• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ConcernedUser

ConcernedUser

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:55 AM

Hey guys. I ate some psilocybin cubensis Hawaiian shrooms 3 days ago (20th of february).
I weigh about 62,2 kilos and my friend ended up giving me 30 grams of shrooms and I ended up bad tripping. This was also the first time I tried shrooms.
The day after I felt really weak, like my bones would be easy to snap in half. Then later my throat started to hurt. And then later a little headache would ensue. Fastforward to this night, I felt really nauseus and I started freezing like a madman, even though I was completely drenched in sweat. This is now day 2 after eating the shrooms and my throat still aches a bit and my head still feels dizzy. My bones still feel incredibly weak. Should I be concerned? do you think this could come from the shrooms, or do you just think that I could have caught some sickness?
Best regards:
A Concerned User.

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,409 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:49 AM

Sounds like something else may have happened. 

Not having been there, I'm not sure what you ate as far as fungi. 

No way psilocybin could be effective past a couple of hours. The molecule is delicate and is easily oxidized or metabolized. 

#3 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:09 AM

No way psilocybin could be effective past a couple of hours. The molecule is delicate and is easily oxidized or metabolized.

I think you are fine but next time I surely would not eat 30g that's six times the heroic dose, I personally do not like to go above 4 grams dried. If you took 30g wet that equals around 3 grams dry and you shouldn't have had any problems... Don't let one bad experience dissuade you from future trips

#4 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:11 AM

I respectfully disagree.. I'm very sensitive to psychedelics and I almost always have tracers the next day so I think it's entirely possible that 30g would have much longer after effects for someone of similar sensitivity

#5 HooKworm

HooKworm

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:00 PM

I feel the same way today. I tripped on Monday and by yesterday I am freezing , aching all over , and weak.
  • DaveyJonez likes this

#6 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:40 PM

I think the dose was too high if you're sick after
  • deemesis likes this

#7 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:47 PM

Was it 30 dry grams or 30 fresh?
Did said friend have a dose of same shrooms and if so what aftereffects, if any, are they having?
  • coorsmikey likes this

#8 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,278 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:44 PM

The setting and surrounding have a great effect on your experience.

If you are taking an SSRI anti-depressant you have probably experienced a serotonin overdose.

Back in the day I would have effects beyond my shroom consumption due to all the real LSD I consumed. Kind of like a trigger mechanism.

My 2 cents

• Juthro and DaveyJonez like this

#9 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:03 PM

Whew! 30 grams of fresh shrooms would make me yack... thats a lot of fungi to digest... in all seriousness, the throat and headache makes me suspicious of a small allergic reaction to what ever he consumed or something on it...

Edited by WolfWhiz, 22 February 2019 - 05:05 PM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#10 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,948 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

I think Roc is onto something, look up serotonin syndrom.  It covers all the side effects your talking about.   Or there is also the possibility that you just picked up a bug or virus while you were tripping, and that it is a coincidence.

My advice to you is if you want to fly the friendly skys, start smaller.  Its not a machismo contest, so learn to walk before you try to run.

• roc, coorsmikey and DaveyJonez like this

#11 ConcernedUser

ConcernedUser

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:12 AM

Hey guys. I don't take any anti-depressants or any medication at all, except cannabis. and my last LSD ingestion must've been about 6-12 months ago.

And it was 30g fresh shrooms. The friend wasn't having any after effects. In fact, he actually hit the gym the day after.

Basically, my friend asked me if I wanted a high dose or a normal dose. I told him a normal dose would be more than enough, seeing as though it would be my first time even touching shrooms.

So he put me on a scale and we measured my weight to be 62,2 kilos. But the thing I found out some time later was that he never actually calculated the dose out from my actual weight. This dude calculated out from his own body weight, which is like 88 kilos. In short, my "normal" dose would've been 18 grams. He told me 30 grams would be a normal dose. Boy was he wrong.

I completely agree. Learn how to walk, before you learn to run. That was also the plan, in my head atleast.

Also, weakness is somewhat gone my throat is still slightly aching, but nowhere near what was yesterday and the day before that. The extreme freezing has passed aswell. The headache is gone too.

Apparently it's influenza season, and judging from what you guys have commented, I probably just caught that, while tripping due to a weakened immune system, maybe?

Also thanks for taking time to comment guys, it means the world that you guys care :)

• roc, Juthro and DaveyJonez like this

#12 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,353 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:11 AM

tumblr_morcpmLBFV1rnqwsco1_250.gif

We care a lot!

I don't think that dose is too big, it equals about 3g dry, which is a pretty normal dose, regardless of your weight. Fresh does have more actives though. Good luck next time! :biggrin:

• DaveyJonez likes this

#13 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:37 AM

Glad you're feeling better. An unfortunate coincidence of catching flu does seem more likely that a bad reaction to psilocybin. However, an intolerance to mushroom is not unheard of. Would usually manifest as gastrointestinal disturbance I think though...
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#14 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 1,986 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:30 AM

30 grams is probably too high a beginner dose, but not really a high dose.

There are a few arguments about it, but that whole body wieght calculating bit is pointless. You're taking a substance with a random amount of actives that affects people kind of randomly.

Probably coincidental illness, but those symptoms are pretty similar to serotonin syndrome.

You could very well have an allergy to chitin and have a bad reaction. Its the same as shellfish allergy.

I'm assuming the source is well trusted and these were a controlled grow.
  • Juthro, CatsAndBats and DaveyJonez like this

#15 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:47 PM

I thought I was starting my friend with a normal dose at 3.5 and he blasted the fuck off akin to a 5g+ dose so everyone is different and there is a lot of ambiguity
  • Juthro and WolfWhiz like this

#16 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 504 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:23 PM

i am sensitive so  in the past i have  taken  30% to 50%  smaller doses ,and was glad i did .

#17 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:43 PM

I thought I was starting my friend with a normal dose at 3.5 and he blasted the fuck off akin to a 5g+ dose so everyone is different and there is a lot of ambiguity

:rolleyes:

:ohmy:

:biggrin:

#18 ConcernedUser

ConcernedUser

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:12 PM

30 grams is probably too high a beginner dose, but not really a high dose.

There are a few arguments about it, but that whole body wieght calculating bit is pointless. You're taking a substance with a random amount of actives that affects people kind of randomly.

Probably coincidental illness, but those symptoms are pretty similar to serotonin syndrome.

You could very well have an allergy to chitin and have a bad reaction. Its the same as shellfish allergy.

I'm assuming the source is well trusted and these were a controlled grow.

He grew them himself and they were taken good care of.

I just researched shellfish allergy, and that stuff seems kinda scary XD

On an unrelated side-note the symptoms of Otitis kicked in 3 hours ago. Extreme pain in right ear followed by the sound of fluid build up and extreme discomfort, followed by extreme deafness in said ear, due to the fluid build up and increased preassure. And for the past hour I've been enjoying a nice high pitched ringing sound in said ear. I think it's safe to say that, this hasn't been my luckiest week in terms of health.  My mortal body needs some rest.  :meditate:

#19 PalatableAmbrosias

PalatableAmbrosias

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:44 PM

Sorry you were feeling so ill. As others have stated, I have to agree its likely not caused by the mushrooms. Although I have very little experience taking fresh shrooms, I'm not sure that was it either. (although that WOULD make ME feel icky)  Glad you're feeling better. I would definitely try a dry dose next time, and only when your physical and mental health is in top shape.  

• ConcernedUser likes this

#20 HooKworm

HooKworm

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:49 PM

Yeah. I figured out I had A strain of the flu just a couple days ago. So the shrooms had no guilt in my I’ll feelings. I eat my 10g once a month and usually feel refreshed afterwards. Guess one of the youngins brought me a gift home. I don’t have contam problems and no issues with high doses so I was a little perplexed.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!