• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:19 AM

Just quickly if there was one or two people left that I have not bored to death yet;

Cubensis average potency of dry material = 0.8%
5 grams dry is the equivalent(roughly) to 50 grams fresh.
Therefore rough average potency of fresh cubensis = 0.08%

So, 1 liter of juiced cubensis would contain roughly 80 milligrams actives, then maximum 25% biomass that was removed in the juicer.

So on average over 100mg per liter of juice, not ideal and becoming unwieldy, if the amount of water that comes along with the actives is still workable.....

There would definitely be a version that produces a much better product, which would be to do a reverse A/B, more like a B/A if you will;

• Pick then juice straight away                                                                                                                                              
  • Base with sodium bicarbonate                                                                                                                
  • Extract with non-polar and separate                                                                                                                      
  • Add small amount of dilute acetic acid to the non-polar and stir
  • If the amount of water in the acetic acid added was small enough, the fact that psilocin unlike psilocybin is not very soluble in polar solvents could be taken advantage of.
  • Put into the fridge overnight
  • Filter out crystals, wash with ice cold water and dry.

Notes;May find very gentle warming and a rest may be needed to finish off the dephosphorylation?  

May also find ascorbic acid or other antioxidant may preserve some psilocin if added straight away to the juice while letting the psilocybin still be converted?
           Base with an excess of sodium bicarbonate (it has to hit at least pH 8)

Preferably drying on a vac filter, or is a great chance to freeze-dry over silica gel and leave it there until ready for use. A coffee filter would suffice,                                                

The psilocin acetate should for the most part recrystalize out of solution overnight in the fridge leaving behind most impurities that may have been present before this step. You would most probably see some precipitate falling out upon adding the acid, but the bulk should recrystalize out in the fridge.

The psilocin acetate that you would then filter out and dry would be in crystal form, unlike the residue you would get from evaporating the non-polar off without recrystalizing.

• WalkingCatfish likes this

#82 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:31 PM

EDIT; I was just reading over that post, and realized something did not look right. It would be an average of 800 milligrams(12.35 grains) per liter for cubensis juice, oops :blush:.

#83 cg3p0

cg3p0

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:06 PM

Certianly not bored, just trying to wrap my head around it all.  

then maximum 25% biomass that was removed in the juicer.

Are you talking about mushrooms being 90% water, a perfect press to bone dry would leave 10% biomass, but the real capabilities of the juicer would fall somewhere between 10% and 25% being left behind (hopefully).  

So on average over 100mg per liter of juice, not ideal and becoming unwieldy, if the amount of water that comes along with the actives is still workable.....

So that was 800mg but im still not following what your getting at there.  Too much water and too little actives for the process to work right?  You should be able to get like 3 times the actives for the same volume of water with paneaolus species if that is any better.

I was also thinking about it being a little difficult to dose with such a concentrated form of psilocin.  Im figuring to get the equivalent of a 1g dose you would need ~ 0.008g of this extract, microdosing would be like 0.0008g.  Would need a decent scale.

I think SWIM might test to see just how effective the ascorbic acid is at preserving the psilocin.

Im thinking this:

2g dried cubensis ground together in morter

Place one gram in a jar of 100ml water 

Place the other gram in a jar of 100ml water plus ascorbic acid (of unknown quantity)

Bring both jars up to (140F?) and hold that temperature for (24 hours?)

That should pretty much kill the first jar totally unactive i would guess.  So then each jar would be consumed at different times, expecting to feel nothing from the first jar and hopefully feel something close to a 1g dose from the second jar.

Edited by cg3p0, 11 February 2019 - 10:08 PM.

#84 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:10 PM

So that was 800mg but im still not following what your getting at there.  Too much water and too little actives for the process to work right?  You should be able to get like 3 times the actives for the same volume of water with paneaolus species if that is any better.

Too much water would make the non-polar pull with a small amount of solvent somewhat unwieldy, especially if emulsions do become an issue(I can just imagine a blue solution with a foam head like a beer where the solvent used to be, after a shake). But 800mg or more simply put, just under 1 gram per liter should be doable.

Threshold 5 - 10 mg         Light 10 - 15 mg       Common 15 - 25 mg      Strong 25 - 40 mg      Heavy 40 mg +

https://psychonautwi...g/wiki/Psilocin

So yes you would want a good scale to dose the pure product, or you could become your own compound chemist. Say you had 800 milligrams extracted from one liter of juice, that is twenty 40mg doses. You could weigh out for example exactly 18 grams of glucose and 2 grams of ascorbic acid and mix thoroughly(really thoroughly). Now 1 gram of your mixture has the effect of one full 40 mg dose(a touch under) and half a gram equals 20mg. You can obviously play with that idea infinitely to get whatever ratio works best for you, and the same theory for microdosing. A 1 gram dose would be judging by above around 10-15mg.

That should pretty much kill the first jar totally unactive i would guess.  So then each jar would be consumed at different times, expecting to feel nothing from the first jar and hopefully feel something close to a 1g dose from the second jar.

Yes that would be very interesting to see, I would not be totally surprised if the first jar still had a little zing.

Edited by PistolPete13, 11 February 2019 - 11:11 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!