• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:55 AM

Woot Woot the Mycellium gods are on my side. The B+ on Red Wheat Berries I innoculated from a MS Syringe two nights ago has visible growth in 5 of 7 jars almost exactly on the 48 hour mark. Granted it looks like the finest silk threads you could possibly imagine and is barely visible. My 20 Megapixel camera can't really pick it up. I'll try to get some pics as it thickens up tomorrow night.

That's by far the fastest growth that I've innoculated from an MS syringe. From what I understand some people swear by syringes with visible black spore clumps and some swear by the clear syringes.

In this situation I had light to moderate visible clumps in the syringe. It just so happens that the visible growth is right on the grains with black clumps of spores touching them. Its litterally growing white silk threads all around and on top of the black spore clumps. This is being grow on my NO Pre-Soak Wheat Berries from the other night.

Soo stoked for my 1st B+ grow!! Keep on growing baby. More updates to come.

Edited by MysticalMyco, 10 January 2019 - 03:15 AM.

• Cuboid likes this

#2 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:13 AM

Wow I'm even more stoked. My A+ Albino was innoculated 6 hours later and actually looks a little bit further along lol. Still tiny but big enough to be caught on camera. This one is maybe 42-44 hours old.

Grow on the same grain and conditions with syringes from the same vendor.

Very cool!!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190110_025905-01.jpeg

Edited by MysticalMyco, 10 January 2019 - 03:14 AM.

• Deleena24 likes this

#3 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,487 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:35 PM

That early would make me nervous. Just really unusual for spores to germinate and grow that fast.

#4 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:12 PM

As of right now, I'm not nervous they are only growing in the areas that have direct spore clumps on or near the growth. The 7 jars now show some sort of growth on all 7 jars and the bag shows growth near both injection sites here are some pics.

The first pic is of the bag. There was a slight bit of moisture from the syringe so I mixed it a little causing the hairs to clump a little but still respectable growth for the 65 hour mark.

Second picture is zoomed in on the jars at the 72 hour mark. This was the best clumping of growth but there was some at the bottom. The black spots are direct from the syringe.

So far so good.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190110_220045.jpg
  • IMG_20190110_215805-01~2.jpeg

Edited by MysticalMyco, 10 January 2019 - 10:15 PM.

#5 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:35 PM

Here's some more growth from a different jar which is just large enough to catch on camera.

When I say growth I'm talking some of the jars litterally have a single grain with under 10 white hairs coming off the berry. I've been really paying attention to my innoculation technique so I know exactly where I shoot the spores in each jar with the syringe. I know exactly which angles I shoot because I've been doing the same exact routine for each jar the last few grows. So I only look for growth in the areas I innoculated.

That's not to say the jar won't get to 80-90% colonized and then pop up a bunch of green or black.... I've had that happen too lol.

I just like what I'm seeing so far in this moment.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190110_222334.jpg

#6 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:39 PM

Show us some pins or canopies........... Damn it! :chucks:  :bat:

#7 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:50 PM

LoL at 72 hours canopies would require me to be god. I'm only a god when I smoke DMT.
  • coorsmikey likes this

#8 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:07 PM

That early would make me nervous. Just really unusual for spores to germinate and grow that fast.

Right! Makes me wonder if there was any mycelium in those syringes? I ordered a syringe a couple of weeks ago from a supplier that I have not seen mentioned on this forum, and they ended up sending a vial of mycelium in distilled water labeled as spore solution. I got numbers nearly identical to yours.

The pics are the vial I received, WBS at 48 hours and a PDA plate at 72 hours.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitledxx.jpg
  • IMG_0022.JPG
  • IMG_0024.JPG

Edited by PistolPete13, 11 January 2019 - 02:33 PM.

#9 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

Sometimes spores will germinate in syringes and turn into what are essentially mini LCs.

The only bad thing I can see about that is if someone in the post office decides to confiscate them, since they're not spores anymore.

#10 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

I will cut my MS syringes if they are real dark 2-4 times with vials like that of sterile water.

#11 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:16 AM

Today's growth so far... Still comming along nicely. The black spots are still the clumps from the syringe. This one is the furthest along but the rest aren't too far behind.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190112_091033.jpg

#12 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

I hate when I shoot clumps into a jar, but it does always results in fast growth.

Did you shake after innoculation? I ask because theres not just 1 spot of growth, there are many.

#13 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:39 PM

Nah I like shaking at 20%-30% colonization. I like leaving the jar still as possible after injecting so I know the exact spots I injected. Then I can better document what growths are good vs bad

If I get growth on the back side of a jar and I innoculated the front side, without shaking, then I really need to keep an eye on it.

I'll end up lightly shaking that jar in the picture above in 36-48 hours from now. Then from the shaking it grows pretty evenly.

Edited by MysticalMyco, 12 January 2019 - 02:40 PM.

• Deleena24 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!