98 replies to this topic

#21 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 1,980 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:00 PM

Looks great. That bruising isn't important. That split cap can come from fast growth, drier conditions, random mutant, or verticillum. But, nothing to worry about with this tub. Looks like a lot of fruit just pulling a lot of water from your substrate.

Those can be picked any time now. Id give them a few more hours, growth can happen fast.
  • peacefrog and Tygrysek like this

#22 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:11 PM

Agreed, give them like 6 or 8 more hrs, then pick. That's a nice flush you got there.

#23 Tygrysek

Tygrysek

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:19 AM

Agreed, give them like 6 or 8 more hrs, then pick. That's a nice flush you got there.

allrighty i have to give them more :/ like 10 from now.... then i will harvest them and dry in food dryer

#24 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:41 AM

Wow I am jealous... gives me inspiration....

Nice job...

#25 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,275 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:33 AM

A caution on the food dryer...

Mine came with a heat element and I disconnected heat element. Heat reduces magic!
I first used it with stacked tray and ran fan but later just used trays.

Buy cheap and simple unless you want to use it for fruit / vegetables.

Nice grow!

#26 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,162 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:57 AM

Yea those look perfectly fine. Good job on your first grow!

Im going to piggy back off of what jk said above. Below are a couple of pics to show the difference between cracking caps due to low humidity and normal splitting of caps due to fast growth.

Cracked caps:
C5BE93DD-351F-4D13-8A5F-09B778EC395E.jpeg

Splitting of caps:
278D02D0-79CF-49ED-B442-0CC408C56C12.jpeg 32EF40D6-91C0-428E-B66F-809B56CA42C4.jpeg

Either way you are fine. Both conditions are normal and happen from time to time.

There is nothIng you can do (that I am aware of) to stop splitting caps caused by rapid growth. And if your caps are cracking, raise the humidity. But I believe in as much FAE as possible, and as long as the fruit body’s are healthy and growing normal, I don’t worry about a few cracked caps. But that’s just me.
  • roc, Deleena24, Microbe and 1 other like this

#27 Tygrysek

Tygrysek

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:00 PM

Hi again! I Have big question. I got food dryer right now and the lowest temperature is 35C. It looks like this:

1fb99ce8130c6.jpg

It just blow air with 35C threw all of tyres. Should i do that? i dont have too much options.

#28 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,353 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:05 PM

Hi again! I Have big question. I got food dryer right now and the lowest temperature is 35C. It looks like this:

It just blow air with 35C threw all of tyres. Should i do that? i dont have too much options.

That's fine IMHO. Mine doesn't even have a temp control and runs hotter.

• peacefrog and Tygrysek like this

#29 Tygrysek

Tygrysek

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

And can i pack them after drying into foil bags like that (?):

comment_p4sgGgMsmD1DKiGKXi26JGoT45JiMsdp

#30 Tygrysek

Tygrysek

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

didnt they loss potency? :D

#31 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:44 PM

There shouldn't be any loss of actives if they're dried quickly. These dehydrators usually max out at 165f. The melting point of the actives is well above 300f.

I use a dehydrator but I keep it at 120 or 105 depending how large the mushrooms are. I've used it on the highest setting, too. Nobody including myself noticed any difference between fan dried and heat dried.

You can also make super potent tea by boiling for hours.

#32 DreamingRaven

DreamingRaven

Seeker

• VIP
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:08 PM

I have a point to make about heat and our favorite fungi.  We make tea from the mushrooms yes? And the water is nearly boiling when we put them in to steep, if that doesn't make them lose potency then a food dehydrator is not going to affect them in any way that is noticeable . I use a dehydrator to dry all of mine, and no one , myself included, notices any lessening of the trip . 

Edited by DreamingRaven, 21 February 2019 - 05:08 PM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#33 Tygrysek

Tygrysek

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:12 PM

It looked like that just before i put it into dryer. Now im waiting. Anything wrong?

091d01df2b056.jpg

#34 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,353 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:19 PM

didnt they loss potency? :D

oxygen is the real enemy of potency imho

• DreamingRaven and peacefrog like this

#35 Tygrysek

Tygrysek

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:54 PM

im drying them right now on 40-45C in food dryer. I will wait 4h before i will check it. Then i will think if i will left it for more time or just storage it

#36 Tygrysek

Tygrysek

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:38 PM

So my harvested shrooms are drying in food dryer right now. 1.5h ago i put box under water and now i put it into foil bag with 0.5l of water like in 1st day. I hope i did it right :D

21368021497fd.jpg

#37 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,353 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:06 PM

im drying them right now on 40-45C in food dryer. I will wait 4h before i will check it. Then i will think if i will left it for more time or just storage it

Stop making me do Celsius conversions! Just kidding. :biggrin: I'd dry them until they're dry, drying in stages can give one a big purple mushy mess IME, unless one is drying them almost completely with a dehydrator and then throwing them into some sort of sealed desiccant chamber to finish. I'd just finish the drying in the dehydrator.

So my harvested shrooms are drying in food dryer right now. 1.5h ago i put box under water and now i put it into foil bag with 0.5l of water like in 1st day. I hope i did it right :D

Not sure what you are saying here. You re-hydrated it?

Edited by CatsAndBats, 21 February 2019 - 08:07 PM.

#38 Tygrysek

Tygrysek

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:57 PM

Stop making me do Celsius conversions! Just kidding. :biggrin: I'd dry them until they're dry, drying in stages can give one a big purple mushy mess IME, unless one is drying them almost completely with a dehydrator and then throwing them into some sort of sealed desiccant chamber to finish. I'd just finish the drying in the dehydrator.

Not sure what you are saying here. You re-hydrated it?

Right now its like 4h since i started dehydrating ;) they are so dry but not cracky ;P want to wait 3more hours :) Yes i re-hydrated it (made spaces with fork inside, pour water for like 2h and then pour out water, put box in foil bag and start everything like 2 weeks ago :D). They are just warm in this dryer not hot and its a good information ;)

#39 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:24 PM

21368021497fd.jpg

You're supposed to put the water on the substrate. In the picture it looks like you put the water in the bags and then the plastic container with the substrate in the bag. Am I missing something?
  • coorsmikey likes this

#40 Tygrysek

Tygrysek

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:05 AM

21368021497fd.jpg

You're supposed to put the water on the substrate. In the picture it looks like you put the water in the bags and then the plastic container with the substrate in the bag. Am I missing something?

i already put water into for 1.5h. then pour it out. I was using this tutorial: https://www.youtube....v=PiqOLimY-2Q

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!