• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bob12345

Bob12345

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:57 AM

Hi everyone, new member and new grower looking for help with my brf jar. I purchased a jar online ready made its an open grow one. I had been growing my amazonian spores on agar first and had also made some liquid culture.

One of my agar plates had impressive growth so I decided to use this to inoculate my jar. I scraped off some of the mycelium with a scalpel and transferred it to the jar. After 5 days i saw very little change in what I'd transferred so decided to innoculate again with my liquid culture, 3 days later still nothing. But at the same time I made my own brf recipe and put this in a plastic tub and inoculated it with the same liquid culture and this has grown very well.

Just looking for suggestions on what the issue with the jar may be?

Thanks
20190115_075613.jpg 20190118_132813.jpg
  • PsyBearknot likes this

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:03 AM

howdy and welcome

if the grain jar did not grow and the brf cake grew from the same inoculation then the grain jar had a bacterial or some other contamination would be my guess.  any off smell in the grain jar?

#3 Bob12345

Bob12345

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:29 AM

Not that I noticed and I did re sterilize it when I received. Both innoculations were done at same time and under same conditions. At first the jar seemed very dry to me, I'm not sure if that could be the issue? And possibly a little to compacted.

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:52 AM

Welcome Bob!

I move into the Magic forum so hopefully, you get some replies from a larger audience.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!