• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stayboogy

stayboogy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:38 PM

I thought I'd take the time to introduce myself and say "hello" to everyone.

I've not done a grow in quite some time honestly.  I haven't really had to.  But, I'm going to be diving back in fairly heavily I think.  I started in this hobby about 15 years ago or so, by first moving outdoor fruiting specimens to inside habitats, and from there I was hooked.  I've done lots of montubs in my day, and never once fruited PF cakes, just went straight to monotubs.

My main reason for joining is just to see what methods everyone else is using these days to produce tubs, and to see if there have been any major improvements over the last several years that surpass the simple monotub technique, with which I've always had great success.

I'm also curious about new strains, and improving my knowledge on growing Panaeolus Cyanescens, which I've never had really any success at to speak of.

So, hello, Mycotopia community.

• Skywatcher, RutgerHauer and Advocate4TheMT like this

#2 Advocate4TheMT

Advocate4TheMT

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 94 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:36 PM

I thought I'd take the time to introduce myself and say "hello" to everyone.

I've not done a grow in quite some time honestly. I haven't really had to. But, I'm going to be diving back in fairly heavily I think.

Welcome stayboogie!!!!

Edited by coorsmikey, 15 February 2019 - 12:36 AM.
[/quote]

• stayboogy likes this

#3 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:13 PM

Welcome! Good to have another experienced grower around. 

You say you never did PF TEK - me neither. I was just thinking that it is suggested for beginners because they won't need a pressure cooker - so that's easier they say.

I never had an oven, so I could choose: Buy an oven, or a pressure cooker...  :biggrin:

• Advocate4TheMT and stayboogy like this

#4 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,278 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:09 PM

Welcome to 'topia!

Checkout the archives for Teks.

• Advocate4TheMT and stayboogy like this

#5 stayboogy

stayboogy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 11:03 PM

Welcome to 'topia!

Checkout the archives for Teks.

will do

#6 stayboogy

stayboogy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 11:07 PM

Welcome! Good to have another experienced grower around. 

You say you never did PF TEK - me neither. I was just thinking that it is suggested for beginners because they won't need a pressure cooker - so that's easier they say.

I never had an oven, so I could choose: Buy an oven, or a pressure cooker...  :biggrin:

I've done the tek as far as making jars, it's simple enough.  I never fruited the cakes as cakes however, seemed like a waste after making it that far.  PF tek is still very good for making spawn jars.  I have had very good success using popcorn in the past as well.  I like PF jars with some sort of manure added for spawn runs and will probably be what I continue to use.  I really dislike spawn bags.

• RutgerHauer likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!