Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

HELP laminar bench build .......a few Questions ?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 sandman

sandman

Darth Cultivar

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,576 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:19 AM

well if you want to use one basically you just run a vacuum hose from it to inside the plenum from my understanding. It has high port and low port I'm not 100% on which port connects to the plenum but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what with 2 options lol. Get a 1" or 2" scale one, 2" might be more useful for you.  

#42 sandman

sandman

Darth Cultivar

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,576 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:21 AM

but you can just change your prefilter regularly and change your hepa once it stops giving you a clean workspace, no problem.

#43 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 632 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

ok i'll look into Magnahellic gauges............a possible option ......hummmm! 

i figure running my room HEPA in work room awhile before work and a good pre-filter   should help a lot to extend life of Main filter ..........my theory any way .

i also  use OZONE generators to  kill  spores mites ext in all rooms threw out my house on rotating scheduled  .

so work room would get good OZONE treatment day before or ear;y in a day  work was to be done .

#44 sandman

sandman

Darth Cultivar

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,576 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:39 AM

That's not necessary. It will last you years of use do't worry. 

#45 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 632 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:33 PM

hummm  trying to find specs on  my filter not mach .  nothing on manufactures site

ok a 3rd party seller discribes my filter as MERV 14  ?  Initial Resistance     1.00"

Filter,HEPA99.97,Prtcl,24x30x5.875" KOCH H22G1X1

i bought from this vendor

https://www.ebay.com...bk1AU:rk:1:pf:0

#46 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,932 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:45 AM

Damn things aint cheap! Looks good to me though and you will have plenty of room with that.

#47 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 632 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:25 PM

Steam Punk i think i paid $190 when i ordered in Oct , the price went up a bit since then same with fan . 

it took about 3 months to get it  . kept getting back ordered .

The 24" x 30" x 5.85" Is a bit larger than i imagined ha almost wish i had got a 24" x 24" x 5.85" or even a 12" x 24" x 5.85" ...

but its a good size lots workroom setting horizontal
and tall enough set upright to do tall bags .
a bit more info

KOCH H22G1X1 99.97 the 1x1 in the name is standard capacity ,should be around 1.0" of initial resistance according to their data and 2" final , chart said something about 500 cfm

https://www.ebay.com...bk1AU:rk:1:pf:0

Just in case your one of those INSANE  Mines BIGGER THAN YOURS  People and want to tackle building a HUGE laminar Flow bench , the same vendor offers same filter in 24"x48"x5.85" also for US $367.68

Filter,HEPA99.97,Prtcl,24x48x5.875" KOCH H19G1X1

https://www.ebay.com...5.c100005.m1851

Edited by bezevo, 31 January 2019 - 01:57 PM.

#48 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 632 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:24 PM

ok i got a pad of Graph Paper and going to try and draw some designs with correct,/acurate measurements ,now that i have fand and filter .so i can make sure that whenn i am ready to buy , i;m getting the correct amounts of the correct building materials

#49 enomoomi

enomoomi

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 01:06 PM

Possible materials for cabinet build ?

A member recommended i check out this pre-finished material  for my cabinet build, they have iron on strips for cut edges for clean finish .  looks good .

Any one worked with this product ?

https://www.homedepo...61877/100070209

I  am also looking at cabinet grade 3/4 inch plywood and few types of  pre-finished laminates for kitchen cabinets

Please Share Your Suggestions For possible materials !

thanks

BEZ

I would advice against the material in home depo link . Is particle board correct english term for that?  Sure .. they can do the trick .. trouble will come when you move or take it apart and put it back together.

plywood (multiple layers of thin strips of wood glued together in diagonal orientation) is better.  with coating, marine grade or coat/ paint it yourself.

You know what stores are within driving range.. what they offer/ can order will limit your options somewhat.

I am quite sure I will put glass on top of plywood for the working area. (glass for cleanliness and plywood for structural strength and workability.

Likely glass for top of work area (visibility, cleaning)

#50 enomoomi

enomoomi

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 01:18 PM

well  yes Steam Punk i am afraid whether i use  cabinet grade pre-sanded 3/4 inch ply wood  or the above material it will be heavy monster ! heh !

Stained plywood with marine grade  clear gloss would look cool . extra work . I want finished unite to look professional .

weight = sum i ( surface area of the pieces i * thickness i * density of material i )

Where i goes through each piece within build.

I would say I have found one niche where metric system runs circles around imperial system.

#51 sandman

sandman

Darth Cultivar

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,576 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 February 2019 - 02:48 PM

Not glass, plexi-glass or polycarbonate sheet

#52 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 632 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 February 2019 - 06:52 PM

sandman i think he meant glass for the tabletop his work would rest on not a suround or work enclosure ?

my  work area surface will be Stainless steel table

there will be no hood or surround  just work in front of filter face or open face hood.

i plan on getting two folding Stainless Steel tables , for ease of moving ,

Each of the  tables will be 24" x 48"  i will place them back to back the long way (not touching ), the hood will have small rubber feet on bottom of long side and also on bottom of one of the sort sides so it can rest long way vertically  for working with grains agar ect or stood up the tall way if one was working with  tall bags .

The hood would be set on one of the two tables with the working face over hanging the second table.

(the work surface } a few inches ,

The two tables will not touch and the hood will not touch the working table so any vibrations it makes will be isolated from/not touching the work surface table . so no vibrations from hood  will be transferd to the working surface table .

I hope this makes sense ?

Edited by bezevo, 02 February 2019 - 07:44 PM.

#53 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 632 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

per  SandMans idea

i bought a Magnahellic gauges. similar  to this one add to build

I got it on Ebay make an offer for $22 including  fittings and  shipping in original box .

It looks  really Steam Punk Cool and will tell me whats going on in plenum .

It's Bigger than i imagined .....making it even cooler .

Everything's bigger than i Imagined ! heh

dwyer-make-magnehellic-pressure-gauges-5

Edited by bezevo, 19 February 2019 - 01:27 PM.

• SteampunkScientist, Cuboid and enomoomi like this

#54 sandman

sandman

Darth Cultivar

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,576 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:20 PM

20190228_192256.jpg

20190228_192120.jpg

20190228_192238.jpg

• coorsmikey likes this