• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rabidreject

Rabidreject

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:55 PM

I am new here but am looking for forum where members have good cactus knowledge to talk to like-minded people when harvesting my cacti and purifying the alkaloids.
They are all approx the years old to me, some were oldish when I got them.
Anyways,here is my biggest and it is a Peruvian torch

IMG_1008(1)_kindlephoto-9959290.jpg

And this is another cutting that will be going into the extraction process after I have taken a cutting for future re-growth.

IMG_1009.jpg

Anyways,
Much love to all
  • Myc likes this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:26 PM

Welcome Rabidreject. Glad you've joined us!

#3 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:48 PM

Hello and welcome Rabidreject!
I'm new here myself, and I love extractions, so I can't wait to see how yours turns out, good luck friend!
  • Myc likes this

#4 OnyxObelisk

OnyxObelisk

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 162 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:15 PM

I'm excited to read your method. I was gifted Peruvian Torch from a seed I gave to a friend and I want to learn a few different forms of extraction.

Welcome.

#5 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 922 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:55 PM

I’m losing it I think... I read this as “Cactus Execution”! To make it even worse, in my mind’s eye, it was an octopus getting executed that I envisioned rather than a cactus!!

Between this and misunderstanding 2 posts in the Native Americans thread, even though I had read them multiple times, and responding at length with a post that had absolutely nothing to do with the post I was responding too....

I’m starting to get worried guys... Its far too early to be losing my mind... My ever so slightly above average brain is one of my only redeeming qualities!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • DaveyJonez likes this

#6 Rabidreject

Rabidreject

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:30 PM

Right, i have taken more photos and I have also dug out the original invoice from the only shop I buy cacti from and it turns out that all the cacti I have originate from 6 originals that I cloned.

Anyways the pics I took today are as follows and I actually know the exact species names of them all now :)
Below is the Trichocereus bridgesii f. monstrosus or penis plant that is at least 10 years old, as are all of them now I think of it. (don't know how old it was when I bought it but this particular one was very small. It had just the one small Willy on it. It needs breaking up and repotting to make more though as lots of roots are visible atm.
2019-01-09_19-28-16_898.jpg

The photo below shows the penis plant next to a Trichocereus pasacana that was very short and fat when I got it. Not sure about masculine content of either of these yet, if not looked but will do before I do the extraction/purification as I really love these and they are not that big I might be better off cloning them like I did with my San Pedro's and Peruvian Torches.

2019-01-09_19-31-36_773.jpg

The pascana has some of that weird black spots on it at the top which a few of them have. It looks like it should be squishy as if it's rotten but it harder than the healthy green parts. I think getting rid of the black pups/scabs and leave to re-scab and await new growth.

Today I started processing the second biggest cutting I have to be used for extra film it is 5" round and about 10 or 11 inches long. Maybe longer

I started preparing some.of the cuttings that will be used for extraction today. they are both from different San Pedro cacti. It's probably quite ha rd to see the birthbut the small one.shirt is 5 inches and the big one is 8 inches.
The length of the smaller I is about 14 inches long x 4inches around and thebigger one is 17 inches long by 8 inches girth

2019-01-13_22-28-32_983.jpg (bigger one with 8inch girlth)

2019-01-13_22-28-32_983.jpg (but and smaller cuttings)

#7 Rabidreject

Rabidreject

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:21 AM

Ok so I have been trying to update but it’s hard to know where i am while my posts are being checlked for 12 hours prior to beeping displayed. Rabid

#8 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:20 AM

Ok so I have been trying to update but it’s hard to know where i am while my posts are being checlked for 12 hours prior to beeping displayed. Rabid

Looks like you're a Free Member now and welcome to post wherever you might like. 

I'll move this over to Botanicals for more views and commentary. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!