• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:51 PM

I'm not too concerned about this tub just had a quick question regarding pin time frames.

Starting from "Visible Full Colonization" point what is the shortest and longest time frame you folks typically see pins on bulk.

This one was transplanted from colonized wheat berries to bulk on 1/19. It hit visible full colonization on 1/30.

I initiated fruiting protocols on 1/30.

When would be a realistic time frame this thing would pop off. I usually don't care but ai got a friend who wants to try these B+ and I'm trying to set a FRESH shroom trip date.

Maybe next weekend? Or should I set the trip date for the following weekend.

Here's some pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190203_134022.jpg
  • IMG_20190203_133950.jpg

#2 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,322 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:11 PM

Today, a few days, a week, couple of weeks, never. Too many variables to consider before answering that question for sure.

The pics look ok. Just keep giving that tub plenty of FAE and make sure the microclimate at the surface looks good, and you should have pins soon. Then depending on genetics, temps, moisture retention in the sub and general parameters, they should be matured in 7 or so days after pinning.

Edited by peacefrog, 03 February 2019 - 02:23 PM.

#3 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:13 PM

Pretty random for me. Had some that colonized and pinned in a week. Some that took 2 weeks. I've had two tubs that should have been the same, yet one had mature fruits by the time second one pinned.

#4 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:30 PM

Cool good info. When is like too long? Like throw away long. 2-3 weeks a month?

#5 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:46 PM

Cool good info. When is like too long? Like throw away long. 2-3 weeks a month?

I'm sure you'll get pins within 2 or 3 weeks. You probably have a contam on the inside of the sub if it takes any longer and nothing wrong is visible on the surface.

I usually get pins within a several days to a week, but some strains do take longer.

You can have brand new trays ready from MS within 3 weeks, so yeah I'd consider that the most time worth waiting. After that I'd consider it a waste of space.

This is only for cubensis, BTW. Some species take a long ass time.

Edit- if your tray or whatever can fit in the fridge, you can suspend the flush for quite a while and have freshies for whenever you want. They wont rot if attached to the sub and in the fridge. I have bags in my fridge from late Sept with freshies on them and they show no signs of degrading, yet. I even harvested a bag after over 2 months in the fridge, dunked it, and its pinning again right now. 5th flush. I'm getting lucky, but it shows it works.

Edited by Deleena24, 03 February 2019 - 07:56 PM.

#6 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:52 PM

Yea, it's only been 3-4 days from full colonization so it probably just finished consolidating. I'm not worried about it just trying to pick a fresh shroom trip date.

#7 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:13 AM

I've had one tub pin within 24 hrs after opening it, also one that took over 20 days, average being like 7-14 days .

#8 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:19 PM

Yea most of my tubs usually take 5-7 days to see knots after full colonization. Once I see knots is when I know shit is about to pop off. For some reason I thought this tub was older then what it was. I'm at the beginning of day 5 of fruiting conditions. Usually 10 days is the sweet spot for me to see pins. If I get to 12 without hyphal knots then my brain will start racing lol.

I got to get a humidity meter. I got all these cool toys but I don't have a $10 piece of equipment lol. I'm gonna get one right now.

That's a 90 quart tub the Mycelium probably took a couple days to tie up some loose ends.
  • Billcoz likes this

#9 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:26 PM

Yeah, 90 qts is big lol.

#10 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:36 PM

Yea a lot of that quartage is in the vertical direction. They are nice size though.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!