83 replies to this topic

#1 Stametsistheman

Stametsistheman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

Hello Friends,

I felt obliged to post about this, after a quick search of the site it seems nobody else has.

Please go to youtube and search for '

'Psilocybin Mushrooms and the Mycology of Consciousness: Immersion into the MycoVerse'

Basically, chop up fresh mushrooms and combine with ice cubes, and let them melt at just above freezing over 4-5 days leaving a blue liquid, very interesting indeed.  I'd like to know the thoughts of others...

The master Paul Stamets talks about this at the 1hr 18 minutes mark.

recommend watching the whole thing at some point. He goes over many of the same things as he has in many other talks but there is some new things in there too, including a re-scheduling of psilocybin from schedule 1 to schedule 4! in the U.S.    

It seems a shift in attitude is actually happening though i dread to think how long its going to take us Brits to catch up.

(sorry about these huge letters, computers and i don't get on)

• onediadem and Soliver like this

#2 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,225 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

I like Pablo. 

Dude has made a mint following his dream. 

It's really weird how he won't talk about the possibility of button mushrooms causing cancer "for fear for his life."  And that's it ...

Is the mushroom cartel watching him?  I guess he knows better that the rest of us (?) ...

How do you maintain 'just above freezing' for several days?  Hmmm ... gotta watch that vid.  PS is indeed the man.

:)

soliver

• onediadem likes this

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,308 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...h-fruits-video/

[Direct Link]

• riseabovethought likes this

#4 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,146 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:52 PM

I know this will be a very unpopular opinion..

I have never promoted PS. Not fond of him. Mycotopia is much more user/interactive friendly. I would recommend any new person start here to learn than ever recommend starting with PS systems. . I say that because that is where I started reading, and a very expensive kit sold out of the back of high times.. Fucking nightmare.

#5 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,345 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:00 PM

I too had a few failures with his kits.  I took the cultivation course and learned more on topia by following the efforts of others, learning (stubbornly at times) vicariously from the success , frustrations and failures therein.

• onediadem likes this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,417 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

It was always his militant intellectual property thing that put me off.  If mushrooms are so dang good for the world, then wouldn't it be better to be as generous with them as you could be?   But that's just me.   I noc'd up 215 logs seven years ago thinking I would just give mushrooms away.   I got too many to give away and had to give up my amateur standing.   It was easier to sell them than give away.    Now my buyer has retired, but the flushes are on the wane, so life might get simpler.   I took a lot of inspiration from Stammets' books and talks, but if everything is product, for sale to his corporate clients, the question I have is: how much is enough, Paul?

• onediadem, Soliver and Buitensporig like this

#7 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,146 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

I can get on board with property rights. It's the making it almost inaccessible price tag I have an issue with.

#8 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,417 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:45 AM

My philosophy on that is, if someone needs something, give it to them, if they want something, sell it to them.

• onediadem, coorsmikey, Seeker2be and 3 others like this

#9 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,225 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:50 PM

the question I have is: how much is enough, Paul?

Paul's a nerd of the highest order - but instead of computer networking, he got into mycelial networking.

I guess he's the closest thing to Bill Gates we have 'in the community.'  Well, sort of in the community, I guess.

His patents are, I think, I giant "fuck you" to the other nerds.  An "I told you so" of sorts, and like many West Coast CEOs, he trolls out just enough detail in his talks to get you interested .... then you hit the $ wall with his products and methods and pricing.

I bet he'd be an interesting person to drink a few beers with, but like most people with vision, he's probably intolerable after three (beers).

Honestly, I have a hard time judging the man for his business acumen.  I just wish he'd grow a mushroom that made a more attractive hat . . .  I mean, Steve Jobs never wore a hat made from microchips . . . or the tears of Chinese laborers . . . but I digress.

At the very least, he's a fascinating foil to PF.  If we could reanimate the professor, I'd love to be a tse-tse fly on the wall if those two had a pow-wow.

soliver

• Alder Logs likes this

#10 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,146 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:41 PM

Pf was an insufferable asshole when he posted here. I got into numerous arguments with him. He is who caused mine and Hippie's first falling out lol. I doubt they would/could ever be in the same room together Sollie. It would be a clash of titans and who has the biggest dick competition.. There used to be a pretty big write up Pf did about his bust. If it is still there in the archives, it would give you an idea of just how condescending he was. Magnify that attitude by ten, and that is how he treated newbs, and what our arguments occurred over.

• coorsmikey and Soliver like this

#11 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,225 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:06 PM

Ta ha ha ha ...

I have plenty of first hand experience with what an ass-hat PF was.  Funny you should mention it, but me calling out PF and Mushroom John (is he still around?) for their 'tudes was also a sticking point with me & the Hipster - the essential message was that these two could get away with being dicks because they were well known in the community & their presence lended creedence and legitimacy to the site, even if they acted like ignorant turd-pencils ...

"Solly the Printman" is still on PF's webpage.  Hilarious. 

Beyond all that, I still think it'd be a fascinating conversation ... or cock measuring contest ... as Pablo is practically a deity in the mushroom world these days, and PF ... well, he was PF.  Divergent methodologies and all that.

I bet PS doesn't go down with Hep C though.  If anything, he'll be spirited away by unmarked black helicopters, never to be seen again ....

soliver

• onediadem, coorsmikey and Juthro like this

#12 Stametsistheman

Stametsistheman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:17 PM

Eh?   I'm clearly out of my league here lol, Pablo?, Pf?,  Price tags, failed kits, copy right property... I have not the faintest idea. I'll have an opinion worthy of somebody's attention once i get a flush from my own cakes lol, 1 heat mat, two fruiting chambers, three different lights, 4 strains, 5 daily fanning/mistings later i haven't fruited much at all.... Is it a silly question to ask why the same method will work for some and not others?  One cake started to pin but then just stopped, it looked dry so i'm thinking i may put a kebab stick in the centre of a cake when i fill the jars, then removing it before dunking so the cake hydrates from the inside out swell as the outside in...   Ideally i'd like everybody here to explain why that is a silly idea... so much conflicting info,   I'm getting lovely white mycelium.

I have found out i'm injecting too much culture into each cake, i mistook 1.5ml per cake for 15ml and assumed a full 12ml syringe would do lol, a couple of jars have a yellow spot that is small and doesn't grow.... excess liquid perhaps?   (feel free to make fun, i do love jokes).... 

Oh and if Admin is reading, the donation page has been out of action since i joined, just saying...

Edited by Stametsistheman, 27 January 2019 - 05:19 PM.

#13 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,454 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:28 PM

I can help here.   The old folks are looking way back in history, lol

Pablo and PS  = Paul Stamets

Price tags and copyrighted property are about PS's very aggressive, and $ oriented business model

PF  = Professor  Fanaticus (the official founder of the PF tek)

As for wanting to make a donation, contact CoorsMikey directly with a PM, and he will set you up.

• coorsmikey likes this

#14 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,345 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

I , for one, would like to hear stories about PF, PS, and Hippie3 before they are lost.  We can learn from these historical anecdotes.  We need to know how this whole things started, is snowballing, and the twists and turns.  We need a separate blog , as the Hawaiians say : Talk Story. 

• onediadem, coorsmikey and Nonsanto like this

#15 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,345 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:46 PM

Stametsistheman: One has to unfortunately crawl before they can walk or run.  As PS has said: "Failure is the price of tuition that one must pay for knowledge gained."  We all began the way you did.  I have noticed since I moved from LV to PNW that my previous successes are far different than what I have now. Plenty of variables to consider and dial in.  Follow the PF tek exactly with no variants yet and you will succeed.  Pay attention to fruiting temperatures.  Don't cut corners....

• onediadem likes this

#16 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,417 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:52 PM

One has to unfortunately crawl before they can walk or run.

My late friend's dad used to say, "Education is expensive, no matter where you get it."

Edited by Alder Logs, 27 January 2019 - 05:52 PM.

• onediadem, coorsmikey, Seeker2be and 1 other like this

#17 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:52 PM

Turning back to the thread title...

Have 110g of gorgeous fresh Z cubes chopped up & sitting with a tray of ice melting slowly in the fridge.
  • onediadem, coorsmikey and Juthro like this

#18 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,146 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:32 PM

I , for one, would like to hear stories about PF, PS, and Hippie3 before they are lost.  We can learn from these historical anecdotes.  We need to know how this whole things started, is snowballing, and the twists and turns.  We need a separate blog , as the Hawaiians say : Talk Story. 

Perhaps a new thread?

#19 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,308 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:44 AM

http://www.fanaticus.com/

https://duckduckgo.c...anonical&ia=web

Edited by coorsmikey, 28 January 2019 - 12:52 AM.

• OldBear and Stametsistheman like this

#20 Stametsistheman

Stametsistheman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for all the responses people, I'm loving this/yours/our site. I will keep trying. :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!