63 replies to this topic

#61 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:18 PM

If you can, do it more than once daily. Even 2x is better. Doing it when you wake up and before you go to bed makes it easy to remember.

IMO you really dont need a hydrometer. Unless you buy an expensive one that you can calibrate yourself, they are pretty inaccurate with high humidity.

It's pretty easy to gauge by eye if you're humid enough. There should be some condensation on the sides of the bin, but not dripping wet.

If you've got wet perlite on the bottom, your FC doesnt have a ridiculous amount of holes,and you're misting daily, you'll be fine, especially with a casing.

Edited by Deleena24, 13 March 2019 - 02:18 PM.

#62 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:34 PM

If you can, do it more than once daily. Even 2x is better. Doing it when you wake up and before you go to bed makes it easy to remember.

IMO you really dont need a hydrometer. Unless you buy an expensive one that you can calibrate yourself, they are pretty inaccurate with high humidity.

It's pretty easy to gauge by eye if you're humid enough. There should be some condensation on the sides of the bin, but not dripping wet.

If you've got wet perlite on the bottom, your FC doesnt have a ridiculous amount of holes,and you're misting daily, you'll be fine, especially with a casing.

I misted it again, I misted the perilite a little bit just cause I'm not seeing any kind of condensation. I hope im keeping it humid enough. I guess by this point all i can do is wait

#63 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:01 PM

Since you're using a casing, as long as you dont see the actual casing itself dry out, I'm sure theres enough RH in there. Keep that moist, not soaked, and it will do its job. Dont worry too much about not seeing condensation.

By "it" earlier, I mean not only misting, but fanning too. You've got the hard part out of the way. Keep up a routine of fanning and misting, and cubensis WANT to fruit. All you have left to do after that is be patient. The more you mess with it the more problems you'll occur.
  • roc likes this

#64 MycoAnt81

MycoAnt81

Myco Myco Myco Ant

• Free Member
  • 530 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:20 PM

IMHO, I have 3 of these, one on each 15g FC, not very expensive at all and is very accurate.
257d712718558c8c36079da5d7fae488.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!