• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:59 AM

Along with a love of nature and horticulture, I have spent my life trying to make things right as much as I can... here are a few photos from our sanctuary...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1396.jpg
  • IMG_3515.jpg
  • IMG_4098.jpg
  • Jaeger.jpg
  • Untitled.jpg
  • Untitled attachment 00005.jpg
  • Untitled attachment 00008.jpg
  • Untitled attachment 00013.jpg

• onediadem, coorsmikey, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,446 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:21 AM

Beautiful wolves.

It looks like at least one is a permanent resident with you.......... Maybe two?

I am curious if you don't mind, do you rescue and rehab these wolves? The property is fantastic habitat, and the pictures of the dark grey and the tan one look like they are right at home. 

I only ask because I also love wolves and other wild animals that are endangered and loosing their home.

Thanks for sharing the pics...........

(nominated in the February POTM Contest....)

https://mycotopia.ne...t/#entry1397358

post-158377-0-37480200-1550649538.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 20 February 2019 - 10:32 AM.

• SteampunkScientist, Oneyedraven and WolfWhiz like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,942 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:06 AM

The habitat looks very similar to my region.   We have a combined 45 acres witch we have declared a dog free sanctuary. 

#4 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:50 PM

Beautiful wolves.

It looks like at least one is a permanent resident with you.......... Maybe two?

I am curious if you don't mind, do you rescue and rehab these wolves? The property is fantastic habitat, and the pictures of the dark grey and the tan one look like they are right at home. 

I only ask because I also love wolves and other wild animals that are endangered and loosing their home.

Thanks for sharing the pics...........

(nominated in the February POTM Contest....)

https://mycotopia.ne...t/#entry1397358

We have 3 current wolves.... and expecting a new pup in spring. I have been working and living with wolves since I was 20. So all of our animals are rescues, and they come from many sorted backgrounds... Unfortunately many are illegally bread. so none are at them point to rehab and return them to the wild. We have a 100 acres here and 10 are for the animals. Wolves though need to be part of the family huge touch and interaction to keep them happy. I will be posting some vids on why you don't want a wolf :) 1 wolf pup is like 15 regular pups :)

Edited by WolfWhiz, 20 February 2019 - 12:52 PM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#5 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:52 PM

The habitat looks very similar to my region.   We have a combined 45 acres witch we have declared a dog free sanctuary. 

I am PNW .... 

Peace

WW

#6 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,856 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:57 PM

Very cool and interesting Pics! Thank for sharing! I had a friend that had a wolf that would stand up and put his from paws on my shoulders. I thought that was pretty darn cool but I have to admit it was pretty darn scary as well. It appeared as she was giving me a loving embrace but in reality she was probably showing me who was boss.

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,942 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:01 PM

I am PNW ....

I am about five miles north of the Columbia River, and about thirty from the ocean, back up in the hills near the end of the road.  Your pics feel like just about across the big river from here, maybe near the tide flats. 

#8 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:36 PM

I am about five miles north of the Columbia River, and about thirty from the ocean, back up in the hills near the end of the road.  Your pics feel like just about across the big river from here, maybe near the tide flats. 

We are neighbors then <eg>  I am north about 40 miles and 15 miles from coast... I love it up here...  And end of road here too lol! Hows that saying go you are a redneck if directions to your house include...." when the pavement ends " :)

Edited by WolfWhiz, 20 February 2019 - 07:37 PM.

• Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,942 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:16 PM

We are neighbors then <eg>  I am north about 40 miles and 15 miles from coast... I love it up here...  And end of road here too lol! Hows that saying go you are a redneck if directions to your house include...." when the pavement ends " :)

I have been here for 47 years.  Lived and worked on the Willapa Bay before moving here.  Looked at land near Brooklyn before I found this place near Skamokawa.  So, I guess we are both in the Willapa Hills. No wonder your area looks like mine.

Edited by Alder Logs, 20 February 2019 - 09:23 PM.

#10 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:01 AM

Ya, I was a paramedic for major us city before I got the hell out and now Elk and Deer in the front yard :) I could never move back to town or the city again...

#11 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,698 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:28 AM

Jeeze.  These two probably pass each other by on a regular basis and never knew it so they had to meet via electromagnetic waves circling the globe and going up to satellites, and everything else before they knew..."oh...you live down the "unpaved road" from me! 

I love it!  :tongue:

By the way WW if you see Soliver sneaking around your place, he's just looking to cook and eat Alder... so... make sure you identify yourself.  :biggrin:

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 26 February 2019 - 08:30 AM.

• WolfWhiz likes this

#12 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,942 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:52 AM

Jeeze.  These two probably pass each other by on a regular basis and never knew it so they had to meet via electromagnetic waves circling the globe and going up to satellites, and everything else before they knew..."oh...you live down the "unpaved road" from me!

Actually, though we are not that far as the crow flies, the roads and highways make us passing each other pretty remote.  When I moved here in the wee '70s, all of the Willapa Hills were connected by logging roads that had been rights of way for generations. The ownership has been numerous logging companies as well as public trusts and the state.   About twenty years ago, all the roads started getting gated and we were all locked out.   Lakes, rivers, streams, and vistas are no longer accessible.   I have an old friend maybe 25 miles away that it now takes over 70 to get to.  It's just state corporatism marching on.

Edited by Alder Logs, 26 February 2019 - 11:53 AM.

• SteampunkScientist and WolfWhiz like this

#13 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:33 PM

Ya, all the locked logging gates now because of theft and meth cooks... things have sure changed... I remember when most rods you had to crank your neck to look up to see sunlight.. not anymore:(

#14 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,698 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:59 PM

Man that sucks.  If that is "public" land I don't see how they can lock people out, but then I'm thinking logically, not politically.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!