• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:41 AM

I started making notes of every thing I notice or come across during the process. Makes it so that I can easily look back and see what to repeat and what to never do again - it helps me to write things down to be more exact in my plans and actions.

I use a fountain pen and my handwriting is improving in the meantime as well!

RH

Edited by RutgerHauer, 07 February 2019 - 10:42 AM.

#2 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,221 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:50 AM

The log is simply a chronicle of your steps and results... They can be done in bullet points, paragraph form... It varies... I am sure you can find some good examples by browsing the archives and can learn a thing or two while you do it...

Photos are key!! Logging your steps photographically is what makes or breaks a grow log...

#3 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:01 AM

I have looked at many grow logs online and have learnt a lot. I was mainly wondering about whether people use certain standard forms to keep track of things.

For example - you say photo's are key - but I am sure a lot of observational info can be put to text in stead of photo's. In stead of taking pictures of the progress of my jars I take note on how many inoculation points I see forming, so I can get a rough guess how it's doing.

I guess for it to make sense when posting a log here on the forums photo's are needed, I understand that you cannot say anything substantial without them if help is needed.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 07 February 2019 - 11:03 AM.

#4 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,221 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:52 AM

It helps to have a visual representation of what you are describing... The best and most read logs have photos

#5 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:34 PM

I'm afraid you misunderstand my point still. Not asking about online log posts - but personal logs. I personally am not really interested in sharing my grow log on line in this sense and like to keep it personal, merely here to absorb information and learn.

So, it was not meant as a specific how-to-post-a-grow-log question, but a question about how do you personally keep track of things off-line - things that you normally would not post about when making a post here on the forums..

#6 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 819 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:01 PM

Advice is the same. Take a lot of photos for reference. It will come in handy later when trying to remember if something looks normal or associating phenotypes with sets of genetics. There are online note taking tools which are not open to the internet that can help you always have access to it and be able to embed photos.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!