Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Mimosa hostilis Powdered Root Bark or shredded?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 520 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:28 PM

Is there any down side to buying powdered root bark over shredded, I can't really see a reason but thought I ask since the supplier has both.

First attempt but I've read lots of teks and been given lots of advice over the years.

#2 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,369 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:27 PM

Is there any down side to buying powdered root bark over shredded, I can't really see a reason but thought I ask since the supplier has both.

First attempt but I've read lots of teks and been given lots of advice over the years.

I'd look at the cost difference, if I had the gear to powder, and what my time was worth. On another note I don't know how much of an advantage powdered is over shredded in an extraction. I'd probably lean towards the shredded.

#3 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:00 PM

If doing a STB tek I'd use powdered for ease of extraction. If doing an A/B or STB tek then shredded would be fine. STB is so freaking easy though, I don't know why you would ever want to spend so much time cooking bark.

If your bark is good and you do either tek to a tee you should be able to retrieve all goodies but as roc mentioned, sometimes shredded is cheaper so its a personal preference really.
  • roc likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!