• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:32 PM

I see that a lot of people use a hygro controller that keeps the humidity up, But as i am low on funds, Would it be okay to get a cheap hygrometer and use misting to keep humidity up? Would it even be okay to not have the hygrometer and just make sure to mist and fan once a day?

I looked for a topic on here about them, But could only find some people suggesting hygro controllers, And some that don't use them at all.

I am quite new to this and am unaware if these are necessities or just a good idea.

Thank you.

#2 Kola

Kola

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:41 PM

Hey man l think that depending on which tek you're using some of those things would help substantially but dont think any of its required. I am on my first grow with brf cakes so I am still learning to, what tek you going for?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,343 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

I see a lot of people that don't use them all. They can be handy especially for a neophyte on their first few experiments, but totally not necessary unless one has a very large grow room. Like Kola mentioned, it would help us help you if we knew what you're working with. I would bet you lunch that whatever you are working on, that your success will not be because you have a hygrometer on not.  

#4 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:51 PM

I apologize for not claryfing before. I am going for a bulk casing method despite claims i should go PF Tek on my first time. I had already bought the stuff before doing the research honestly, So i've just made sure to be extra careful. It seems though that i wont be needing the hygrometer at all since i'm only going to be using a tub and not a large grow room. Thank you both for your replies. the strain is PE

How would i tell if it's starting to dry out? Or does that matter if i make sure to mist and fan once a day?

Edited by TabbyBoy, 22 February 2019 - 07:52 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!