#661 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,754 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:47 PM

Another pic from the same spot  just a few minutes later, and looking farther south.

post-136504-0-36478700-1576792072.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0008.1.jpg

Edited by Juthro, 19 December 2019 - 04:48 PM.

• onediadem, dial8, Alder Logs and 6 others like this

#662 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:49 PM

Both of those are stunningly beautiful!

• Juthro and Oneyedraven like this

#663 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,754 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:35 PM

The sunrise broke through the clouds this morning.  It had all of Skye's favorite colors, so I figured I needed to take a pic and share it.

post-136504-0-63683100-1578004506.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0022.1.jpg

Edited by Juthro, 02 January 2020 - 05:35 PM.

• onediadem, Skywatcher, Needles and 4 others like this

#664 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,458 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 07:35 PM

That is a perfect sunrise..............

Thanks for sharing that with us all.

• Juthro, SteampunkScientist, OldBear and 1 other like this

#665 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,090 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:51 PM

That is beautiful Juth. You getting any haze your way from Australia?
  • Juthro likes this

#666 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,754 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:34 PM

If there has been, I haven't noticed. But I'll be honest, I've preferred to sit closer to fire this last week then go outside and look at the sky.    Today @ 2pm,  it was -7F, and we were down to -22 last night.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#667 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,090 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2020 - 11:59 PM

Jeeze, I hate it when it gets below 45! That is the main reason I can't live there, despite it's beauty.
  • Juthro likes this

#668 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,754 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:58 AM

We got people wearing shorts, tank tops, and flip flops at 45* up here, lol.  Steam, you need to come up sometime during the 3 months of summer, and sunshine :)

• Skywatcher and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#669 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 550 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2020 - 11:11 PM

Tonight the moon was making some kind of illusion maybe, it looked like light clouds were perfectly circling the moon. A few minutes later lower clouds passed by but that ring was still visible behind it.

483AF18A-9991-4C15-94E1-5EEE05376046.jpeg

A couple days ago I was able to get a decent picture of the sunrise before starting work. The entire day the sun rays going through the clouds was unreal, almost like a paintbrush pulling the sun rays. Wish I coulda captured all of it.

8C55E016-6D0D-4DFD-B077-2EAC482AEEA2.jpeg
  • onediadem, Skywatcher, Juthro and 3 others like this

#670 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,458 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:51 AM

Tonight the moon was making some kind of illusion maybe, it looked like light clouds were perfectly circling the moon. A few minutes later lower clouds passed by but that ring was still visible behind it.
&&0){for(var>)throw>

You captured a beautiful atmospheric phenomena called an ice halo. It happens when the moon is near full, and the upper atmosphere is moisture laden and freezing. Minute ice crystals form, and they refract the light from the moon. The more moisture there is, the better the halo appears. It can take on rainbow coloration, and even make double rings around the moon.

My grandmother had a wives tale, (which aren't all wrong) she always told us, that if you counted the visible stars inside the ring, it would tell you how many day until rain......................

It's one of my favorite occurrences to see. The same conditions also create sun halos, and " sundogs", which are two rainbow formations on each side of the sun when it is nearer the horizon.

There is more detailed info here:

https://en.wikipedia...cal_phenomenon)

Edited by Skywatcher, 10 January 2020 - 09:55 AM.

• Juthro and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#671 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,754 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 07:42 PM

A stairway from the heavens.

post-136504-0-76588500-1579480943.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0038r.1.jpg

Edited by Juthro, 20 January 2020 - 12:14 AM.

• onediadem, dial8, Skywatcher and 3 others like this

#672 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 945 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:00 AM

Jellyfish from the Atlanta aquarium

20200126_164911.jpg 20200126_164815.jpg
  • onediadem, Skywatcher, Juthro and 2 others like this

#673 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,754 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:42 PM

Please keep all tails, and paws inside the box until the ride has come to a complete stop. 

post-136504-0-00054700-1580586089.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0007r.1.jpg

Edited by Juthro, 01 February 2020 - 02:42 PM.

• onediadem, Skywatcher, Oneyedraven and 3 others like this

#674 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,754 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 February 2020 - 08:53 PM

Anyone here ever buy a refurbished Nikon lens?   B&H had a Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR for 1/3 the price of  a new one.

I'm hoping I'll be happy with it as a replacement for my Nikon 55-300 f/4.5-5.6    The Sigma I tried had compatibility issues with my camera body, and I returned it.  So this is my next move, but at this price I'm comfortable with trying it.  My only concern is how much the loss of that 1/3 of a f-stop @300mm is going to affect me.

Edited by Juthro, 02 February 2020 - 09:21 PM.

#675 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,718 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:02 PM

Thought it was a nice vibe one morning last week

20200128_102724.jpg

20200128_102730.jpg

Sorry I couldn't quite figure out the picture sizing thing. Its the zoom function for me, ctl mousewheel

Attached Thumbnails

• post-160704-0-72114200-1580850120.jpg

Edited by flashingrooster, 04 February 2020 - 04:06 PM.

• onediadem, Skywatcher, Juthro and 2 others like this

#676 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,505 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:35 AM

I stopped on the highway and took a pic of the Alaskan range on my way to the food bank this morning.... (dropping off, not picking up)

//<![CDATA[
(function(){for(var g="function"==typeof Object.defineProperties?Object.defineProperty:function(b,c,a){if(a.get||a.set)throw new TypeError("ES3 does not support getters and setters.");b!=Array.prototype&&b!=Object.prototype&&(b[c]=a.value)},h="undefined"!=typeof window&&window===this?this:"undefined"!=typeof global&&null!=global?global:this,k=["String","prototype","repeat"],l=0;l<k.length-1;l++){var m=k[l];m in h||(h[m]={});h=h[m]}var n=k[k.length-1],p=h[n],q=p?p:function(b){var c;if(null==this)throw new TypeError("The 'this' value for String.prototype.repeat must not be null or undefined");c=this+"";if(0>b||1342177279<b)throw new RangeError("Invalid count value");b|=0;for(var a="";b;)if(b&1&&(a+=c),b>>>=1)c+=c;return a};q!=p&&null!=q&&g(h,n,{configurable:!0,writable:!0,value:q});var t=this;function u(b,c){var a=b.split("."),d=t;a[0]in d||!d.execScript||d.execScript("var "+a[0]);for(var e;a.length&&(e=a.shift());)a.length||void 0===c?d[e]?d=d[e]:d=d[e]={}:d[e]=c};function v(b){var c=b.length;if(0<c){for(var a=Array©,d=0;d<c;d++)a[d]=b[d];return a}return[]};function w(b){var c=window;if(c.addEventListener)c.addEventListener("load",b,!1);else if(c.attachEvent)c.attachEvent("onload",b);else{var a=c.onload;c.onload=function(){b.call(this);a&&a.call(this)}}};var x;function y(b,c,a,d,e){this.h=b;this.j=c;this.l=a;this.f=e;this.g={height:window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight,width:window.innerWidth||document.documentElement.clientWidth||document.body.clientWidth};this.i=d;this.b={};this.a=[];this.c={}}function z(b,c){var a,d,e=c.getAttribute("data-pagespeed-url-hash");if(a=e&&!(e in b.c))if(0>=c.offsetWidth&&0>=c.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{d=c.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=d.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);d=d.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+d;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.g.height&&d<=b.g.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.c[e]=!0)}y.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&z(this,b)};u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){x.checkImageForCriticality(b)});u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){A(x)});function A(b){b.b={};for(var c=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],d=0;d<c.length;++d)a=a.concat(v(document.getElementsByTagName(c[d])));if(a.length&&a[0].getBoundingClientRect){for(d=0;c=a[d];++d)z(b,c);a="oh="+b.l;b.f&&(a+="&n="+b.f);if(c=!!b.a.length)for(a+="&ci="+encodeURIComponent(b.a[0]),d=1;d<b.a.length;++d){var e=","+encodeURIComponent(b.a[d]);131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.i&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(B())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),c=!0);C=a;if©{d=b.h;b=b.j;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch®{try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(D){}}f&&(f.open("POST",d+(-1==d.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}}function B(){var b={},c;c=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(!c.length)return{};var a=c[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var d=0;a=c[d];++d){var e=a.getAttribute("data-pagespeed-url-hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0<a.width&&0<a.height&&0<a.naturalWidth&&0<a.naturalHeight||e in b&&a.width>=b[e].o&&a.height>=b[e].m)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b}var C="";u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return C});u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,c,a,d,e,f){var r=new y(b,c,a,e,f);x=r;d&&w(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){A®},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://mycotopia.ne...lse,t8e06QW5zzs');
//]]>post-136504-0-36863700-1576785814.jpg

Being rewarded with that beauty what more can you ask for eh bud? People up by you have a hard time sometimes thanks for dropping off for thoes that need it xoxox
  • Juthro and makinbones69 like this

#677 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,754 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:26 PM

Being rewarded with that beauty what more can you ask for eh bud? People up by you have a hard time sometimes thanks for dropping off for thoes that need it xoxox&&0){for(var>)throw>

Thanks WIldE :)

This state has really screwed up policies on food stamps, and such.  I think the regional food bank is non profit scam to make the board members wealthy, and that the food they do process through there is not enough, nor is it going to the people that really need it the most.

So my wife and I donate regularly to a food share at a local church that doesn't require background checks and mounds of paperwork before they give food to hungry. 

No one should have to go to bed hungry.

• onediadem, wildedibles, Alder Logs and 2 others like this

#678 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,505 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:21 PM

Being rewarded with that beauty what more can you ask for eh bud? People up by you have a hard time sometimes thanks for dropping off for thoes that need it xoxox&&0){for(var>)throw>

Thanks WIldE :)

This state has really screwed up policies on food stamps, and such.  I think the regional food bank is non profit scam to make the board members wealthy, and that the food they do process through there is not enough, nor is it going to the people that really need it the most.

So my wife and I donate regularly to a food share at a local church that doesn't require background checks and mounds of paperwork before they give food to hungry. 

No one should have to go to bed hungry.
Ya our food Bank is kinda the same thing here we do need it every month hubby has seen several large checks coming in there but nothing is... I don't want to get into it but if you were an alcoholic you should not work at the beer store so why is food hoarders running our food BANK?
I don't like to complain about these things but there's scammers every where

That is a very beautiful picture to remind us the beauty but also the hard winter times for many people lol the poll for December was closed but I still some how voted for you anyway lol :)
  • Juthro and ElPirana like this

#679 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,754 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:12 PM

Yea hahh!  My 'new to me' lens arrived yesterday :)  I haven't had a chance to take it outside and play with it yet, but my first impressions are very good.

I cant believe how much faster Nikon's AF-P auto focus is over their older AF-S system, and it is so quiet that I can't hear it work at all, though admittedly I have very poor hearing.   I hope to get out this weekend and take some shots with it, I have high hopes for it fitting the bill for my goto wildlife lens.

#680 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,160 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:09 PM

I has a D750 coming!

• Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!