• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Hempburgstien

Hempburgstien

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:33 PM

So I started fruiting this batch after 10 days colonizing the substrate, it's just way more colonized than anything I've ever seen in that time. Anyway it's been 7 days since fruiting and theres no pins, I have the temp at 73, theres 3, 30 minute fanning cycles a day, and humidity is around 98%. I figured as healthy as everything looked I would have pins fairly quick. Wondering if this is normal? I've made allot of mistakes before that prolonged this process but this time I feel like I did everything just right.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190208_102945.jpg
  • 20190208_103002.jpg
  • 20190208_105156.jpg

• LegoMyego likes this

#2 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,466 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:57 PM

Just be patient, it will fruit when it is ready... It isn't uncommon for it to look colonized from one angle and not from another.

#3 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 819 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:46 PM

Just be patient, it will fruit when it is ready... It isn't uncommon for it to look colonized from one angle and not from another.

Or to be colonized and not fruit yet. 7 days is too soon to call it.

#4 Hempburgstien

Hempburgstien

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:06 PM

It still hasnt pinned at all, it's a solid cake of mycelium now. I figure the temperature should be right, theres no metabolites smells healthy. I had this same issue once before, I'm still really new to this. The issue that time was temperature, I was cooking the mycelium basically, when I dropped the temp down to 73 it blew up overnight. It looked like shit, the cake was pure yellow and pissing metabs like you wouldnt believe and still in one flush threw out 170 dried grams of seriously potent mushrooms. It didnt have any other flushes the cake died and that was that. This time everything is extremely healthy, the temperature is 73, humidity as close to 100% as possible, the fae is great. Smells like mushrooms, is it possible theres not enough nutrition left in the sub to allow for fruiting? I may just be a little paranoid about it but man I cant imagine what the hold up is, I'm scared to tweak anything since I know so little.

#5 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

Usually what happens is after 7 to 10 days and nothing, you panic, pull your hair out, try to figure what to do, you spend a week making a plan, then you look and suddenly its pinning.
  • AbnormalMortaL, LegoMyego and RutgerHauer like this

#6 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,466 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:28 PM

I would still say patience...

11 days still isn't to the point that I would be concerned...

If proceeds for another week, there is always the possibility that the genetics are not prone to fruiting... What was the inoculate out of curiosity...

#7 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:29 PM

Or scrape it with a fork to break up that surface area and case thinly with moist verm. Mist the shit out of it for a week while increasing FAE.

100 percent humidity is too much. It limits evaporation necessary for pinning.
  • Advocate4TheMT likes this

#8 Hempburgstien

Hempburgstien

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:01 PM

If proceeds for another week, there is always the possibility that the genetics are not prone to fruiting... What was the inoculate out of curiosity...

I made my own syringe, and I inoculated hydrated bird seed. I had left over everything so I have a really small batch growing too off the leftovers that has already started to pin. Different fruiting chamber but it's working in the little trey just not the big one. Big difference is the smaller tray didnt colonize as much, but has been popping up a few pins that are growing extremely slow.

#9 Hempburgstien

Hempburgstien

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:03 PM

I made my own syringe, and I inoculated hydrated border seed. I had left over everything so I have a really small batch growing too that has already started to pin. Different fruiting chamber but it's working in the little one just not the big one.

Attached Thumbnails

• 15499984128379109494013814963328.jpg

Edited by Hempburgstien, 12 February 2019 - 02:08 PM.

#10 Hempburgstien

Hempburgstien

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:11 PM

Or scrape it with a fork to break up that surface area and case thinly with moist verm. Mist the shit out of it for a week while increasing FAE.
100 percent humidity is too much. It limits evaporation necessary for pinning.

So maybe give it a few more days and if nothing happens I can give that a go?

#11 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:21 PM

Sure. It can't hurt anything.

Odd how things can perform differently. I've had two basically identical tubs side by side pin 10 days apart. The late tub was almost exclusively side pins.

#12 Hempburgstien

Hempburgstien

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:30 PM

Sure. It can't hurt anything.
Odd how things can perform differently. I've had two basically identical tubs side by side pin 10 days apart. The late tub was almost exclusively side pins.

All right well thanks for the advise, I think I is give it 3 days and I'll try scraping it and casing it with verm, should I pasteurize the verm?

#13 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:40 PM

Nope. Straight out of the bag is fine. Wet it good and just enough to cover the sub.

#14 Hempburgstien

Hempburgstien

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:25 AM

Nope. Straight out of the bag is fine. Wet it good and just enough to cover the sub.

Well that didnt take long, i scraped and cased it 2 days ago doubled the fae and here this little guy popped up just today. Maybe things will start happening now.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190215_220527.jpg

• LegoMyego, RutgerHauer and Advocate4TheMT like this

#15 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:57 PM

When you get things right, they speed right along. A little FAE goes a long way.

#16 LegoMyego

LegoMyego

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:39 PM

I like your monotub.  We certainly have a different method however.  I used black spray paint on the outside on the bottom 3 inches instead of a trash bag inside.  Also, I just have 3 large (3inch) holes in each side filled with polyfill, with none in the lid.  I mist once a day and briefly remove the lid to allow for FAE twice a day.  

One thing I'm learning here is there are certainly many ways to skin a cat.  

• RutgerHauer and Advocate4TheMT like this

#17 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:00 PM

Well that didnt take long, i scraped and cased it 2 days ago doubled the fae and here this little guy popped up just today. Maybe things will start happening now.

Nice. Could be that it was about to happen anyway! Looking forward to the update anyhow. Cheers

RH

#18 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 01:07 AM

I just had the same issues buddy. I have a few tubs where I made my substrate a tad to thick (over 4 inch) and it took every bit of 3 - 3.5 weeks from spawning my grain into substrate to see pins.

It looked identical to yours. I ended up making my next few tubs with 2 - 2.5 inch substrate and really shaved time off my Spawn to pin timeframe.

After 14 days I almost gave up. But it smelled good and looked beautiful so I gave it time to do its thing. A month was the absolute longest I was going to go and BAM PIN CITY lol.

Edited by MysticalMyco, 24 February 2019 - 01:08 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!