Those look potent!

#22 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:34 PM

Beautiful. Do us a favor and take a pic of those stumps after a few days? It would really help with the whole cutting vs twist n pull deal.
  • Cuboid and spakk like this

#23 spakk

spakk

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:29 PM

2nd flush straggling in:

Mar 8

#24 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:47 PM

Nice, although it does look like the places where the stumps were didnt pin.

On the bright side it doesnt look like they're blue mush either. Interesting.

Keep em coming :)

#25 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:19 AM

Looks great spakk, you got a few of those ass shaped caps in there.

• spakk likes this

#26 spakk

spakk

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:04 PM

After floating and grabbing the 2nd flush, I've determined that using a scalpel is a bit tedious. Pulling by hand looks like a winner. Also an impressive amount of side and even bottom pinning (didn't use the plastic liner technique). I think I started with the coir on the dry side and it shrunk as a consequence.

• Billcoz likes this

#27 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:02 PM

After floating and grabbing the 2nd flush, I've determined that using a scalpel is a bit tedious. Pulling by hand looks like a winner. Also an impressive amount of side and even bottom pinning (didn't use the plastic liner technique). I think I started with the coir on the dry side and it shrunk as a consequence.

Either way you cut it, harvesting a dense flush is a bit tedious no matter how you do it ;)
  • coorsmikey and Billcoz like this

#28 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:05 AM

So score one for the "twist & pull" team?

Edited by Billcoz, 16 March 2019 - 06:06 AM.

• spakk likes this

#29 spakk

spakk

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:15 PM

First two flushes (dried) about 110g. That should hold me for a few years.

• RutgerHauer likes this

#30 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:25 PM

Haha, if your anything like me, you might be surprized how quick your stash can dwindle. I give a lot away, after the holidays I was down to like 10-15 grams and had none fruiting at the time, so I panicked and started a bunch of jars, vowed to never run that low again haha.

• spakk likes this

#31 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 465 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:34 AM

Great yield! Start some more . . .

Share!! Give it away! Spread the news about the safety and utility of the psychedelics. Teach people how to grow. Give folks a small in-vitro bag already noc'd up and growing myc well. All they have to do is watch it and harvest. That gets them really interested in the process with a healthy respect for the fungal kingdom.

Here is a great summary of a few parts of Pollan's book "Change your mind". It's required reading for anyone I share with.

https://www.npr.org/...of-psychedelics

• Cuboid, Billcoz and aqudoc like this

#32 valleyofmushies

valleyofmushies

Found

• OG VIP
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:29 PM

Nice pics. Nice agar work.
I love agar
  • spakk likes this

#33 spakk

spakk

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:05 PM

Share!! Give it away! Spread the news about the safety and utility of the psychedelics. Teach people how to grow. Give folks a small in-vitro bag already noc'd up and growing myc well. All they have to do is watch it and harvest. That gets them really interested in the process with a healthy respect for the fungal kingdom.

Here is a great summary of a few parts of Pollan's book "Change your mind". It's required reading for anyone I share with.

Nice link, thanks.

#34 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:49 PM

That book brought me back to mush

• Cuboid and Billcoz like this

#35 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 465 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:37 PM

Yeah, great book. I then read his prior book, Omnivore's Dilemma. Also highly recommend. Everyone should read. Explains why we has such horrible food, how we got here. As you read you can just see your tax dollars being shelled out for political gain that incrementally has destroyed the production of healthy food products. Pollan - great author and very level headed. It's not like 'don't eat meat' or 'don't do this or that'. It's about "how the heck did we get into this mess?".

So glad I discovered Change Your Mind. It was so good that I read Omnivore, having heard of it long ago.

Edited by raymycoto, 21 March 2019 - 05:38 PM.

• aqudoc likes this

#36 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:05 PM

Yeah, great book. I then read his prior book, Omnivore's Dilemma. Also highly recommend. Everyone should read. Explains why we has such horrible food, how we got here. As you read you can just see your tax dollars being shelled out for political gain that incrementally has destroyed the production of healthy food products. Pollan - great author and very level headed. It's not like 'don't eat meat' or 'don't do this or that'. It's about "how the heck did we get into this mess?".

So glad I discovered Change Your Mind. It was so good that I read Omnivore, having heard of it long ago.

I agree w/ all of this. 

Sorry to step on your thread spakk.

I dig your agar work friend.  I sampled some stipe from my KSSS grow to agar and it's coming along nicely. 

I hope it performs as well as yours.

• Billcoz likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!