• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:48 AM

I came here to learn about shrooms... but as I have taken a little time to peruse the site, I must say... very nice! to see others with inquisitive minds <eg>

Being from a legal use state for pot, anyone need any help on making oils in inexpensive home built closed extraction systems using beer brewing hardware I am more than happy to help...

• onediadem, Coopdog, OldBear and 3 others like this

#2 surfer8210

surfer8210

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:22 AM

I came here to learn about shrooms... but as I have taken a little time to peruse the site, I must say... very nice! to see others with inquisitive minds <eg>

Being from a legal use state for pot, anyone need any help on making oils in inexpensive home built closed extraction systems using beer brewing hardware I am more than happy to help...

You had me at inexpensive, I’d love to put together a little oil well operation.
Let me know what you could share with me and if I can be of any help with shroom knowledge I’d gladly reciprocate.
Although there are many others here who are much wiser and more experienced than myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • DaveyJonez likes this

#3 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,453 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:58 AM

Welcome to 'topia!

• DaveyJonez and WolfWhiz like this

#4 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:34 AM

I'm very much interested in a home cbd extraction method! I would love help with what to do because right now I know nothing at all.. My plans were to grow some hemp and extract the cbd for my dad.. I noticed there was a machine online that claims to do it for $600 but that's a little hefty for me

#5 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,831 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:06 AM

Welcome!

• WolfWhiz likes this

#6 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:56 PM

You had me at inexpensive, I’d love to put together a little oil well operation.
Let me know what you could share with me and if I can be of any help with shroom knowledge I’d gladly reciprocate.
Although there are many others here who are much wiser and more experienced than myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By all means, I will break the camera out and make up a little how do in the next week or so... Yes ther are some very smart people here... nice place to find :)

#7 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:01 PM

I'm very much interested in a home cbd extraction method! I would love help with what to do because right now I know nothing at all.. My plans were to grow some hemp and extract the cbd for my dad.. I noticed there was a machine online that claims to do it for $600 but that's a little hefty for me

CBD's are easy, since Hemp was just made legal in the US, Hemp will provide more diversity and levels of CBD's at a fraction of the cost over regular Bud.... typical all stainless unit is about 260$ to 350$ and no need for a anti explosion circ pump, ice, water and lots of salt work well :)

Edited by WolfWhiz, 20 February 2019 - 07:39 PM.

• DaveyJonez likes this

#8 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:05 PM

CBD's are easy, since Hemp was just made legal in the US, Hemp will provide more diversity and levels of CBD's at a fraction of the cost over regular Bud.... typical all stainless unit is about 26 to 350$ and no need for a antiexplosion circ pump, ice, water and lots of salt work well :)
Dude that's exciting! Ive been researching it a little bit and I only seem to be able to find $3000 industrial extraction machines and all the hemp seeds in the world seem to be out of stock lol.. Where would I look to find a $350 extractor?

#9 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:43 PM

CBD's are easy, since Hemp was just made legal in the US, Hemp will provide more diversity and levels of CBD's at a fraction of the cost over regular Bud.... typical all stainless unit is about 26 to 350$ and no need for a antiexplosion circ pump, ice, water and lots of salt work well :)
Dude that's exciting! Ive been researching it a little bit and I only seem to be able to find $3000 industrial extraction machines and all the hemp seeds in the world seem to be out of stock lol.. Where would I look to find a $350 extractor?

You use Beer brewing fittings and buy from China on Ebay and other sites... WAY cheaper like this visual sight glass for watching N-butane flush your material... You don't need it, but it is handy to understand what is happening in a closed system. This was 30 bucks on ebay.  So add quick fittings, 2 reservoirs and a few valves and you are set to rock :) Once I can post pics it will make more sense.

s-l300.jpg

Edited by WolfWhiz, 20 February 2019 - 07:44 PM.

• DaveyJonez likes this

#10 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:49 PM

Also it can be done buying 2 cheap pressure cookers as reservoirs and drill and thread them for fittings... It's not all stainless but it does save the biggest cost by swapping out stainless for Aluminum since working pressure is going to be minimal using Ice and a heating blanket to move butane back and forth. Running a batch with Ice, dry ice and warming blanket takes about 4 hours start to finish.. with a pump a hour, a decent pump runs about 450$ to 800$ bucks if anti-explosion and using a cooling coil while condensing.

#11 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:16 PM

Also it can be done buying 2 cheap pressure cookers as reservoirs and drill and thread them for fittings... It's not all stainless but it does save the biggest cost by swapping out stainless for Aluminum since working pressure is going to be minimal using Ice and a heating blanket to move butane back and forth. Running a batch with Ice, dry ice and warming blanket takes about 4 hours start to finish.. with a pump a hour, a decent pump runs about 450$ to 800$ bucks if anti-explosion and using a cooling coil while condensing.

Oh shit lol I think I'm too stupid to extract cbd! Hahah jk but I'm definitely going to have to do more research before I can grasp some of these concepts.. Do you have any links related to the whole brewing equipment used for extractions?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!