Just quickly if there was one or two people left that I have not bored to death yet;
Cubensis average potency of dry material = 0.8%
5 grams dry is the equivalent(roughly) to 50 grams fresh.
Therefore rough average potency of fresh cubensis = 0.08%
So, 1 liter of juiced cubensis would contain roughly 80 milligrams actives, then maximum 25% biomass that was removed in the juicer.
So on average over 100mg per liter of juice, not ideal and becoming unwieldy, if the amount of water that comes along with the actives is still workable.....
There would definitely be a version that produces a much better product, which would be to do a reverse A/B, more like a B/A if you will;
- Pick then juice straight away
- Base with sodium bicarbonate
- Extract with non-polar and separate
- Add small amount of dilute acetic acid to the non-polar and stir
- If the amount of water in the acetic acid added was small enough, the fact that psilocin unlike psilocybin is not very soluble in polar solvents could be taken advantage of.
- Put into the fridge overnight
- Filter out crystals, wash with ice cold water and dry.
Notes;May find very gentle warming and a rest may be needed to finish off the dephosphorylation?
May also find ascorbic acid or other antioxidant may preserve some psilocin if added straight away to the juice while letting the psilocybin still be converted?
Base with an excess of sodium bicarbonate (it has to hit at least pH 8)
Preferably drying on a vac filter, or is a great chance to freeze-dry over silica gel and leave it there until ready for use. A coffee filter would suffice,
The psilocin acetate should for the most part recrystalize out of solution overnight in the fridge leaving behind most impurities that may have been present before this step. You would most probably see some precipitate falling out upon adding the acid, but the bulk should recrystalize out in the fridge.
The psilocin acetate that you would then filter out and dry would be in crystal form, unlike the residue you would get from evaporating the non-polar off without recrystalizing.