3:1 ratio sub/spawn. After I mixed them up and spread it out evenly, I placed a very thin layer of sub covering the sub/spawn mix. As for the tub itself, I drilled a hole at each end and two in the lid, all stuffed with polyfil.
Improvising, I used the plastic to keep the last two cake mixes separate. If given their own tub, they would be spread too thin...
FAST FORWARD 3 DAYS
After seeing more pics of tubs after spawning, before fruiting, I decided mine needed a couple more holes (and maybe it also gave me the excuse to look inside for the first time). Given my unorthodox timeline (putting it nicely) I thought it be wise to post some pics w/ questions about their appearance.
My questions are (1) the pic of the corner, please tell me to stop being paranoid that it is just super fluffy myc, and (2) When does condensation become a problem? Not sure how well you can see the amount on the lid in that pic, but it has quite a bit of water on it. A follow up question would be, if I am past the acceptable amount, what should I do, if anything to dial it back in.
And here are pics of day14 for the 3 wbfs 1/2 pint jars.
I am not sure, but my hypothesis on why the color changed from bluish, to the more common tan, was because I didn't have adequate fae at the beginning. The point at which they changed is still visible on the stems as seen in the picture. Kinda reminds me of when a snake sheds its skin, except I have a slight phobia of snakes... drifting... sorry. They are only 1" thick and seemed to be drying a little, so I harvested them. The BM side weighed in at 48.2
The B+ side, a little less at 37.1. I had quite a few little guys on the sides, even a few underneath. For fruiting, the shoebox has been sitting in a bigger tub with perlite underneath. I put each one into their own ziploc bag full of water for 12 hours, added another rack on top of the first one, and they are now lying directly on top of the second rack. No picture at this time, but one will be forthcoming.
Now for the late guy to the party. This is same mix/ratio, just with 2 jars of cambodia. Did this one dub tub style. The design..is.. not traditional..We hot glued polyfil al the way around the top tub where it sits on the bottom one with no fasteners connecting them. Its looked greyish, but its slowly coming around.
Edited by 417outsiders, 24 February 2019 - 01:01 AM.