4 replies to this topic

#1 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:16 PM

Hi,
I'm just curious if there is a right way since the small pin aborts are so small they are difficult to remove so I have been taking a razor knife and just cutting off about 1/8" - 1/4" off the cake where the cluster of aborts are prior to dunking. I'm just wondering if there is a more preferred method:)

Thanks

Edited by Sikfreud, 09 January 2019 - 02:17 PM.

#2 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:21 PM

LoL how small are we talking. I put a glove on and just pick. I guess you could use tweezers if they are really small. Try not to disturb the mycellium around it too much.

I use the twist and pull method. I hate having purple stumps on my cake. But there is nothing wrong with a scalpel many people do it that way too.
  • Sikfreud likes this

#3 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:22 PM

Hi,
I'm just curious if there is a right way since the small pin aborts are so small they are difficult to remove so I have been taking a razor knife and just cutting off about 1/8" - 1/4" off the cake where the cluster of aborts are prior to dunking. I'm just wondering if there is a more preferred method:)

Thanks

Some people will scrape the cakes, but a lot will say not to & to just pick em off as best you can.

I have shaved off 1/4" from cakes and they  tiook a week or so but they did fruit one more time. I was removing yellow myc metabolites from bacteria after 3 flushes.

That might not help you but someone will come along and give a second opinion. Good luck man.

Edited by Billcoz, 09 January 2019 - 02:23 PM.

• Sikfreud likes this

#4 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,472 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

I usually just rub a finger across them and they fall off. Any that don't, I don't worry about. Dunk away. They'll just revert to mycelium.
  • coorsmikey and Sikfreud like this

#5 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:34 PM

I usually just rub a finger across them and they fall off. Any that don't, I don't worry about. Dunk away. They'll just revert to mycelium.

100 percent agreed.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!