• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:25 AM

In the days of my early marijuana use it was Extremely psychedelic for me. So much so that even reggie made me trip and medical grade floored me to the point of tears (my first experience) and the following medical marijuana experiences weren't any less intense. Anyway, at some point this stopped happening to me and I just started getting "stoned".. I very much want the Psychedelic marijuana experience back. Is it gone forever? Or can I achieve this again by waiting long enough? What are your experiences? I've had a month long tolerance break and it didn't seem to be the same as early experiences.

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,789 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:20 AM

A hiatus will make the herb far more powerful. 

Super-excellent cannabis with just the right chemical profile causes the psychedelia. I can totally relate - and have hallucinated from smoking plain, unadulterated, cannabis on more than one occasion. These experiences almost always occurred after ceasing all cannabis use for at least a 30-day period. 

We need to figure out what got us "there". The strain I remember, in particular, was outdoor grown, hand raised and watered. The seeds came directly from Afghanistan so there was no "breeding" information. The plants grew to be 9-feet tall on average and smelled very strongly of pine. Once kissed with frost, they would turn quite deeply purple (thus my fascination with purple weed for awhile).

• roc and DaveyJonez like this

#3 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:17 AM

From my limited experience I have found that Sativa Dominant Strains tend to be more visual and "High" vs. Indica "Stoned".
  • Myc, coorsmikey, PJammer24 and 1 other like this

#4 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 12:41 PM

I don't think I'm referring to the difference between sativa and indica or thc vs cbd because I had way psychedelic experiences on both blue dream and sour diesel which I believe are 100‰ indica and sativa respectively.. It's hard to describe but in a way my first medical grade marijuana experience was the most intense psychedelic experience I've ever had...in a different way though.. As for waiting 30 days, I've done this and it seems like I just get really tired... I guess I know what I have to do (long tolerance break) but Im uncertain that it will ever be like the magic it once was

I just thought of something however.. All of the experiences I'm remembering did take place in adolescence so maybe brain development?
  • Myc likes this

#5 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,154 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:18 PM

Oh how I wish I could get the same experience I had when I first smoked cannabis.

My cousin and I smoked a quarter of good black hash one night.

What a trip!

The only thing that could equal it was shrooms.  Of course they surpassed it but the first cannabis buzz was the best.

There were other times when I have had great hash or weed, but not the psychedelic experience from that first time.

• DaveyJonez likes this

#6 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,285 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:11 PM

I have white knuckled the bed a few times from tripping on weed. That is why I quit smoking or eating anything but cbd. No thank you to the extreme panic it causes.

• DaveyJonez likes this

#7 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:18 PM

Oh how I wish I could get the same experience I had when I first smoked cannabis.
My cousin and I smoked a quarter of good black hash one night.
What a trip!
The only thing that could equal it was shrooms. Of course they surpassed it but the first cannabis buzz was the best.
There were other times when I have had great hash or weed, but not the psychedelic experience from that first time.

What is the biggest tolerance window that you've allowed yourself?

#8 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:19 PM

I have white knuckled the bed a few times from tripping on weed. That is why I quit smoking or eating anything but cbd. No thank you to the extreme panic it causes.

Do you think it could be a set and setting thing? Or does thc just do that to you?

#9 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,154 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:36 PM

5 Years.

#10 TheBigRip

TheBigRip

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:55 PM

In the days of my early marijuana use it was Extremely psychedelic for me. So much so that even reggie made me trip and medical grade floored me to the point of tears (my first experience) and the following medical marijuana experiences weren't any less intense. Anyway, at some point this stopped happening to me and I just started getting "stoned".. I very much want the Psychedelic marijuana experience back. Is it gone forever? Or can I achieve this again by waiting long enough? What are your experiences? I've had a month long tolerance break and it didn't seem to be the same as early experiences.

I am having the exact same experience right now and had the same experience you had at the beginning of use. In my experience this tolerance and lack of psychedelic-like tripping effects happens after daily use of Marijuana. In my case I was using it at night time to fall asleep because I didn't want to take too much Ambien. Unfortunately while ambien keeps working, Marijuana does not have the same effect if you use it every day. 

From everything I've read you need to stop using it for at least two weeks. Ideally for a month. Then it should start happening again. In my experience when I had a break of one week I already had effects closer to those I had without tolerance. 

You just cannot "smoke weed everyday" and have the experiences you want to have. I am trying to make a long break myself. I do not feel I have any "need" for marijuana because throughout the day I have absolutely no desire to use it. Even if I skipped a day or two I still have no desire to use it in the day time. BUT when I am staying up awake at night and when I am unable to fall asleep I start thinking "well, I'll just inhale some of it to fall asleep".

If you have high blood pressure I have a method I recommend you can resort to. This would only be possible if you have high blood pressure and take blood pressure medication. Blood pressure medication, just like THC, makes you tired and makes your eyes dry. Pretty much same effect as from marijuana. So, I recommend taking the blood pressure medication at night and waiting for it to kick in so you feel tired. When this happens and you feel tired as opposed to alert you will probably not have any desire to have some weed because your tiredness should already feel similar to what you feel like when you are stoned.

I'd be curious what other tactics people use to get a t-break.

#11 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:42 AM

5 Years.
Woah.
I was not expecting that answer.. That makes me sad that you couldn't get that original experience even after 5 years!

#12 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:47 AM

I am having the exact same experience right now and had the same experience you had at the beginning of use. In my experience this tolerance and lack of psychedelic-like tripping effects happens after daily use of Marijuana. In my case I was using it at night time to fall asleep because I didn't want to take too much Ambien. Unfortunately while ambien keeps working, Marijuana does not have the same effect if you use it every day.

From everything I've read you need to stop using it for at least two weeks. Ideally for a month. Then it should start happening again. In my experience when I had a break of one week I already had effects closer to those I had without tolerance.

You just cannot "smoke weed everyday" and have the experiences you want to have. I am trying to make a long break myself. I do not feel I have any "need" for marijuana because throughout the day I have absolutely no desire to use it. Even if I skipped a day or two I still have no desire to use it in the day time. BUT when I am staying up awake at night and when I am unable to fall asleep I start thinking "well, I'll just inhale some of it to fall asleep".

If you have high blood pressure I have a method I recommend you can resort to. This would only be possible if you have high blood pressure and take blood pressure medication. Blood pressure medication, just like THC, makes you tired and makes your eyes dry. Pretty much same effect as from marijuana. So, I recommend taking the blood pressure medication at night and waiting for it to kick in so you feel tired. When this happens and you feel tired as opposed to alert you will probably not have any desire to have some weed because your tiredness should already feel similar to what you feel like when you are stoned.

I'd be curious what other tactics people use to get a t-break.
I'm admittedly a marijuana abuser.. My absolute longest hiatus in over 6 years has been around 1 month and if I recall correctly the first experience after the month was up resulted in extreme tiredness instead of being thrown into this extremely psychedelic experience.. Maybe I smoked too much coming from a point of zero tolerance?.. I suppose I need to just get the will power not to smoke for a month a find out my damn self lol

#13 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:19 AM

I also just remembered that my longest was 3 months not 1

#14 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:01 AM

quote from my first time getting high on pot (1976)

“Does it do this every time?”

saw trails that day

so I guess not

but I’ll keep trying
  • mushit and DaveyJonez like this

#15 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:40 AM

Fully quit for 3-6 months to make sure all thc is out of your body.
Smoke then best you can find.. i do this every now n again.
I call them tolerance breaks:)
  • DaveyJonez likes this

#16 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:47 PM

I have to chime in here, I completely agree with most posters about tolerance making the difference.

had way psychedelic experiences on both blue dream and sour diesel which I believe are 100‰ indica and sativa respectively..

No you will find they are both heavily sativa dominant.

[Direct Link]

However, a 2015 study showed that CBD functions as a negative allosteric modulator, which means that CBD binds to a site on the CB1 receptor distinct from the THC binding site.  This attachment causes the receptor site where THC binds to change the shape of the receptor which creates a lesser binding of THC and less activation of the CB1 receptor.  In a 2015 study published in the British Journal of Pharmacology it was seen that the supplementation of CBD reduced the potency and efficacy of 2-arachidonylglycerol (2-AG) and THC, putting CBD into the category of a negative allosteric modulator.

https://www.labroots...negate-thc-high

Sativas dont generally produce CBD(or very little), so have high THC levels (and other things like THCV) and nothing to modulate its uptake, hence an intense experience. For example a 20% potency indica may have 18% THC and 2% CBD so has 2% of a compound that lessen the effects of the first, and a 20% potency sativa will be pretty much all THC. Soaring, cerebral and psychedelic are common descriptors for sativas.

Sative-VS-Indica.jpg

Edited by PistolPete13, 03 March 2019 - 10:50 PM.

• DaveyJonez and clumsy like this

#17 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:14 AM

huh i went all these years thinking blue dream was completely indica

#18 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:28 AM

In Amsterdam they have a cutting that has been circulating the coffee shops for years, it is a Super Silver Haze which is extremely psychedelic. And they must hoodwink hundreds of unsuspecting tourists a year with it(myself included), also Amnesia Haze and Sannies Shackzilla were similar. But there is something about this cutting in particular, there are other notorious ones like Nevilles Haze and some African sativa strains. But in your country look for a good Amnesia haze;

RQS;

AMNESIA HAZE: A FAMOUS PSYCHEDELIC POWERHOUSE

Amnesia Haze has a classic, long, maturing psychotropic sativa lineage tamed with a dash of dense mountain indica. Two land-races and a hybrid have been expertly combined to produce a THC powerhouse that has an effect that even the most experienced cannabis aficionados will find undeniable and insistent.

https://www.royalque...e-feminized-n10

Hytiva;

Its THC levels average at 17% and can reach 22%. Its high has been described as uplifting and energetic, a great strain for a wake-and-bake or for use in the afternoon. It elevates the spirits, causing the consumer to feel happy. Some reviewers have defined the high as psychedelic and don’t recommend it for amateur users.

https://www.hytiva.c...ns/amnesia-haze

• DaveyJonez likes this

#19 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:17 AM

In Amsterdam they have a cutting that has been circulating the coffee shops for years, it is a Super Silver Haze which is extremely psychedelic. And they must hoodwink hundreds of unsuspecting tourists a year with it(myself included), also Amnesia Haze and Sannies Shackzilla were similar. But there is something about this cutting in particular, there are other notorious ones like Nevilles Haze and some African sativa strains. But in your country look for a good Amnesia haze;

RQS;

AMNESIA HAZE: A FAMOUS PSYCHEDELIC POWERHOUSE

Amnesia Haze has a classic, long, maturing psychotropic sativa lineage tamed with a dash of dense mountain indica. Two land-races and a hybrid have been expertly combined to produce a THC powerhouse that has an effect that even the most experienced cannabis aficionados will find undeniable and insistent.

https://www.royalque...e-feminized-n10

Hytiva;

Its THC levels average at 17% and can reach 22%. Its high has been described as uplifting and energetic, a great strain for a wake-and-bake or for use in the afternoon. It elevates the spirits, causing the consumer to feel happy. Some reviewers have defined the high as psychedelic and don’t recommend it for amateur users.

https://www.hytiva.c...ns/amnesia-haze

i gotta move my ass to a legal state! it must be amazing to have selective ability when buying smoke.

• Skywatcher likes this

#20 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,009 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:28 AM

My first time I really smoked some good stuff (not the ditch weed I grew up with in high school) and listened to "Turned on Bach" - yeah, totally psychedelic.  I took a 27 year hiatus, and still have never had that experience again.

I hate to say this, but it may very well be that with time and experience, the brain acclimates - which is to say, you are not the same person who had those psychedelic experiences.  Now the ground you walk on is "known" and "ordinary" - your brain doesn't recognize it as "novel" anymore.

That is not to say you couldn't, with mediation and mindfulness still notice those things, they are just not "new" anymore, so you don't think of it as "WOW" like you did the first time.

Just a possible explanation here, nothing to back it up. 

• OldBear and DaveyJonez like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!