29 replies to this topic

#1 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:13 PM

I am using my usual hpoo bag, but I only spawned a single half pint of a PF tek cake to the bag. It's all the APE spawn I had at the time, and I didnt have my cake chamber set up. (I've got a few lbs of spawn almost ready to go now though)

It's hard to get pictures that show anything through the bag, but this strain is insanely cool looking so far. Most are true albinos, some are pure green, some are pure blue.

Here's a preview of what's to come...

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190126_121428.jpg

• coorsmikey, pastyoureyes, Billcoz and 4 others like this

#2 WalkingCatfish

WalkingCatfish

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:12 PM

Wow!

I love the way APEs look, in their little green helmets.

I've GOT to grow them, someday!

#3 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 466 posts

Donator

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:05 AM

Oh boy, i'm keeping an eye on this thread.

#4 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:44 PM

These seem just a little quicker than regular PEU. The pins develop quickly. They are white, blue, or green, or any combination of the 2.

Sorry again, I dont want to open the bag to get better pics. The moisture looks perfect I dont want to have to break my no misting rule. Lol.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190127_204654.jpg
  • 20190127_204705.jpg
  • 20190127_204740.jpg

#5 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 466 posts

Donator

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:40 AM

Is this APE ver. 1.0 from sw?

#6 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:04 PM

Is this APE ver. 1.0 from sw?

Yes sir.
  • AbnormalMortaL likes this

#7 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:24 AM

I been so busy I put this on a shelf and forgot about it. I let it go several days too long.

They're so damn blue, but alot of them were true albinos, too.

Some of them completely open up, too. If they're albino they drop clear spores, right?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190202_235639.jpg

• Skywatcher and peacefrog like this

#8 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 819 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:48 AM

Maybe print on glass or black construction paper? Oh shit, you could print in a Petri dish.

That assumes white spores though not clear.

Full disclosure, I have no knowledge of printing clear or white spores.

Edited by PinkMenace, 04 February 2019 - 12:51 AM.

• peacefrog likes this

#9 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:29 AM

Maybe print on glass or black construction paper? Oh shit, you could print in a Petri dish.

That assumes white spores though not clear.

Full disclosure, I have no knowledge of printing clear or white spores.

Yeah, it got me thinking...How the hell do companies get any amount of spores from these?

Then I checked the syringe...the spores look normal! I thought they're supposed to be clear, or at least not dark purple. I'm a bit confused now lol.

I wanted to get some swabs if possible, but now I don't know what to look for.

#10 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:23 PM

Psilocybe cubensis : Albino Penis Envy (APE ver. 1.0) Spore Syringe Microscopy Kit
psilocybe%20cubensis%20albino%20penis%20

Habitat: Bovine, Equine Dung and Enriched Soils
Climate: Subtropical

Strain Origin: Hybrid of Penis Envy and PF Albino

Cap: 20+ mm in diameter, campanulate, white often with bluish tones bruising bluish green. The caps do not develop normally and suffer diminished spore production.

Stem: 60-100 mm in length, contorted often bulbous near the middle, pure white. Flesh bruising bluish where injured. No persistent annulus but an annular zone can often be distinguished on the stems surface.

Gills: Attachment adnate to adnexed, very close, underdeveloped. White aging to blue-grey in extreme age.

Spores: Few, transparent, subellipsoid on 4-spored basidia, white in deposit.

Comments: A varietal hybrid of the PF Albino and Penis Envy strains of Psilocybe cubensis. Version 1.0 lacks the vigor and size of the original Penis Envy and is offered here only for its novelty. Supplies limited due to poor spore production. See also Penis Envy original, Penis Envy Uncut and PF Albino.

http://sporeworks.co...oscopy-Kit.html

Edited by PistolPete13, 04 February 2019 - 08:24 PM.

#11 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:36 AM

Yeah, that's what I thought, but the syringe has purple spores in it.

I suppose some type of dark paper would be good for seeing the spore if they're white when collected

#12 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:10 AM

The purple spores are possibly from the ones that are not full albinos, and just mixed in with the others??? If they are mostly purple maybe thats his secret, and the shrooms that are not full albinos maybe have better viability?(just a thought?)

Is PinkMenace, the same as P.Menace who found the Menace strain of Cubensis?

Edited by PistolPete13, 05 February 2019 - 01:13 AM.

#13 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:03 AM

The purple spores are possibly from the ones that are not full albinos, and just mixed in with the others??? If they are mostly purple maybe thats his secret, and the shrooms that are not full albinos maybe have better viability?(just a thought?)

Is PinkMenace, the same as P.Menace who found the Menace strain of Cubensis?

Your guess is as good as mine...

As for Pink, just ask her. I know she's been around forever, but I never made the connection.

#14 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

Ahem, Miss Menace are you indeed the founder of the Menace strain of Cubensis?

P.S.; I do not mean to fanboy too much, but I would be impressed..... :smile:

• coorsmikey likes this

#15 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,926 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:13 PM

I would really love to see a translucent, clear or a white spore print from any cube. I have always heard that "True Albinos won't have dark prints" but yet like mentioned above, even APE syringes and swabs that I've seen had dark spores. The APE that I had for 6 years didn't produce spores at all or were invisible to the unaided eye. I got as a culture and shared it as a culture. I tried swabbing and got nothing (visible) I tried printing on black and couldn't see anything. Other Albinos I work with are mostly sterile except for an occasional individual that will produce dark spores. Even Sporeworks quoted above says "White in deposit" and yet syringes arrive with dark spores or are actually suspended live cultures labeled as spores( vendors may vary ). D24 or you are really good at finding past threads. Have you seen a cubensis white print? Really anyone, if ya'll can share a link to something credible, that would awesome to see and replicate.

• Deleena24, peacefrog and Billcoz like this

#16 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:40 PM

I would really love to see a translucent, clear or a white spore print from any cube. I have always heard that "True Albinos won't have dark prints" but yet like mentioned above, even APE syringes and swabs that I've seen had dark spores. The APE that I had for 6 years didn't produce spores at all or were invisible to the unaided eye. I got as a culture and shared it as a culture. I tried swabbing and got nothing (visible) I tried printing on black and couldn't see anything. Other Albinos I work with are mostly sterile except for an occasional individual that will produce dark spores. Even Sporeworks quoted above says "White in deposit" and yet syringes arrive with dark spores or are actually suspended live cultures labeled as spores( vendors may vary ). D24 or you are really good at finding past threads. Have you seen a cubensis white print? Really anyone, if ya'll can share a link to something credible, that would awesome to see and replicate.

After searching for about 30 minutes I cant find a single example of a white cube print, even though several very large spore sites list several species as having leucistic spores.

Whenever I search for a grow of these species, they either dont drop spores at all, or they are the usual dark purple.

So damn confusing

I PROMISE next flush I will try and print every cap I can, and swab the ones I cant. I gotta get to the bottom of this.

If the prints dont show anything, maybe I can share them with a member who has a microscope, maybe they're hard to see.
  • coorsmikey likes this

#17 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:01 PM

I can streak them onto plates if you make up a couple extra.

The albino parent according to Sporeworks above is Pf Albino;

https://mycotopia.ne...-albinos/page-5

Some pics about halfway down.

post-4657-138184939741.jpg

not my pics.....posted by the man himself. Workman.

Leucistic makes more sense!

Edited by PistolPete13, 05 February 2019 - 08:03 PM.

• roc and coorsmikey like this

#18 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,926 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:21 PM

If you have a scope and can post pics of the results, I would happily some glass slides with both streaked and printed, Of what I consider true albinos.

• peacefrog likes this

#19 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:34 AM

No scope unfortunately, but surely there is an easy way to try and germinate any spores that may be on the swab?

Edited by PistolPete13, 06 February 2019 - 12:35 AM.

#20 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:44 AM

If you have a scope and can post pics of the results, I would happily some glass slides with both streaked and printed, Of what I consider true albinos.

Nice work. If nobody bothered to click the link it does have some visible white on his spore print, halfway into the thread.

Do you think maybe they stain the spores for commercial purposes? So people know they're getting spores, I mean.

It would be disconcerting to get a syringe with nothing visible. That's the only thing I can think of that makes sense as to why all the syringes I have seen have purple spores. Any other ideas?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!