Paradox
©
Fisana

Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Dosing


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Turtlegirl

Turtlegirl

    Mycophage

  • Free Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:14 PM

I read where 10 grams of fresh is approximately equal to 1 gram dried. Should I use this formula when deciding how much to consume?

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

    Hippiecritical

  • App Administrator
  • 5,855 posts

Donator


Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:51 PM

That's the general rule of thumb. Fresh mushies can be lil stronger though because some of the psilocin degrades during the drying process. Sometimes freshies will hit you harder than you think they will. That's normally a good thing but some people are more fragile than others and don't handle what most of considering a good trip as well as the rest. If someone is prone to freaking out or feeling like they are dying, It may be better for them to stick with a small dried weighed dose. Then there are others that are like "bring on the magic! The more the merrier. I only bring this up as most folks that are considering 1gr as a dose fit into the category of more might be a lil traumatic. I once handed a buddy a mushroom that got knocked of a substrate that was no bigger than the top two knuckles on your pinky finger. He ate it and had to cancel his dinner plans because the walls and faces around him started melting.   


  • Turtlegirl likes this

#3 Turtlegirl

Turtlegirl

    Mycophage

  • Free Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:11 PM

I’m hoping in a few weeks I will be trying my own first batch. I wanted to try some fresh before drying the rest. I just didn’t want to overdo it. I’m not worried about anything “bad” happening. I’m all about positive attitude and positive atmosphere. Thanks for all the help.
  • coorsmikey likes this

#4 Soliver

Soliver

    Deviant

  • OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:16 PM

Fresh shrooms are definitely a different trip.

 

When I eat a good fistful of raw shrooms, I tend to bottom out mentally and emotionally - really hard - for a short period of time, then I'm up and off to the races.

 

I prefer to start with a gram of dried, or extract, or whatever method you use to ingest dried mushrooms, then I like to re-up with fresh mushrooms 2-3 hours later if I have any popping at the time. 

 

Psilocin degradation is the common wisdom ... I'm not sure what it is, but fresh mushrooms are ... different.  Fun, but different.  When I have a new grow, I find them impossible to not snarf during the first flush harvest.  I sorta like the taste even.  They're really good with ranch dressing.

 

:)

 

soliver


Edited by Soliver, 02 February 2019 - 11:17 PM.

  • coorsmikey, Baphom3t, SteampunkScientist and 1 other like this

#5 Turtlegirl

Turtlegirl

    Mycophage

  • Free Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:48 AM

Fresh shrooms are definitely a different trip.

 

When I eat a good fistful of raw shrooms, I tend to bottom out mentally and emotionally - really hard - for a short period of time, then I'm up and off to the races.

 

I prefer to start with a gram of dried, or extract, or whatever method you use to ingest dried mushrooms, then I like to re-up with fresh mushrooms 2-3 hours later if I have any popping at the time. 

 

Psilocin degradation is the common wisdom ... I'm not sure what it is, but fresh mushrooms are ... different.  Fun, but different.  When I have a new grow, I find them impossible to not snarf during the first flush harvest.  I sorta like the taste even.  They're really good with ranch dressing.

 

:)

 

soliver

I will keep this in mind.  The ranch dressing sounds good too. 


  • Soliver likes this

#6 MedicineMan9

MedicineMan9

    Mycophiliac

  • Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:59 PM

 If someone is prone to freaking out or feeling like they are dying, It may be better for them to stick with a small dried weighed dose. Then there are others that are like "bring on the magic! The more the merrier. 

Do you think that some people are prone to this?  :ohmy:  I once felt like I was about to die after taking dried shrooms, but I knew it was just the trip so I didn't freak out and I was ok with it. I've taken them before and since and not had the same feeling. I don't really want that little gremlin hanging about at the back of my mind that I might be prone to that happening lol. 



#7 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

    Hippiecritical

  • App Administrator
  • 5,855 posts

Donator


Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:13 PM

I think people that are unstable without taking any psychedelics, manic, skitsofrenic, psychotic and other similar disorders should not indulge without some sort of professional guidance.
I hear that on the come up that it’s somewhat common for first timers to have that feeling of dying.

Edited by coorsmikey, 10 February 2019 - 07:43 PM.

  • MedicineMan9 likes this

#8 deemesis

deemesis

    Mycophiliac

  • Free Member
  • 90 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:41 PM

Wet mush always hits me much sooner. Is that just me?


  • coorsmikey and aqudoc like this




Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!