• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:18 PM

I take Mirtazapine (generic for Remeron) at bedtime to sleep better (I still don't sleep well, but it helps). Mirtazapine is an antagonist of 5-HT2A receptors, while psilocybin (indeed, all hallucinogens) is a 5-HT2A receptor agonist. There is, in fact, direct evidence that the two effects are in opposition. Which may explain why, when I downed 5 g of cubes as a tea a few weeks ago, I became pleasantly high, and the clouds were extra beautiful, but I was not tripping. That was my second 'shroom-based adventure. The first time, I ate 5 g and did trip: eidetic imagery was extra colorful. Although keeping my balance was a challenge, I thought, even then, that I could have eaten more.

Now I have plenty of dried cubes. I think I will try 8 g as tea.

Edited by Myc, 30 January 2019 - 02:43 PM.

#2 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:41 PM

Can you take a few days off the Mirt before taking the shroom tea?

#3 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

I appreciate your suggestion, Cuboid. I have considered doing that, at the expense of sleeping quite poorly for a few nights. First, I will experiment with a higher dose of shrooms. I will update this post when I do so.

I see the font is weird on the original post. I wish I could fix that. Due to my "probationary" status, I did not see this post for more than a day.

#4 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:30 PM

Perhaps an alternate sleep aide? Herbal maybe. Or the over the counter ones in pharmacy (1st gen antihistamine) ?
Stay safe.
Cuboid.
  • clumsy likes this

#5 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:32 PM

I am happy (ecstatic, actually) to report here that sufficient 'shroom intake will overcome the adverse effects of Mirtazapine. 10 grams of dried cubes as tea early afternoon: for a couple of hours I was really high (nice!). Then: forget high, I'm tripping!

I know 10 grams is a massive, even dangerous, dose for most people who are not on Mirtazapine.

I ordered some Syrian Rue seed. I will try that as a tea alone, first, then, maybe with a lower dose of 'shrooms.

#6 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

Don't do Syrian Rue or any other MAO inhibitor whilst Sertraline is in your system.

#7 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:56 PM

I take Mirtazapine, not Sertraline. But still, I take the threat of serotonin syndrome seriously, which is why I will experiment with low doses of the Syrian Rue tea alone, first. Thanks, though, for your concern, @Cuboid.

• Cuboid likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!