45 replies to this topic

#1 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 285 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:36 AM

This is a serious inquiry, so please keep the jokes to a minimum. I have a friend who is unable to consume psilocybin orally without experiencing severe nausea. We have tried dry material, filtered tea as well as 4-AcO-DMT, and all of these resulted in horrible nausea. He's pretty discouraged and desperate.

I suspect that a rectal administration would require a much lower dose due to the bypassing of the digestive system. Has anyone ever tried this? I'd hate to get the dose way too high. We were thinking we'd start by making a tea with a low dose and syringe it in with a pipette, or alternatively put some 4-AcO-DMT in a capsule and suppository it. I thought I'd even try it in solidarity. Any advice/experiences/anecdotes would be much appreciated.

#2 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:19 AM

OK, I am holding th jokes... in all seriousness before administering it this way why not use EverClear or another high octane to make shooter... 

#3 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:00 AM

Bypassing digestion won't boost potency. Quite the opposite; the psilocybin (not psychoactive) won't get converted to psilocin (psychoactive).

#4 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 285 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:10 AM

OK, I am holding th jokes... in all seriousness before administering it this way why not use EverClear or another high octane to make shooter...

The issue seems to be related to a sensitive vagus nerve, as he is prone to severe nausea from other foods besides mushrooms/psilocybin. Bypassing the digestive system seems to be the way to go as he is able to smoke tryptamines with no problem whatsoever.

Bypassing digestion won't boost potency. Quite the opposite; the psilocybin (not psychoactive) won't get converted to psilocin (psychoactive).

Ahh I see, thanks for pointing that out. I wonder if this would be resolved by making a tea and introducing it enema style? Might be worth a try at least, I can't see anything going terribly wrong.

#5 TheBigRip

TheBigRip

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:46 PM

I would have tried this if it worked. I am wondering why it is that some people get such bad nausea reaction to shrooms. I have eaten 4 grams a day ago. It was not enough to give me a good trip and I never felt nauseous from them. I also do not mind the taste of the dried mushroom in my mouth. Tastes pretty good.

Would it help if you took anti nausea medication after consuming the mushroom? Maybe bismuth solution? It sinthe pink thick liquid that is supposed to help with. Brand name Pepto Bismarck says it helps with “Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea”. Something like Ativan is used to help chemotherapy patients to reduce nausea, but with shrooms it will suppress psilocybin effects due to how it works.

Another option which is probably the best is to smoke some weed about when you start feeling nausea. It should also make the shroom trip better.

#6 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:46 PM

Has he had damage to the vagus nerve? or any gastroparesis?

#7 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:49 AM

Lemon tek in the ass?

#8 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:49 AM

Lemon tek in the ass?
ROFLMAO - How much would that sting?
  • Saphroziac and DaveyJonez like this

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,421 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:53 AM

When life gives you lemons....

• Cuboid, DaveyJonez and WolfWhiz like this

#10 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:17 AM

..... Put em in your ass
  • Cuboid, LegoMyego and Psil0cybin like this

#11 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 285 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:40 PM

Would it help if you took anti nausea medication after consuming the mushroom? Maybe bismuth solution? It sinthe pink thick liquid that is supposed to help with. Brand name Pepto Bismarck says it helps with “Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea”. Something like Ativan is used to help chemotherapy patients to reduce nausea, but with shrooms it will suppress psilocybin effects due to how it works.

Another option which is probably the best is to smoke some weed about when you start feeling nausea. It should also make the shroom trip better.

He tried ginger and activated charcoal before the last attempt, and it wasn't helpful. Smoking cannabis isn't an option as he is trying to quit.

Has he had damage to the vagus nerve? or any gastroparesis?

I'm not sure but it seems based on my research that he has a sensitive vagus nerve due to a stress, unaddressed traumas, lack of exercise and generally poor health. He's an older fellow who was ostracized from his family and is generally a bit of a hermit. We participate in a psychedelics meet-up group together and he's frustrated because he can't find something that works for him, when many others in the group have found substances that work well for their particular physiology and psychology.

Seriously folks I don't find this very funny so if you don't have anything useful to contribute please don't clutter this thread with tired asinine "jokes". Also I'm wondering why my last post was deleted? If I posted something that shouldn't be here please let me know so I can avoid the mistake in the future.

#12 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:44 PM

Oh Sure and I get in trouble in the rant section and your joking about this subject :dry:

:bat:

:laugh:

• DonShadow likes this

#13 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:50 PM

Use them to make tea  :biggrin:

#14 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

Hi Don, I have been reading your posts and was impressed, I usually would not respond in a thread like this but since I like your style......I also had a great joke, but it was very much intended as harmless fun. I can see you are not in joking mood regarding this and I respect that. So, it is not hard to convert a tea into psilocin. You may not want to store it for any amount of time, but if you are planning on using it soon after preparation, it should be fine.

This will work without the weak acid but I would use it to be sure.

An Aqueous-Organic Extraction Method for the Isolation and Identification of Psilocin from Hallucinogenic Mushrooms

A representative sample of 2 to 10g of dried mushrooms is ground to a fine powder by
mortar and pestle. The powder is mixed with 100 mL of dilute acetic acid in a 250-mL
beaker. The pH is readjusted to pH 4 with glacial acetic acid. After standing 1 h, the beaker
is placed in a boiling water bath for 8 to 10 min or until the internal temperature of the acid
mixture reaches 70*C. The beaker is removed and cooled to room temperature under run-
ning water. The acid mixture is separated from the mushroom powder by suction filtration
using glass wool.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/4038992

Of course dilute acetic acid is vinegar which is not very palatable, but if it is destined to travel down the old dirt road, maybe that does not matter. Using lemon juice to drop the pH down to 4 and aid in extraction may be more palatable than vinegar, for the more orthodox methods.

Edited by PistolPete13, 25 February 2019 - 01:06 PM.

• Tenderfoot, Cuboid and DonShadow like this

#15 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:21 PM

Sorry Don. Perhaps mods wlt clean up this thread to help keep it serious?

#16 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 285 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:32 PM

Hi Don, I have been reading your posts and was impressed, I usually would not respond in a thread like this but since I like your style......I also had a great joke, but it was very much intended as harmless fun. I can see you are not in joking mood regarding this and I respect that. So, it is not hard to convert a tea into psilocin. You may not want to store it for any amount of time, but if you are planning on using it soon after preparation, it should be fine.

This will work without the weak acid but I would use it to be sure.

An Aqueous-Organic Extraction Method for the Isolation and Identification of Psilocin from Hallucinogenic Mushrooms

A representative sample of 2 to 10g of dried mushrooms is ground to a fine powder by
mortar and pestle. The powder is mixed with 100 mL of dilute acetic acid in a 250-mL
beaker. The pH is readjusted to pH 4 with glacial acetic acid. After standing 1 h, the beaker
is placed in a boiling water bath for 8 to 10 min or until the internal temperature of the acid
mixture reaches 70*C. The beaker is removed and cooled to room temperature under run-
ning water. The acid mixture is separated from the mushroom powder by suction filtration
using glass wool.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/4038992

Of course dilute acetic acid is vinegar which is not very palatable, but if it is destined to travel down the old dirt road, maybe that does not matter. Using lemon juice to drop the pH down to 4 and aid in extraction may be more palatable than vinegar, for the more orthodox methods.

Amazing, this is very helpful, thank-you PistolPete!  So a bulk solution of 10g mushroom material in 100ml vinegar would result in a fairly controllable dose of 1g per 10ml syringe. Since it won't be passing through the GI system I suspect the potency would be somewhat higher than an oral administration. I suspect that this could also be rationed and frozen for later use. I'll experiment with this on myself and report back here.

Edited by DonShadow, 25 February 2019 - 01:34 PM.

• PistolPete13 likes this

#17 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 285 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

Experiment #1: Water/mushroom extraction.

-*5.5g cracker dry cubensis finely ground with mortar and pestle.
-Mixed with *55ml of water and stirred constantly in small measuring cup suspended in pot of simmering water for 20 mins.
-Strained through coffee filter held with jar ring over mouth of pint sized mason jar.
-Squeezed filter/mushroom material well to extract as much liquid as possible.

*5.5g / 55 ml of water was used to accommodate for lost material after straining. 50ml water remained, which should provide roughly 1g per 10ml.

-At 10:30PM when solution cooled, a sterile 10ml syringe was loaded and liquid was self-administered rectally. I chose to start low to gauge potency using this ROA.

-I had not eaten anything since my light breakfast at 9:00AM.
-Onset was slow, occurring about 45-60 minutes in, typical for an oral dose. The effects were subtle, but definite. I sat and candle-gazed as I normally would.
-Body heaviness and a mild, dull ache in the lower back/kidneys presented at the 60 minute mark and would remain until the next morning.
-By the two hour mark, I felt certain that I was in for a very light trip, so I decided to cease the candle gazing and went outside for a walk. Light CEVs and typical mushroom symptoms, though quite subtle.
-At 1:30AM I shut out the lights and went to bed. I had no trouble getting to sleep, despite slight agitation, muscle tension and a slight ache in the throat (common but tolerable side-effects for me).
-I awoke with a strong urge to urinate at 2:30AM, still feeling high, and found the journey to the bathroom to be very awkward. I was strangely clumsy and uncoordinated, but managed to relieve myself and return to bed without problems.
-Awoke around 8:30AM feeling refreshed and normal, aside from minor lower-back ache which faded by the late morning.

For experiment #2, I will try an acidic extraction at the 1g cubensis level to see if this increases potency.

Edited by DonShadow, 11 March 2019 - 04:12 PM.

• Cuboid, Boebs, PistolPete13 and 1 other like this

#18 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 03:29 PM

Thanks for reporting on these experiments Don. Pardon my naïveté but isn't it annoying/distracting holding the liquid in you? Or does it get absorbed in a reasonable time? I'm sorry I am curious and promise to not make fun of the subject again.
Kind regards,
Cuboid.
  • DonShadow and PistolPete13 like this

#19 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 285 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:10 PM

I was worried about that myself, but no, there were no problems holding the liquid in at all. I didn't even notice it was in there. Also, I should add that I hadn't eaten since my very light breakfast at 9:00AM.

No worries about the jokes, I apologize for being so serious. I have a tendency to be a little anal from time to time ;) If you witnessed the severity of my friend's nausea you would understand my seriousness!

#20 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:27 PM

I didn't read the posts in this thread so if someone already mentioned an extract, please carry on.

https://mycotopia.ne...thanol-extract/

Pure ethanol extracts remove most if not all of the nausea causing compounds IME. 

• WolfWhiz likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!