Well, the plain brf jars are doing a little better than the experimental jars. It's possible they are all drier than they should be. All were from the same B+ myc/water syringe, nocced up on 1/11, so after 8 days, here's the plain brf-
And here's the ones with instant coffee, gypsum, & honey added-
The last pics(below) are of the syringe of myc/brf/h2o "LI", or "slurry"(not sure which), like I used for these. I was thinking about posting a new topic at some point, properly explaining the tek/method I used for making the brf/h2o "agar" and syringes, without a pc, but here's the basics.
It's amazing, new guys with no pc, only a pot & lid can make it in small jars & use as like an agar substitute, and these syringes with live myc cut down colonization times, and when first inoculated, jars are less likely to 'tam than with spore water.
It will grow 2D like agar, and is not that different imo, but I've read posts where guys put this method down, or say that "there are no substitutes for agar", and they might be sorta right. It is less transparent and a different nutrient profile, but ime, it would be easy enough to see any off-colors from contams, and it worked great.
After the jars are colonized you can make "LI" syringes and use em to noc up regular brf cakes, grain, or whatever. Mine took 2-3 days to see growth from ms, & 2 weeks to fully colonize the jar/plate.
All you do is squirt sterile water over the myc in the jars, shake it around, maybe even try to slice it up a lil bit with the needle tip(if it's long enough), and aspirate the water over it a few times, then suck it back up and cap the syringe. It will look like brf/water, with no myc in the syringe at first, but after a while you can see the myc cloud forming & growing.
The coolest thing, aside from not needing a pc, is that it only takes a drop of spore solution to colonize each jar, and you can make many, many, many syringes, full of live myc from ONE brf/h2o jar, AND It will cut down the colonization time by almost half.
The brf/water "agar" was made on 11/8/18, and the syringes about 2 weeks later, after the jars were fully colonized-