• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:37 PM

"Participants reported significant decreases in depression, stress and distractibility, and increased feelings of connection to their experiences. Many felt a boost in positive attitude, but this did not generally linger past the first day of taking the substance.... While there were clear positive impacts on depression, stress and concentration, we saw no evidence of expected improvements to creativity, wellbeing and mindfulness. Participants also experienced increased neuroticism, which is a risk not generally discussed by supporters of microdosing."

Here is the study: https://medicalxpres...ffects-big.html

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,856 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:31 PM

Good article. I can definitely see the connection with people having higher expectations of microdosing. I have seen lot of folks that are so eager to find relief from suffering take to microdosing without doing much research having the expectation that they can take this magic pill and they will be cured. I think its important for people know that it is just a tool to possibly help them along. Kind of like when someone thinks a diet pill will help them lose weight but they do nothing to change their habits that got them there. There are things that one must change in their lifestyle, behaviors, and thinking if one is to create new pathways in the brain to overcome their ailments.   

• roc, Devu, Buitensporig and 3 others like this

#3 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:38 PM

The study mentioned in this article is linked here :-
https://mycotopia.ne...s/#entry1395671
  • clumsy and MedicineMan9 like this

#4 swayambhu

swayambhu

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:58 PM

I'm not convinced by micro dosing. I am a skeptic by nature, and to me it seems like micro dosing is mostly appealing to people who fear the loss of control that they imagine psychedelic level dosage use might cause.
I've tried micro dosing. I can't say the effects were anything definitive and even if they came close, not to a level that couldn't be put down to placebo effect.
Regular dosing, once every couple weeks or even months, on the other hand--boom, very definitive effects both primary, secondary and beyond.

Edited by swayambhu, 11 February 2019 - 02:59 PM.

• clumsy likes this

#5 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:10 PM

So,  what this means is that microdosing may be best one day at a time, with one or two days (min) for a cognitive reset.

#6 swayambhu

swayambhu

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:23 AM

So, what this means is that microdosing may be best one day at a time, with one or two days (min) for a cognitive reset.

What what means? I'm not sure what you are referring to, but unless there are reasons, physical or psychiatric, why you shouldn't, I would recommend psychedelic level doses once a fortnight as being effective for personal development. That's my personal recommendation, and as a total stranger you should take that with a grain of salt, but there it is.

In the case that you can't take psychedelic doses for the reasons stated above, you probably shouldn't be micro dosing either.

Edited by swayambhu, 13 February 2019 - 03:25 AM.

#7 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:17 PM

I am referring to this sentence from the article in question: "Many felt a boost in positive attitude, but this did not generally linger past the first day of taking the substance.".

#8 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 211 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:50 PM

Good article. I can definitely see the connection with people having higher expectations of microdosing. I have seen lot of folks that are so eager to find relief from suffering take to microdosing without doing much research having the expectation that they can take this magic pill and they will be cured. I think its important for people know that it is just a tool to possibly help them along. Kind of like when someone thinks a diet pill will help them lose weight but they do nothing to change their habits that got them there. There are things that one must change in their lifestyle, behaviors, and thinking if one is to create new pathways in the brain to overcome their ailments.   

Drugs usually just amplify who you are... total asshole, easy going person, insecure and so on... just facing ones inner self and being happy with it.

#9 Advocate4TheMT

Advocate4TheMT

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 94 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:51 PM

Couldn’t agree more.
Same with cannabis. People do zero research or work and think their gonna get off the opiates they’ve been prescribed for a decade and just use cannabis. Day 1 may be tolerable, but when day 2 no opiates rolls in. “Cannabis doesn’t work for me.” Just the transition from something chemical (big pharma) to a natural remedy is tough enough as it is from fentanyl through antidepressants. As with life having standards is one thing. Having expectations that borderline delusions of grandeur is a bit narcissistic.

Edited by Advocate4TheMT, 10 March 2019 - 05:53 PM.

• clumsy likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!