Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

How do you prep(dunk, rehydrate) 64qt sub for 2nd flush?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 seventen

seventen

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

So this is my first attempt at a 64qt monotub. I had a great first flush! Not a very pretty canopy, but tons of fruits. Now, I want to rehydrate the sub to prep for the second flush, and noticing the bag will not hold the weight of the sub if I try to lift it out of the tub. I don't want to tear up the sub in the process of pulling it out. Any recommendations? How do you guys prep large bulk subs for multiple flushes? Is it even necessary? Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190211_140426_585.jpg

Edited by seventen, 13 February 2019 - 04:33 PM.

• roc, Cuboid and deemesis like this

#2 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,110 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:44 PM

I typically design my tubs so that I can pour the water directly into the tub until the substrate starts to float.... I just let it sit like that until it has re-hydrated and then pour out the water, Presto-Bango...  I do the same thing with bags... It just seems easiest that way...

Long ago, in yester-year... I would fill a larger container with water, remove the substrate and plunk er right into the larger, water filled reservoir...

These days I try to keep things as simple as possible... The fewer pieces of equipment and containers the better... If I can accomplish my goal without having to use another tool or container, that is what I do... Cleaning tubs and other receptacles gets tedious fast...

• bezevo, seventen, Sikfreud and 2 others like this

#3 vertygo

vertygo

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

I've done the same as Pjammer24, but have also added some weights on either side. A fully colonized sub is pretty contam resistant, so usually something metal is good enough. Take a look around your local thrift store for hand weights, cowbells, etc.

• seventen likes this

#4 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,110 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

I've done the same as Pjammer24, but have also added some weights on either side. A fully colonized sub is pretty contam resistant, so usually something metal is good enough. Take a look around your local thrift store for hand weights, cowbells, etc.

I think this is overkill... They hydrate pretty well without being fully submerged...

• Deleena24 and deemesis like this

#5 seventen

seventen

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:44 PM

I am thinking I will just fill the tub up with water as high up as the holes will let me and just keep a weight on top(maybe my smaller 6qt PC filled with water) to keep the sub submerged. Thanks fellas

• PJammer24 likes this

#6 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,836 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:02 PM

I have always drilled a hole on the bottom of the tub and used a cork to seal it for dunking. The trash bag keeps it pretty clean until a dunk is needed and I cut a hole in the bag when it is time to dunk. Then pull the cork to drain it. Works like a charm.

• PJammer24, PinkMenace, raymycoto and 1 other like this

#7 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:50 PM

Yup. I like to rehydrate right in the tub I am using. Drilling or melting a hole on one side in the corner is a good idea. You can plug it with a cork or if you have spare cash, that flexiseal tape really does keep out water. Stuff is really waterproof, amazing.

Regular duct tape will work for a while, too.
  • seventen likes this

#8 seventen

seventen

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:01 PM

Drilling or melting a hole on one side in the corner is a good idea.

I have always drilled a hole on the bottom of the tub and used a cork to seal it for dunking. 

Great idea thanks y'all. I've got the tub filled up right now and hadn't thought about how I was gonna drain it to be honest. I was thinking I was just gonna tilt the entire tub to pour out the water and that sounded like a shit show waiting to happen. Glad i signed in!  :biggrin:‚Äč 

Edited by seventen, 14 February 2019 - 07:03 PM.

• onediadem likes this

#9 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,836 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2019 - 11:49 PM

I am totally stealing the phrase "Shit Show". That could have really come in handy today lol.

• bezevo and DaveyJonez like this

#10 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:34 PM

Ita a favorite of mine as well Onediadem

#11 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,836 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:36 PM

oops. I totally posted a rant in the wrong thread. My bad.

Edited by onediadem, 11 May 2019 - 10:41 PM.

• MsBehavin420 likes this

#12 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

59937644_379720382642753_5051234715256750080_n.jpg
  • jkdeth likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!