• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TheBigRip

TheBigRip

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:12 AM

Hi everybody. I haven't managed to grow anything yet due to the spores most likely having been defective/dead. But I did procure some dried wavy caps (maybe cubensis) from someone. That person is not entirely honest so there are some caps missing. Ok, so the question is this, I want to make sure that the psilocybin is evenly distributed when taking it. Is it ok to grind the dried mushrooms together? When grinding to create a sort of coarsely ground mass does it accelerate psilocybin decomposition with time? Anything else I should know so that I don't lose any substance?

Thanks!

• wharfrat likes this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:15 PM

Hi everybody. I haven't managed to grow anything yet due to the spores most likely having been defective/dead. But I did procure some dried wavy caps (maybe cubensis) from someone. That person is not entirely honest so there are some caps missing. Ok, so the question is this, I want to make sure that the psilocybin is evenly distributed when taking it. Is it ok to grind the dried mushrooms together? When grinding to create a sort of coarsely ground mass does it accelerate psilocybin decomposition with time? Anything else I should know so that I don't lose any substance?

Thanks!

yes it is ok to grind together. Grinding will help the body break down easier, so maybe I tiny bit quicker response, but probably not enough to really make a difference. Tea also helps things go a little faster. I personally feel like you're going to have more actives in the stem vs. the caps (I could be wrong). wavy caps are usually cyanescens, a wood loving species from the great pacific northwest  :biggrin: they tend to be a little stronger than cubensis IMO.

• bezevo likes this

#3 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 966 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:53 PM

I would agree with wharfrat  .There just as much actives in stems as caps , one gram or two grams would be plenty for me ..

i attempted to find a thread on here on  cloning from dry material ....................a long shot ha

i couldn't find thread .

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,529 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:08 PM

I will see if I can dig up some threads on cloning dry specimens. I know Myc, Hippie3 and myself have some written, its just a matter of finding them lol. Wheres @catsandbats when ya need him? 

edit: here is a start. https://duckduckgo.c...anonical&ia=web

https://mycotopia.ne...html?1106008656

https://mycotopia.ne...m-dried-tissue/

If you have gill material you can also throw that on agar and grow it out from spores if you are trying to save a strain.

Edited by coorsmikey, 23 February 2019 - 08:15 PM.

• WolfWhiz likes this

#5 TheBigRip

TheBigRip

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:19 PM

Thank you , guys!

• Pan1 likes this

#6 TheBigRip

TheBigRip

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:21 PM

I will see if I can dig up some threads on cloning dry specimens. I know Myc, Hippie3 and myself have some written, its just a matter of finding them lol. Wheres @catsandbats when ya need him? 

edit: here is a start. https://duckduckgo.c...anonical&ia=web

https://mycotopia.ne...html?1106008656

https://mycotopia.ne...m-dried-tissue/

If you have gill material you can also throw that on agar and grow it out from spores if you are trying to save a strain.

Thanks, I actually did think about getting spores from them. I do not have agar but I did put the gilled caps into a plastic container and shook it so something would fall out. I didn't do it yet, but I was planning on throwing whatever comes out into my sterile prepared jars.

#7 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,529 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:28 PM

BigRip, you are looking to grow from dried material? I  thought you were just looking to homogenize and consume so I was replying to Bilcoz. Are you in one of those states that make it difficult to get spores?

On a side note, a lot of my mushrooms are missing caps because I cut them off to print. I don't think that qualifies me as dishonest. But I didn't realize that it could be perceived that way. Usually, when someone wants to eat all the caps, I'm like have it! You eat the caps and I'll eat the stems because I know I am getting all the weight and don't have to choke down the nasty caps lol Do you think I could put all caps in a bag and give them away and make someone's day?

Edited by coorsmikey, 23 February 2019 - 08:35 PM.

• WolfWhiz likes this

#8 TheBigRip

TheBigRip

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:22 AM

I intend to consume it. I just want to get some spores out to try growing them.
I am not sure about whether removing the caps is dishonest. I thought it was because I read that caps contain more psilocybin. If it’s more or less the same content then I see how it would be fine.

#9 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 820 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:34 PM

I intend to consume it. I just want to get some spores out to try growing them.
I am not sure about whether removing the caps is dishonest. I thought it was because I read that caps contain more psilocybin. If it’s more or less the same content then I see how it would be fine.

Go to agar first. Those mushrooms are going to be dirty from being handled and exposed to open air. You will need to clean them up by transferring multiple times to new agar. Also, you're not going to be able to separate out just the spores unless you have a centrifuge.

When I cloned dried fruitbodies, I just dropped in a piece of mushroom shrapnel into the agar and did transfers until it was clean. Thst might have been when I was dropping in specimens before the agar solidified (I didn't know how to do proper agar work), but I dont know if that mattered.

However if it is not cubensis, you may not be providing the right environment/food and you wouldn't know. Ask the person what species the mushrooms are and if they are cubensis.

Also, it isn't dishonest to skimp on the caps, unless it's done intentionally which you have no way of knowing. Some people like myself just don't care about caps vs stems.

#10 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,478 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:22 AM

Two words... Magic Bullet...

One of my most useful toys...

• WolfWhiz likes this

#11 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 820 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:01 PM

Oh Mikey had said you could grow from spores if you had the gills still. I stand corrected about separating, he knows way more than me!
  • Advocate4TheMT likes this

#12 Advocate4TheMT

Advocate4TheMT

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 374 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:22 PM

Oh Mikey had said you could grow from spores if you had the gills still. I stand corrected about separating, he knows way more than me!

We learn more from our mistakes. Fuck I hate that that’s true !!

Thank you for posting this.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!