1533 replies to this topic

#1521 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 787 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2021 - 10:00 AM

This one was tough to photograph.  It looks like a very young rabid wolf spider, it's probably only around 3mm across.  I felt it crawling across my arm while I was meditating and was able to get some photos while it was on the carpet.

gallery_158979_1740_202316.jpg

Camera settings: f/4.5, 1/100 sec, ISO-3200, 35mm using a 21mm extension tube, no flash

• Skywatcher, Juthro, Needles and 4 others like this

#1522 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,274 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:33 AM

Those spiders are pretty quick no?

• ElPirana likes this

#1523 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 915 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 01:19 PM

Haven't had a good yoga session in a year now due to this monster, loves to roll under me and lovenip anything that i'm balancing on.

Snoot.JPG

Edited by rockyfungus, 11 April 2021 - 01:19 PM.

• ElPirana, makinbones69 and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#1524 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 787 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:57 PM

Those spiders are pretty quick no?

Yeah, that little guy was damn fast!  Made it extra challenging to get its photo.

This Canadian Goose has nested in a huge planter that's in front of a vacant grocery store nearby.  Looks like a good place to be!

gallery_158979_1740_331942.jpg

gallery_158979_1740_118791.jpg

Edited by ElPirana, 12 April 2021 - 09:00 PM.

• Arathu, Skywatcher, Juthro and 5 others like this

#1525 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 862 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2021 - 09:51 PM

Majestic!

• Juthro and ElPirana like this

#1526 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,671 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2021 - 04:42 AM

Wait until the goslings hatch.......mama bear ain't got shit on a mama goose......well, mass of course, and then there's teeth and claws.....never mind I need more coffee.....

But it's the TUDE DUDE.......the tude....

Nice pictures everyone.......Juthro I hope Alaska and the rest of the great white north thaws out soon for y'all brother...

A

• Skywatcher, Juthro, ElPirana and 2 others like this

#1527 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,274 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:14 PM

I always like watching people get tough with them on the golf course, until that one goose decides it ain't running away and then you get to see a grown man run away like a little girl. Some of them can get pretty big and when they are nesting they can get aggressive.

If that goose is making a stand leave it alone

[Direct Link]

Hole #1 here has a little pond so we have had plenty of interactions with those honkers over the summer

• Arathu, Skywatcher, Juthro and 1 other like this

#1528 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,219 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2021 - 07:50 PM

Wait until the goslings hatch.......mama bear ain't got shit on a mama goose......well, mass of course, and then there's teeth and claws.....never mind I need more coffee.....

But it's the TUDE DUDE.......the tude....

Nice pictures everyone.......Juthro I hope Alaska and the rest of the great white north thaws out soon for y'all brother...

A

We are getting closer, but winter is hanging on tight this year.   Right now the concern is flooding, all that melting snow, and the ground is still to frozen to take the water.

But thank you for thinking about us brother :) 

The truck should be useable in another month or so,  lol. 

post-136504-0-81068800-1618361389.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0400r.1.jpg

Edited by Juthro, 13 April 2021 - 07:51 PM.

• Arathu, PJammer24, Skywatcher and 5 others like this

#1529 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,574 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 09:14 AM

Just a lil diddy taken from the rear of my property...

IMG_4022 small.jpg

I'm having some issues with sizing this photo... If it is easy to do and a moderator does not mind, could you please make this look pretty for me?? 

Thanks!!

Edited by PJammer24, Yesterday, 09:22 AM.

• Skywatcher, Juthro, ElPirana and 2 others like this

#1530 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,283 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 09:24 AM

Very nice. I envy the property but not all that hard work :)

#1531 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,574 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 10:58 AM

Very nice. I envy the property but not all that hard work :)

If by "hard work" you are referring to the farming... This particular field is not mine and neither is the work... We do have some acreage but we allow a neighborhood farmer to farm it. We enjoy having the crops in the fields and not having to mow or do the work ourselves so the farmer gets free land and we get to live amid the fields! This photo is essentially taken from my rear property line across the neighbors fields. This is a good spot for sunsets!

• Juthro and makinbones69 like this

#1532 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,283 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 02:53 PM

Gotcha. A classic case of he's got the land but you've got the view.

I still envy it.

• Juthro likes this

#1533 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,219 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 02:56 PM

Hey, Pharmer, you having any luck with your drone?

EDIT:  Here is PJ's pic resized

post-136504-0-46816700-1618603347.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• post-122959-0-99645000-1618582835.1.jpg

Edited by Juthro, Yesterday, 03:03 PM.

• Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

#1534 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,283 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Today, 12:45 PM

I didn't get the drone til around Christmas and it got ugly cold here for a while. The online experts strongly recommend against flying in the cold as it can weird out the electronics. Weird electronics would be undesirable as every bit of the navigating software is electronic and software. Given the pricetag on the unit I heard the message loud and clear.

Another interesting thing learned - wind speed at the ground is often 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 times lower than it is at 100ft and again at 200 feet. I learned this lesson the hard way. During a demonstration for my sister at her front yard the wind was 18ish mph on the ground and didn't worry me. BUT I programmed the drone to auto-go to 200 feet up before returning home(to avoid the tallest trees near home) per it's supremely programmable programability.

BUT the wind at 200 feet was over 40 mph! and took the drone for a short but frightening uncontrollable ride before auto setting itself down in the backyard, thankfully in a large grassy area. Luck? probably because 50 feet in any other direction and shit would have hit its' fans.

I could have known about these winds aloft if I'd consulted any one of the dozen apps available for these drones on my phone but stupid is as stupid does. So I have the app now. So much useful info on these apps.

Another thing - the govt is all up in your ass with these drones. Man, you have to agree to give away every scrap of data about your flights to the FAA. Seriously, the drone has a unique I.D. just like your phone and desktop computer. The drone is loaded with data transfer software direct to the FAA and everything about every flight is uploaded to them every time you start up the machine. Big Bother IS watching. So much for my zombie apocalypse fantasy purpose for the drone.

But, it's springtime here now and pretty soon the springtime chores will be done and I can get out of town and find something interesting to shoot.

So far I'm happy with the capability of the camera with the single exception of it being a very small mm lens which cannot be changed. Much more expensive drones do have swappable lenses but the selection is limited somewhere between 18mm and a MAX of 50mm. WTF?  This is a limitation. You have to fly the drone right up on top of things to get a decent image of many of the types of subjects I'd like to shoot. It's great for big landscapes, useless for most wildlife, ok for immobile subjects like waterfalls as long as the geography and physics of the location are right for the friggin' small lens.

So, I'll give a mixed review of the whole idea until swayed one way or another. And as the humble servant of Skye's thread, will get some pics up here as soon as something worthing showing develops

• PJammer24, Juthro and ElPirana like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!