• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:02 PM

PLEASE NOTE THAT ANYTHING I SAY IS OFF OF MY OWN EXPERIENCE AND COULD BE COMPLETELY FALSE IN YOUR EXPERIENCE. PLEASE RESEARCH AS MUCH AS YOU CAN BEFORE DECIDING TO TAKE ANY DRUG. DO NOT TAKE EVERYTHING I SAY FOR FACT.

For some time i did as much research as i could on the effects of smoking amanita muscaria, but i never found a good source of information on the effects. 

So here, I'd like to share my experience with this form of ingestion. 

I failed miserably my first time trying to consume the mushroom in a tea, I was dumb enough to take it off the heat way early and ended up with some stomach pain and throwing up. Next time i will be sure not to be an idiot and i will prepare it correctly. As for now i am letting my stomach heal after i poisoned it. 

As for smoking them, i am a big fan. I have done this at various times of the day and can share my experience with them. 

I received mine from a cheap online vendor on eBay.

METHODS OF SMOKING 

Most people smoke the red skin on top, Some smoke the whole thing, Some only smoke the gills. I'm here to tell you i found no real difference in them. I've done all three and still gotten the effects, It just tastes a little harsher when you use the whole thing. I try to only smoke the red skin because i would like to save the cap itself for ingestion orally when i plan to prepare them correctly.

Just like with cannabis, Letting the lighter only get close to the mushroom (Not letting it actually touch it) Will result in a smaller cherry and release the effects quicker since you aren't letting the flame burn it all up. 

Smoking it in a bowl seems to work better than smoking in a blunt or joint because the mushroom burns fast and releases a lot of smoke out of the front. I have no proof, But i hypothesize that smoking it in a bong doesn't give you as much of an effect due to the water filtering, So after doing this a couple times i stopped because when i do it dry in a bowl it seems to work better. (As i said i have no proof so please experiment yourself)

The resin that accumulates in the pipe from the mushroom is powerful as well.

EFFECTS OF SMOKING 

After a few minutes, Just like with a good indica, You start to get a very heavy head buzz, Kind of like a headache that doesn't hurt. (I wouldn't suggest using it to try to relieve headaches, It might make them worse)

the high stays for around 20-30 minutes, And i would say is very enjoyable. i find myself to have energy while on it, And don't seem to be hindered in my ability to think clearly like i would on some drugs. The "euphoric" effect of it is also very noticeable. I have not attempted to use it medically. 

I have smoked it before classes, And find no hindering on my ability to listen or study. Since the effects don't last very long, you're left with the happy euphoric feeling afterwards. (Again, I have not tried to use these to stop any depression or anxiety problems so please experiment yourself before attempting to use it medically.)

The visual effects seem to be amplified when mixed with cannabis, But i have no ability to know if this is because of my "Throw up" dose of 6gs opening my mind up to these visuals easier or not, Because they seem to come even when just smoking cannabis.

Still, Mixing it with cannabis is great, I would recommend a 1/2 and 1/2 mix of the herb, But still try yourself to see what you like best. 

VISUALS

I have not dosed them enough orally to be in the "Lucid dreaming" state some speak of, But the day i did the terrible mistake of a dose, I was aware of some visual effects 

they are almost like blotches of light that one would receive when looking at a light or the sun, But they are lined and can change to different shapes (sort of)

i thought i was seeing gears all over the wall. They were very faint though. 

Your eyes become VERY sensitive to light. The blotches of light come easily. I notices i looked up at a low brightness computer screen and i was left with a blotch that almost gave me a recognition of what the whole room looked like when i closed my eyes. 

There were many points that when i stared off and payed attention to my peripherals, I would notice the walls moving, and the corners of the room were vibrating. A very strange feeling indeed, Not very similar to LSD at all. 

SLEEPING

Some say you can lucid dream when smoking small amounts before bed. As i usually have trouble sleeping, I am yet to see this. What happens to me is i have problems sleeping, Then i get one VERY vivid dream that i am able to recall almost all of, Even visually. 

When i ingested it orally, I fell asleep multiple times extremely fast, But the ones around me kept me up (cause they thought i was dying or some shit).

I usually have trouble sleeping on any psychadelic, Or even cannabis, So please, As i said before, Get your own and test it out yourself. 

I am definitely an ameteur when it comes to things like this. That being said, I believe my information still has value and would have liked to see this information before I had bought it. 

If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask. i will continue to smoke them and test out different amounts with herb, And when my stomach is healed i will attempt the oral dose again. 

Thank you.

Edited by TabbyBoy, 23 February 2019 - 01:25 PM.

#2 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:34 PM

Wow that sounds as bad as me trying to smoke a Quaalude when I was a teen   <eg>

• coorsmikey likes this

#3 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:39 PM

Wow that sounds as bad as me trying to smoke a Quaalude when I was a teen   <eg>

Haha, That sounds like something one would do as a teen. I would definitely not consider smoking them a bad experience at all, But ingesting them orally without preparing them correctly resulted in the bad experience.

#4 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

Grin, the learning lessons of life... I still don't drink 30 years after drinking a half a 5th of Bacardi 151  :dry:

#5 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

Have you found a good herbal combo?

#6 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,353 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:23 PM

Smoking mushrooms is not wise IMHO. Tvcasualty has a really good point:

"Yeah, once isn't a problem (assuming it resulted no fungal infection in your lungs). But remember that the majority of the fruitbody of a mushroom consists of chitin (and spores are nearly 100% chitin). So it's like smoking shrimp shells, more or less."

https://mycotopia.ne...ooms/?p=1255461

• coorsmikey likes this

#7 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:08 PM

Never waste a good Roar 754!

Those were the days!

• CatsAndBats likes this

#8 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,353 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:13 PM

Never waste a good Roar 754!

Those were the days!

Can still get them in Mexico methinks. Damn I miss them.

#9 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:01 PM

To dry amanita dry enough to smoke, it is long dead.The only risk is inhaling some spores or any microbes that sample may have been harboring and survived the flame (maybe when you suck through first with a dry bong). But that is stretching, as every time we walk into a room with a FC we are inhaling cube spores. Chitin is a very close analog of cellulose which we smoke all the time. Chitin is a polysaccharide polymer made up of glucosamine units, cellulose is a polysaccharide polymer made up of glucose units. The pyrolysis products of tryptophan are much more dangerous.

By the way;I am pretty sure I would smoke shrimp shells if they got me high enough....... :smoking-hookah:

• Boebs likes this

#10 GORF

GORF

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:40 PM

Smoking Manndy on top of a bong hit of ganga was a favorite weekend college pastime

Couch gravity we called it. Two good rips and gravity was so strong you could rise from your seat. :)
  • PistolPete13 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!