Whew, finally got a huge bag of vermiculite today after soaking the cakes for twelve hours two days ago, just to find out all the stores around were out of verm except for a $20, 2 cubic feet bag of Vigoro brand verm from Home Depot, so I had to wait until today since it's payday. I also picked up a brick of coir to spawn some popcorn tomorrow.
Well, I soaked the cakes the other day in there jars for 12 hrs, and since I couldn't get the verm then, I just drained em and put the lids back on. I decided against using the sterile coir/verm to roll em in, but got that done now.
One thing that sucks, the experiment is screwed now, I mixed up the cakes while verm-rolling today, I was in a hurry and just didn't think about it, and rolled em, then was like "FFFUUUUCCKKK!" I really wanted to see if the coffee would add any size or # to the fruits. After dunking and sealing the lids back up, today a couple have pins forming. I am wondering if the compactedness of the cakes will hinder fruiting, they are pretty solid.
They are in my mini SG, all normal holes and config, 3-4"wet(salt water) perlite, on jar lid rings, all the old fashioned way lol. I will check tomorrow to see if I think any holes need to be taped up to slow the FAE, which I had to do last time I used this FC, we'll see.
I was about to take a pic of the Lindt choco-ball FC which has a couple pins, but my phone died,so I'll do that later and post it.