Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What is this brown stuff next to healthy mycelium?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fare8

Fare8

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

What is this brown powdery substance. Its on both of my jars. It only grows on the edges of mycelium and doesnt look like organic organism. Is it dead micelium ? It grows next to almost every mycelium island. It cant be the lipstick or pink fungi, cant it?

https://imgur.com/a/GzIinwz

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:18 PM

It's some kind of undesired mold! Sorry. 

https://mycotopia.ne...ly-to-the-site/

#3 Fare8

Fare8

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:50 PM

Sorry but i couldnt see a way to attach photo on mobile version. Normaly i swich to a desktop site. What kind of mold is it? Can i just leave it and let my mushroom fruit? Thanks.

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:13 PM

You can do whatever your heart chooses. I have seen a lot of weird shit when it comes to growing fungi. I personally don't keep molds around long enough to identify it for you. I do some can be unhealthy to humans. I am a believer that if it's not clean now there are most likely bacteria that you can't see also. I have seen a few cases over twenty years where the mycelium would win. Most of the time it's a losing battle. Even if you choose to observe and learn, I wouldn't keep your hopes up. Start over fresh and try to see where things went wrong and correct them. the majority consensus would be to get the contamination out of your environment now. If I wanted to observe mold growing I could most likely find some in my fridge lol.

#5 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,687 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

Looks like the start of lipstick mold.

#6 Fare8

Fare8

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:48 PM

Damn, so disapointed. Im gonna wait a bit more just to be sure.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!