• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:41 PM

HI everyone, I've recently gotten back into mushrooms and I don't have friends in real life to discuss such things with. I've read plenty of threads on mycotopia and I decided it was my favorite forum. 

I'm here to learn and for a sense of community surrounding things that I hold in high regard that are very taboo in everyday society. I have no idea how to navigate this site so any help is much appreciated!

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,238 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:49 PM

welcome aboard  :biggrin:

#3 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:52 PM

howdy and welcome

#4 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:14 PM

I have no idea how to navigate this site so any help is much appreciated!

Just explore! ; )

Hello and welcome Davey! Glad to have you join us

#5 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:56 PM

Thanks guys .. everyone is so warm here :biggrin:

#6 Cheehai

Cheehai

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:21 PM

I get such crooked looks when I tell people I  grow mushrooms. The assumption is that I grow magic mushrooms. Same difference when I mention that I'm a chemist. It's assume I'm "Breaking Bad" :D he he

It depends a lot who you're talking to, tbh. There's a renewed interest in the science community regarding the medicinal use of polysyllabic for PTSD. Pharmaceuticals are not cutting it for people anymore. So we might expect some friendly legislature, attitude change in 17-25 years :D

• DaveyJonez likes this

#7 BlatantPies

BlatantPies

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:59 PM

Sooner than that, I think. Not so much for any scientific reason as the desire for a new gold rush. Still a good thing.

• coorsmikey and DaveyJonez like this

#8 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:51 PM

Welcome to the site!

For your purposes, the magic fungi forum for growing, and general discussions for random / lifestyle posts should get ya started.

The other forums here are populated by political pundits, aged hippies and hipsters, and savory, retired sub-mariners - view at your own risk - there's a lot of really weird people that post here, so ... watch out for those folks, right!

As long as you're down with growing the fungus and sporadic cannibalism, we'll get along just fine. 

Welcome to Mycotopia!

:)

soliver

• mushit, DaveyJonez and BlatantPies like this

#9 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,084 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:07 PM

The other forums here are populated by political pundits, aged hippies and hipsters, and savory, retired sub-mariners - view at your own risk - there's a lot of really weird people that post here, so ... watch out for those folks, right!

Hey! I resemble that remark! :biggrin:

Welcome DaveyJones

• Soliver, DaveyJonez and BlatantPies like this

#10 Bsdgaou

Bsdgaou

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:49 AM

Hello all, new member here. I've got some question for you, if you can help me with pressure cooker. I bought used one, it comes with two vents and I don't know which one to use or how to identify them. One is for 8 PSI, other is for 17 PSI. They look identical, so how I know which one is it?

Also, how to cook, I never used PC before. All the steam will vent outside of pot automatically, or must there be some manual things to do?

• DaveyJonez likes this

#11 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:19 PM

Hello all, new member here. I've got some question for you, if you can help me with pressure cooker. I bought used one, it comes with two vents and I don't know which one to use or how to identify them. One is for 8 PSI, other is for 17 PSI. They look identical, so how I know which one is it?

Also, how to cook, I never used PC before. All the steam will vent outside of pot automatically, or must there be some manual things to do?

i don't know what kind of cooker you have but i would imagine the handbook is online as a pdf if you search your make and model. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!