1056 replies to this topic

#1041 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 391 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:23 PM

@ELPirana I was at a yard sale and bought a box of cameras. This lens was attached to a EOS film camera that was in a really nice bag. Its not the best lens that Canon makes but it looks to be in real nice shape. You may be able to get a reversing ring and use it for macro photography. don't think that there are any caps for it but they can easily be had online or at a camera shop. If you think you may want it, its yours. I shoot Nikon and will never use it..... I am working a crazy amount of hours and could take a while to get to a post office so PM me if you don't already have one like it.....

Needles, that is very cool of you to offer, you have no idea how much I appreciate it! I’ll shoot you a PM.

Edited by ElPirana, 07 July 2020 - 06:24 PM.

• Juthro and makinbones69 like this

#1042 Choices

Choices

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:12 PM

Ok so this thread is making me itch. I’ve been on the fence about getting a dslr but have never pulled the trigger because of my phone. But the more and more I see these pics I’m getting frothy. If I may a few questions.

Cannon vs Nikon?

I put a quick search in the ole google box and it came Back with Nikon D3500 as the best entry level, user friendly camera. Just curious about peoples opinions on that.
  • Skywatcher, Juthro and ElPirana like this

#1043 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,524 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:03 PM

IMHO, the D3500 is a great entry level camera.  It is almost identical to the d5500 I run, the only difference being a few features like touch led screen (that I almost never use), and stereo input microphones on the camera for if/when you record video, but they both run the same processor, and sensor as far as photo quality (IIRC)

With that said, you really can't go wrong with either canon, or nikon IMHO, both are quality products, on well established platforms.   Parts and accessories for both are plentiful and will likely remain so for a very long time.

• makinbones69 and Choices like this

#1044 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 424 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:10 PM

Amazon has some really awesome kits Choices. If u start shopping around it's worth a look. Even on the models these guys are mentioning is the only reason I'm chiming in. I had a Nikon kit I was eyeing before I started with the ammo snatching.

#1045 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,095 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:18 PM

no sooner than I left this thread than an offer popped up in my inbox for D3500 with 50-300 and 18-55 zoom lenses

for only

$595

this kit has been coming down in price for a while now. my guess is something's about to change at Nikon

my dream camera body, the D750 hasn't changed price in years

if interested check Procam for the price, or B&H for the satisfaction of buying from the biggest, oldest camera store (if that's your thing)

#1046 Choices

Choices

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:23 PM

I was looking at this. I like the idea of touch screen and WiFi. I’m sure it’s full Of stuff I probably won’t ever use. But I don’t want to have to upgrade dwn the line. Appreciate any input. I know it’s not true to the tread, meaning pictures.

Nikon D5600 24.2MP DSLR Digital Camera with 18-55mm and 70-300mm Lenses (1580) USA Model Deluxe Bundle -Includes- Sandisk 64GB SD Card + Large Camera Bag + Filter Kits + Spare Battery + Telephoto Lens https://www.amazon.c...i_54rbFb6P4CH17

#1047 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,095 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:53 PM

Looks like a decent package. Lots of stuff you can use. The extra battery will come in handy if you're ever shooting on really cold days. I carry four batteries for two cameras when I'm out in the Michigan winter. Cold eats up batteries surprisingly fast.

Don't know what your politics are but I'll eat shit before I buy through Amazon again.

this might be useful to you          https://cameradecisi...vs-Nikon-D5600 

Edited by pharmer, 07 July 2020 - 09:04 PM.

• Choices likes this

#1048 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,524 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:04 PM

Seems like a nice kit to me, Choices.  

As a FYI, I just saw on B&H photo they have a refurbished (by Nikon USA)  D5600, with the same kit lens for $530.  It did not however come with the other accessories though.

https://www.bhphotov...amera_with.html

#1049 Choices

Choices

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:08 PM

That was extremely helpful. Thank you..

#1050 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 424 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:13 AM

May be the wrong place to post. Some pottery and skinning tools I found this morning putting out corn after a rain. Unsure of the metal piece to the right it looks to be a modern metal piece though. b77f650e82d6be159eb3965493a818dd.jpg
  • onediadem, Skywatcher, Juthro and 3 others like this

#1051 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 391 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 06:35 PM

Went on a walk during my lunch break today, and while I was cooling off in the shade of a tree I saw a freshly molted assassin bug.

C43BFEBC-D51E-4451-BAF1-7A1E80C787C7.jpeg

Then just as I was about to leave, I saw the tree moving. It was a bagworm (moth). I have never seen one before, it was cool watching it make its way up the tree, pulling its leaf-covered cocoon with it.

AE6A4A8B-60CE-47B4-8B25-E9DC66367FA0.jpeg

Then I found another bagworm on a different tree. He tried to hide at first, but I waited it out and got a pic of him partly out of its cocoon.

0719352B-4339-486D-9D95-1ADC267EB371.jpeg

41C482AC-CDD0-469E-A314-5FEF577CF4ED.jpeg

I looked up some info on the bagworm and found this description:

The bagworm moth (Psychidae) of the family Lepidoptera might be a pest for Botanists, but for Lepidopterists they are one of the rare architects of the animal world. As soon as the caterpillar of the bagworm moth hatches, it weaves a silk cocoon around itself, inside which it will live until it grows into an adult moth. To make its life as a larva safe and protected from predators, the caterpillar reinforces its silk cocoon with pieces of twigs, leaves and other plant matter. Depending on what debris is on hand when they are forming the cocoon, the resulting shelter might look like a bunch of twigs... These strcutures are called cases, and bagworm moths are also known as "case moths”.

• onediadem, Skywatcher, Juthro and 3 others like this

#1052 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,095 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 09:00 PM

those fuckers ate two cedars in the backyard of our old house. killed every bit of shade we had in less than a month

didn't have a clue to what was going on until I saw several of those cocoons walking around on my garage. one minute it's a piece of your dying tree, the next is a walking cocoon. I'd never seen them until last summer and don't want to see them again.

• makinbones69 likes this

#1053 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 391 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 09:52 PM

those fuckers ate two cedars in the backyard of our old house. killed every bit of shade we had in less than a month

didn't have a clue to what was going on until I saw several of those cocoons walking around on my garage. one minute it's a piece of your dying tree, the next is a walking cocoon. I'd never seen them until last summer and don't want to see them again.

I don’t blame you! One of the descriptions I read said that they are parasitic.

#1054 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 424 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 PM

Aren't we all parasites?
I feel ya tho these are my hate insects lately.. and the skeeters and the nats. And those that shall not be named that u must wrap up for to venture too far ..ha

36362ed8dd0aae74858e83ef2d2a9a35.jpg

Edited by makinbones69, Yesterday, 10:13 PM.

• onediadem and ElPirana like this

#1055 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,524 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 10:28 PM

Up here it's the damn spruce beetle, I just had my tree guy take down a couple of 60'+ beetle killed white spruce next to my house.  They decimate entire forests up here, many 1000's of acres killed, and then comes the fires...

#1056 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,221 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Today, 01:41 AM

When I was a kid we would have to pull those off of my moms tomato plants. We put a whole bucket of them in the mailbox at the corner. I know our mailman hated all of us curtain apes.

• Arathu and Juthro like this

#1057 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,995 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Today, 04:34 AM

The beauty of recognizing my "assholeism" of youth, and the serious beatings I got up to the point that I learned to fight back, is that I tend to be really cool in dealing with youth, even some adults. Not by letting shit go but by having serious logical conversations about "things".......if we could just remember this shit from lifetime to lifetime perhaps...........meh....never mind......hahahaha

Fuck those tomato and tree eating bugs not to mention the white cabbage moths and the Japanese beetles........(the English Beatles were pretty cool though) 

Rodents are another thread entirely!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!