• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JUPITOR

JUPITOR

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:56 AM

Hi all. Firstly, I'm excited to be part of this forum. I get the impression that this is where one should come who is seeking like minded individuals who appreciate and respect the mushroom for what it really is - a sacrament. I first tried the mushroom out of pure curiosity. I noticed how special and how much potential it had the very first time. After that, I explored the Mushroom in many different ways and had, for the most part, very positive experiences. And I became very eager to share this MAGIC with those I loved. And those who I thought could be helped by it. I quickly became the guy that everyone wanted to do mushrooms with because I was able to help them navigate the experience very well. 

Then one night, a friend called me and asked for a "spirit journey" very last minute. So I cancelled my plans with my wife and took off into the mountains with my friend, knowing that my wife was looking forward to spending the night with me and was upset about my last minute change of plans.

I had tripped 2 days before so I was concerned there would be some tolerance build up in my brain. So I thought this would be a good night to experiment with combining the mushroom with Syrian Rue, which I had heard can double the effectual potency of the mushroom. So therefore, my usual 1/8th would still feel like an 1\8th. So here I go last minute off into the woods to do mushrooms with Rue for the first time right after eating a rather large steak dinner, knowing that my wife was upset. So needless to say, I was pretty cocky about my ability to navigate the psychedelic realms and thought I could ignore all the rules of set, setting, diet, etc...

The mushroom taught me some very hard lessons that night. And I'm still not over it, now 6 years later. I have made many strides in processing that night. But what happened is the mushroom threw my entire shadow at me. And I experienced it as a literal black cloud that came out of the sky and consumed me in a ball of blue fire. It was like experiencing the Devil himself. The thought occurred to me to pray to GOD for help. But fought it. Because GOD wasn't allowed in my life. God didn't exist. So God came out of the sky in an amazing swirling kaleidoscope of pinks and purples and blues, with a glorious bright light emanating from the center. It was like seeing YAHWEH, but being denied access by SATAN. Knowing that all I needed to do was surrender to God and ask for help and he would save me. But not doing so because I couldn't believe that God existed despite the fact that I could see him and feel his power. And so there was nowhere to turn and I was utterly alone, consumed in fear, and wishing for death. But afraid to die, because it wouldn't make any difference. I would undoubtedly find myself here again after I died. And so I laid there for an eternity screaming and sobbing and shaking, curled up in a ball, until I was released, but with many scars, still in a very uncomfortable limbo between heaven and hell.

I learned some very important truths about myself that night. But many of those truths were very hard pills to swallow. And since that night I have largely avoided the mushroom completely. And only done sub God-summoning doses of other psychedelics (LSD, MDMA, Ayahuasca). Those experiences have helped me process that night into smaller bits that I've been working through. But I'm still running from God. And I'm beginning to feel like I may be ready to stop running. And so, the Mushroom is once again calling to me. And I am beginning a new grow of Panaeolus Cyanescens, a new species for me. 

This thread has captivated me-

https://mycotopia.ne...elada-ceremony/

Thank you to all who contributed to it. Particularly elfstone and DonShadow. I will be following your posts very closely, and would sincerely like to chat about it with you sometime. I wish to join you in your direction with the mushroom, and am eager for as much information as you are willing to share.

Anyway, thank you for reading and I hope to be an active participant here. 

Sincerely, 

Jupitor

• DonShadow likes this

#2 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:49 AM

Welcome to Mycotopia JUPITOR!

Rue and mush synergize well together. Glad that after 6 yrs that you've managed to integrate the lessons for the most part and that the mushroom is calling you back! I look forward to seeing the pan grow. Enjoy the community!

Peace
  • coorsmikey and JUPITOR like this

#3 JUPITOR

JUPITOR

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:50 PM

Thank you Mushinist :) 

Speaking of Pan Cyans, would anyone like to chime in on the difference in effects between them and other species? Thus far my only experience has been with Cubensis, and Ps. Galindoi truffles. I'm also very much interested in the other strains of P. Mexicana. Any comments about any of these species would be most helpful.

-J

#4 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:47 PM

Welcome Jupitor! I'm glad you found your way here, and I'm glad you've enjoyed following my trainwreck of a "journey". Please keep in mind that I'm a total numbskull and I have no idea what I'm doing! I encourage you to look into some of the Mexican species with a history of traditional use, species like Ps. mexicana and Ps. semperviva. They are much easier to grow than the pans, only slightly more difficult to grow than cubensis, and they are truly wonderful to imbibe. Best of luck to you.

• Samwise and Mushinist like this

#5 JUPITOR

JUPITOR

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

Thanks Don. I will definitely look into the Sempervivas. You have piqued my interest! 

#6 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 258 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:03 PM

The Chicon Nindo mexicana is, in my 45 years of experience, unparalleled in purity, potency and gentle benignity.

The Syrian Rue combo is, in my experience, a bit like the one I had as a 3-year-old boy in my grandmother’s attic when I put my finger in a live lamp socket to figure out how it made the light go on. I fortunately stuck my finger in the right way, so that the 120v charge ran only the length of my index finger. I ran down the stairs and exclaimed to my parents and grandparents, “It zipped me! It zipped me!”

I experimented with Syrian Rue and Terence McKenna’s Brillo Nuevo strain of cubensis in 1984 after reading his accounts of combining B. caapi bark and Psilocybe cubensis in Amazonia in The Invisible Landscape: Mind, Hallucinogens and the I Ching. My account of that evening is written up here:

It definitely “zipped me!” Since that experience I have never felt inclined to repeat the experiment again. The CNM is powerful enough. Light a beeswax candle, stay with it, and pray for God to reveal Himself and you will not be disappointed.

http://www.santosninos.org/dragon

It definitely “zipped me!” Since that experience I have never felt inclined to repeat the experiment again. The CNM is powerful enough. Light a beeswax candle, stay with it, and pray for God to reveal Himself and you will not be disappointed.

https://www.amazon.c...p_mob_ap_share

γνῶθι σεαυτόν
gnothi seauton
know thyself

Edited by elfstone, 27 January 2019 - 05:10 PM.

• coorsmikey, Samwise, OldBear and 1 other like this

#7 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,149 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:25 AM

In my opinion, Syrian rue is a horrible dark thing. Better forgotten.

#8 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 258 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:38 PM

I concur with jkdeth about Syrian Rue. I will never use it again.

Cacao synergizes with the mushroom in a deep and pleasant manner. I always ingest cacao with the mushroom and have never regretted it.

#9 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:00 PM

Welcome to Mycotopia JUPITOR...a great place you've found here.

Ah Syrian rue. It can be a risky one to dance with that one. I had a recent experience ingesting Syrian rue tea with a good dose of dry P. hoogshagenii 'Semperviva'. Mentally, the experience was fantastic...exalted, light filled, blissful, while being able to peer into my shadow from a perspective of levity, I also had a creative breakthrough with an important work related project. The experience was long lasting...11 hours later I was still feeling it, and I found it interesting how the feel and vibe of the experience shifted gears as the Syrian rue started to abate, and the mushrooms came into the fore. My body was very unhappy though...nausea and vomiting I was expecting, but it was pretty unrelenting...also what I would intuit as feeling my blood pressure being elevated, aching kidneys, and a painful gut. I was quite worried at one point...this was not a mental "bad trip" it really felt like a physical poisoning. My seeds were old, perhaps things had degraded in some way? I have made Syrian rue tea in the past without these issues. But it pretty much turned me off for good.

Syrian rue is a powerful plant...it is very potent, and one needs to careful when dosing with DMT or mushrooms with it, as one can go in too deep quickly...and you'll be in deep for a while. I've had some truly wondrous, blissful and ecstastic experiences with this combo, but I've also had some more harrowing experiences (although this was actually more combining it with DMT). The B. caapi ayahuasca vine is a much more forgiving plant to work with in a psilohuasca/MAOI adjunct perspective. There are some other alkaloidal nasties in Syrian rue that render it feeling more toxic on the body, and much less well tolerated as the dosage increases...ayahuasca vine lacks these and can be consumed in much larger amounts. One of my all time deepest psychedelic experiences...until a seminal breakthrough experience with 5-MeO-DMT in the form of vaped Bufo alvarius toad secretion...was the combination of 30g ayahuasca vine tea, plus 1g of dried Panaeolus cyanescens 'Hawaiian', plus 250mg of DMT freebase extracted from Mimosa tenuiflora...looking at this now, it seems a really quite reckless and fool hardy thing to do. As the combination started coming on, I experienced what really felt like a very dark foreboding thundercloud building around my head. I was hyperventilating and on the verge of panic. I then purged...but this was a purge on a whole other level...I ROARED as I expelled the plant and fungal matter. This purge was my salvation (another thing I like about ayahuasca vine over Syrian rue, is the dependable ability to purge on it when things get heavy)...all the feelings of darkness and foreboding were shed, and I entered into one of the most supremely beautiful, blissful, exalted experiences of my life. I ingested this combination (a combination which gave Terrence McKenna the fear) on another occasion, to less dark but still spectacular effect.

Regarding different mushroom species...well in my own personal experience (and the overall consensus from experienced psilonauts), is that different species do vary consistently in signature or experiential qualities. All the species I've sampled so far...P. cubensis, P. hoogshagenii, P. galindoi, P. cyanescens, P. semilanceata, P. azuresceens and Panaeolus cyanescens...have all varied in character. Of these, I have the most experience with P. cubensis, P. semilanceata and Panaeolus cyanescens...and the differences in character I found to be consistent and transcend external set and setting factors. It is great to hear that you are growing Panaeolus cyanescens...I think this may be one of my most cherished species (the 'Hawaiian' strain at least), and I found it markedly different to P. cubensis in character...for me, it feels much cleaner, clearer with a more lucid, crystalline character, and I find it to yield a much more visionary, colourful, blissful and ecstatic experience than P. cubensis. Pan cyans feel very smooth and easy on the body to me, and I don't experience the anxious come up on them I get when consuming a solid dose of P. cubensis...the latter tend to be produce a more lethargic muddy experience that is harder on the body. I am in resonance with the Mazatec who seem to gravitate towards the more potent species...I think the less fungal matter one needs to ingest, the better really, as it can weigh one's system down, and other secondary compounds dilute the psilocybin experience to some degree with P. cubensis...the experience with Pan cyan feels to me purer and more distilled in essence. So it is great to hear that you are growing this species, definitely worth the effort and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I would like to echo Don Shadow's and elfstone's sentiments and recommend highly that you look into Psilocybe Mexicana 'Chicon Nindo' and Psilocybe hoogshagenii 'Semperviva'. All the best to you on your onwards journey.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!