• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:18 PM

I take Mirtazapine (generic for Remeron) at bedtime to sleep better (I still don't sleep well, but it helps). Mirtazapine is an antagonist of 5-HT2A receptors, while psilocybin (indeed, all hallucinogens) is a 5-HT2A receptor agonist. There is, in fact, direct evidence that the two effects are in opposition. Which may explain why, when I downed 5 g of cubes as a tea a few weeks ago, I became pleasantly high, and the clouds were extra beautiful, but I was not tripping. That was my second 'shroom-based adventure. The first time, I ate 5 g and did trip: eidetic imagery was extra colorful. Although keeping my balance was a challenge, I thought, even then, that I could have eaten more.

Now I have plenty of dried cubes. I think I will try 8 g as tea.

Edited by Myc, 30 January 2019 - 02:43 PM.

#2 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 633 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:41 PM

Can you take a few days off the Mirt before taking the shroom tea?

#3 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

I appreciate your suggestion, Cuboid. I have considered doing that, at the expense of sleeping quite poorly for a few nights. First, I will experiment with a higher dose of shrooms. I will update this post when I do so.

I see the font is weird on the original post. I wish I could fix that. Due to my "probationary" status, I did not see this post for more than a day.

#4 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 633 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:30 PM

Perhaps an alternate sleep aide? Herbal maybe. Or the over the counter ones in pharmacy (1st gen antihistamine) ?
Stay safe.
Cuboid.
  • clumsy likes this

#5 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:32 PM

I am happy (ecstatic, actually) to report here that sufficient 'shroom intake will overcome the adverse effects of Mirtazapine. 10 grams of dried cubes as tea early afternoon: for a couple of hours I was really high (nice!). Then: forget high, I'm tripping!

I know 10 grams is a massive, even dangerous, dose for most people who are not on Mirtazapine.

I ordered some Syrian Rue seed. I will try that as a tea alone, first, then, maybe with a lower dose of 'shrooms.

#6 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 633 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

Don't do Syrian Rue or any other MAO inhibitor whilst Sertraline is in your system.

#7 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:56 PM

I take Mirtazapine, not Sertraline. But still, I take the threat of serotonin syndrome seriously, which is why I will experiment with low doses of the Syrian Rue tea alone, first. Thanks, though, for your concern, @Cuboid.

• Cuboid likes this

#8 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:35 PM

I quit taking mirtazapine because I found that it is an anti-cholinergic drug. Gotta keep brain cells intact for quality tripping. Now I am looking forward to seriously tripping on "only" 5 grams.

#9 NoaidiKnows

NoaidiKnows

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:51 AM

Hi Clumsy, Seems like you made a solid choice there. If poor sleep affects you, then even a small amount of cannabis can soothe insomniacs into slumber. some varieties are more appropriate for this than others, but if you are going to pop something daily for a good nights sleep, consider marihuana. humans and cannabis have grown up together through history. I feel like we are allies.
It may not be for you, but I thought i'd suggest it if it could possibly be of help.... :meditate:

#10 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:55 PM

I also grow cannabis, NoaidiKnows, so I have free access to that wonderful herb. For years, I would vaporize a bowl (in a vaporizer that I designed) a couple of hours before bed. It reliably got me to sleep, but was no help when I would wake in the middle of the night. Then I discovered the awesome benefits of a circadian friendly lifestyle. This lifestyle is defined by restricting food intake to early in the day, vigorously exercising only in morning or afternoon, and staring at the sky (taking in blue light) morning and midday, but restricting blue light in the evening. This program helps me get back to sleep when I wake in the middle of the night.

A strong circadian oscillation is pleiotropic, so I also enjoy enhanced immunity, more energy, and freedom from the mild depression that I used to experience.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!