• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 Kola

Kola

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:18 AM

Had to harvest some more mushies this morning before work. Kind of sucks they are so small but I think its cause I uses the 4oz jars so I expected them to be smaller then normal. I'm curious aa to when I should do the 2nd dunk. The first one j harvested is still growing little pins, it's got a tad bit of blue on the edges to it's starting to dry out. Is now a good time to redunk for about 18 hours or so I wait until the cake stops producing. When I do dunk do yall recommend that I clear all the little pins off before hand and wash off all the verm casing? Also should I reroll and DEC after a dunk for the 2nd flush? I was reading that theres no need to reroll them in verm that it just makes it prone to contams. But is really like to know yalls thoughts on that. Everything else seems to be going great. Everything is growing nice and quick so this is definitely a successful grow, not bad for the first attempt. Its all thanks to everyone on this fourm. Thank you all so much. :):)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#102 DanceOfBliss

DanceOfBliss

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:58 PM

I dunk after harvest and some of the pins continue to grow. 18 hours seems too long for quarter pint. I personally would only do 6, I do 12 for half pint, and 24 for bulk. I can’t tell if that is mold in the jar. It would not be from being in there too long. Just wait to see if it spreads (without opening it).

#103 Kola

Kola

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:01 PM

Awesome ty I'll dunk it when I get home, I wasnt sure if I should wait till it stops producing or not. As for the jar, it shouldn't be mold. It's been fully consolidated for weeks and hopefully pretty resistant to contams. It also has the verm barrier in it still. The jar hasn't been opened since b4 the PC. I did get some half pint jars so I innoced them on the 3rd. Is it good to roll and DEC on flushes after the 1st or only before the first? I have read a lot on it but some people say not to and other say you should. Overall I'm pretty happy with the results so jar. Not a lot of mush but it's enough for a first grow. :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  • Billcoz and DanceOfBliss like this

#104 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:04 PM

You can and should dunk and roll/DEC in verm before every flush with such small cakes. They dry out quicker than the standard size 1/2 pint.
  • Billcoz and DanceOfBliss like this

#105 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:49 AM

Great looking work over here. Sub’d

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!