hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:08 PM

Good info here:   https://mycotopia.ne...shrooms-anally/

Check for Golly's anal experiments in there.

Edited by hyphaenation, 14 March 2019 - 08:10 PM.

#42 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:32 PM

I personally would rather eat them raw, than use the back door.

But if I was to do this hyph, I would be asking you for a bottle of your freshly squeezed shroom juice..

Also thinking about it I can see free-basing psilocin potentially causing problems like sticking to the side of the vessel or to the sides of whatever contraption is used.

Edited by PistolPete13, 14 March 2019 - 09:26 PM.

#43 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:50 AM

Psilocybin dose-dependently causes delayed, transient headaches in healthy volunteers

Possible mechanisms for these observations are discussed, and include induction of delayed
headache through nitric oxide release. These data suggest that headache is an adverse event to be
expected with the nonmedical use of psilocybin-containing mushrooms as well as the administration
of psilocybin in human research. Headaches were neither severe nor disabling, and should not present a
barrier to future psilocybin research.

Attached File  johnson2012.pdf   622.53KB   10 downloads

#44 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 04:36 PM

Fascinating conversation.

I agree with Lego that there may likely be a positive benefit in going through a purge...or several for that matter. Especially if dude is not in the best state of physical/emotional wholeness.

I'm acquainted with peeps who booty bump aya over in Hawaii...but I have never thought to try it. I've not been bothered by the tastes of any of the plants myself.

But I do know that if I don't fast for at least a day before a journey of any type that I risk at least being nauseous, with mushshrooms and outright purging with aya.

The bit about the vagus nerve is important IMO. I actually think puking helps in a reset way around this connection.

The bit where McKenna talked about tryptamine molecules binding easily with melanin and seratonin receptors was definitely expressed in the book, "True Hallucinations" (i don't know about elsewhere).....it was Dennis that made this claim. He suggested that because all 3 of the molecules have similar outer electron shell structure that they binded easily and in a way that made them super conductive. Like when playing a harmonic note on a guitar string. The result was an activation of the neo-cortex f the brain which resulted in heightened sensory qualities and ultimately the suggestion that tryptamine induced hallucinations are not actually hallucinations at all but rather what is actually present in reality when our senses are able to compute them.
It was never stated in the book where Dennis gathered this knowledge....and I want to suggest that he was getting directly from the mushrooms, as he went pretty far 'out there' if I remember correctly. It's been a lot of years since I read that book.

The clinical studies that pointed toward %s of peeps getting nausea may not account for the wholeness of their inner landscape...or maybe some people just can't stomach the experience, quite literally.

But my gut says to puke and puke hard...get well as they say.

Edited by picapau, 28 March 2019 - 04:37 PM.

• LegoMyego likes this

#45 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 301 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:47 PM

Through persisting on this path of inquiry with my friend, I have learned a lot of things that I certainly didn't expect. My understanding of the meaning of relationship has progressed in great strides. I am able to perceive a kind of unseen dimensionality at work in my interactions with other people that I didn't see before. The intentions that we apply toward a rational understanding of a problem so often fall short of the mark, and yet, in our persistence, unexpected solutions can reveal themselves quite plainly. Now, this might sound strange to some, but it has become increasingly clear to me that the self I perceive is in fact only the sensory organ of a larger organism which is operating semi-autonomously throughout the collective. Through eating mushrooms and opening up my psyche to this higher mode of logic, it seems possible to understand, or at least be shepherded by the motivations of the unconscious on the transpersonal level. My myopic rational approach to my friend's nausea was only a necessary blunder that allowed me to see the folly of my ego, which was in desperation merely miming the qualities that I dislike most in my father, who used to attempt to treat every ailment as a dietary problem, or a symptom of insufficient exercise. In recognizing this, I not only found that I was able to make clearer sense of my friend's needs, desires and abilities, but I also located an in-road to uprooting the redundancies of my father's powerful residual influence on my psyche. I am inclined to say that I owe this realization to the commitment to eat mushrooms with my friend, rather than as a sober bystander. This method seems to open up more effectively to mutual learning, which I believe is a much more equanimous and realistic goal, for one with so little experience as I.

On another note, my friend has responded very well to vaporized DMT extracted from mimosa root bark, so he has something that works consistently for him. His first attempt with this extraction (40mg vaporized) resulted in a deep opening experience with little bodily discomfort. I will likely still attempt a rectal administration with an acid/base solution, but that can wait for now.

Edited by DonShadow, 09 April 2019 - 09:49 PM.

• coorsmikey, swayambhu, picapau and 2 others like this

#46 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:51 PM

The intentions that we apply toward a rational understanding of a problem so often fall short of the mark, and yet, in our persistence, unexpected solutions can reveal themselves quite plainly. Now, this might sound strange to some, but it has become increasingly clear to me that the self I perceive is in fact only the sensory organ of a larger organism which is operating semi-autonomously throughout the collective.

that was fucking cool to read

and a great post.

glad your friend found a way to open those gates~

#47 Severian

Severian

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:13 PM

I agree with Lego that there may likely be a positive benefit in going through a purge...or several for that matter. Especially if dude is not in the best state of physical/emotional wholeness.

I have some light to shed on this subject from a different angle.

I spent 4.5 months in Southern Colombia, building a house for a family of Taita's (Shaman/Ayahuscueros) in exchange for ceremonies and learning traditional techniques for making the medicine.

When we think of psychadelics and purging, Ayahuasca is definitely one of the ones that comes first to mind.

Their conception of what the purge process is, is incredibly interesting, and completely at odds with what we've all learned growing up in a western culture.

We've learned, from the time that we're little, that purging, especially vomitting (including nausea as well) is a gross and terrible experience, and to be avoided at all costs. So, when we encounter these experiences that are so common with psychadelic substances, we fight them-

The way that they look at it is exactly the opposite; the purge is an absolutely necessary and desired part of the process. They say that they physical body is literally calcifying toxic, negative mental and emotional energy that we've been carrying around subconsciously, or haven't learned how to get ahold of, or entities that have gotten attached to us through all kinds of different ways.

So, you start feeling physically ill; and then eventually you vomit, and all of that 'psychic goop' (for lack of a better term)- that has been clogging the various channels, energetic and otherwise, gets transmuted into physical substance, that the body is then able to expel on the physical plane.

From personal experience, in a great, great, number of purges, It's my opinion this is the closest thing to an accurate description of the process that I've so far come across.

There are a few practical things to take away here, but I'll share a few personal anecdotes first.

One. First ever mushroom experience- Fought the nausea, had a ' bad trip' until I finally threw up- and then 'infinite light' is the best way to describe it, words dont do it justice. I'm sure many of you have had similarly dramatic before/after juxtapositions.

Two. with Ayahuasca-  It's customary to fast before the ceremony. This particular one I had engaged in a longer fast than normal. It was 2 or 3 days; certainly enough time for there to be absolutely no food still left in my system.  When the purge came; it was physically A LOT. Which made no sense as far as normal conceptions of how the body operates go-   I didnt have anything physical in me to expel, and yet there it was, staring me in the face. Where did it come from?

Take Aways.

One.

Change your perception of the nausea/purge process. Our bodies are literally, quite probably the most highly advanced technology on the planet. And your continually chattering monkey mind is barely a new born in comparison to the time its taken for your physical vessel to evolve. It knows what the fuck to do.  Feel it and let it do its job- and Thank it! for taking care of all the psychic crap that you've been carrying around, and look forward to it, and look forward to the glowing light that will come once you clean your house. Personal hygiene is more than brushing your teeth and taking a shower every once in a while.

Two.  The longer that you hold the medicine in, the stronger the purge is going to be.   But, please friends, MORE/LONGER does not necessarily equal BETTER.  This is a 'trust your body' thing-  If you feel like you can't possibly take it anymore, than there are certain tricks to induce purging, which I'll get into in a minute, but dont try and be a superhero (though in those moments that is certainly the last thing on your mind.  I can say personally that 18 hours of waiting to purge on ayahuasca is NOT what you're looking for every time. Though afterwards was certainly an 'every action has an equal and opposite reaction' type of thing :)

Tricks to induce purging.

There is a reason that it's said that Ayahuasca and Tobacco are close friends- And while we're talking about mushrooms here, the same spirit (ha) applies.   Tobacco is a purgative- in situations of intense physical nausea,  a GOOD QUALITY cigar (or homegrown tobacco if possible)- Chief that thing until you let it all out.

Singing/Dancing.

There are so many facets of this realm that are unknown / not easy to describe or explain. Negative energy can take various forms. If the word 'Entity' that I'm about to use turns you off, replace it with whatever other word fits in with your mental dictionary, and try not to dismiss what I'm going to describe.

One ceremony, I had a difficult time purging- was feeling terrible nausea for hours. four or five- Finally, I realized that whatever it was was not going to leave on its own; and so I started cheifing a cigar and doing everything I could to start the process. After a whole cigar, I was feeling even more terrible, but also closer to eliminating whatever it was-  I then became aware of a sentience, like anger/rage personified, and it was as if I could feel its claws, and each time I made progress and willing it to go, it clawed its way back into my belly. Finally, in a moment of revelation/despair/Strength, I began chanting some song I'd never heard before- lots of vowels,  and  stomping/dancing around on the ground violently.  Almost instantly after beginning that, I felt that energy lose its grip and almost RUN to get out of my body. I had an excellent purge and felt lighter than I ever had up until that point.

Three.

If purging is a process of psychic cleansing; then pre-loading the ingestion with cleansing practices can go a long way to eliminating or diminishing the purge process.

Fasting- Just water fasting, or even just avoiding toxins- Cigarettes, Alcohol, Caffeine, Milk, processed foods, sugar (also sex), other substances- this all goes a long way.

Hope these words are helpful

• coorsmikey, Skywatcher, LegoMyego and 1 other like this

#48 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:09 PM

Hi Don, I have been reading your posts and was impressed, I usually would not respond in a thread like this but since I like your style......I also had a great joke, but it was very much intended as harmless fun. I can see you are not in joking mood regarding this and I respect that. So, it is not hard to convert a tea into psilocin. You may not want to store it for any amount of time, but if you are planning on using it soon after preparation, it should be fine.

This will work without the weak acid but I would use it to be sure.

An Aqueous-Organic Extraction Method for the Isolation and Identification of Psilocin from Hallucinogenic Mushrooms

A representative sample of 2 to 10g of dried mushrooms is ground to a fine powder by
mortar and pestle. The powder is mixed with 100 mL of dilute acetic acid in a 250-mL
beaker. The pH is readjusted to pH 4 with glacial acetic acid. After standing 1 h, the beaker
is placed in a boiling water bath for 8 to 10 min or until the internal temperature of the acid
mixture reaches 70*C. The beaker is removed and cooled to room temperature under run-
ning water. The acid mixture is separated from the mushroom powder by suction filtration
using glass wool.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/4038992

Of course dilute acetic acid is vinegar which is not very palatable, but if it is destined to travel down the old dirt road, maybe that does not matter. Using lemon juice to drop the pH down to 4 and aid in extraction may be more palatable than vinegar, for the more orthodox methods.

Amazing, this is very helpful, thank-you PistolPete!  So a bulk solution of 10g mushroom material in 100ml vinegar would result in a fairly controllable dose of 1g per 10ml syringe. Since it won't be passing through the GI system I suspect the potency would be somewhat higher than an oral administration. I suspect that this could also be rationed and frozen for later use. I'll experiment with this on myself and report back here.

Wow, you're such a great friend! That guy is lucky to have you in his life. You're going to great lengths to help him get what he needs. What a pal! Glad you're part of this community :)

• Pakil likes this

#49 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,805 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:36 PM

The way that they look at it is exactly the opposite; the purge is an absolutely necessary and desired part of the process. They say that they physical body is literally calcifying toxic, negative mental and emotional energy that we've been carrying around subconsciously, or haven't learned how to get ahold of, or entities that have gotten attached to us through all kinds of different ways.

I totally enjoyed reading your post Severian, and agree with what you have been taught. Mescalito was the teacher that brought me to a similar understanding of the need and purpose of the purge. Thank you for sharing from your experience.

@DonShadow, Every post and subject you share is a facinating read to me. I relate to so much of what you share, although you weave your words into a far more beautiful tapestry................

Thank you

• coorsmikey and Pakil like this

#50 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,403 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:52 PM

I spent 4.5 months in Southern Colombia, building a house for a family of Taita's (Shaman/Ayahuscueros) in exchange for ceremonies and learning traditional techniques for making the medicine.

When we think of psychadelics and purging, Ayahuasca is definitely one of the ones that comes first to mind.

Their conception of what the purge process is, is incredibly interesting, and completely at odds with what we've all learned growing up in a western culture.

We've learned, from the time that we're little, that purging, especially vomitting (including nausea as well) is a gross and terrible experience, and to be avoided at all costs. So, when we encounter these experiences that are so common with psychadelic substances, we fight them-

So, you start feeling physically ill; and then eventually you vomit, and all of that 'psychic goop' (for lack of a better term)- that has been clogging the various channels, energetic and otherwise, gets transmuted into physical substance, that the body is then able to expel on the physical plane.

From personal experience, in a great, great, number of purges, It's my opinion this is the closest thing to an accurate description of the process that I've so far come across.

There are a few practical things to take away here, but I'll share a few personal anecdotes first.

One. First ever mushroom experience- Fought the nausea, had a ' bad trip' until I finally threw up- and then 'infinite light' is the best way to describe it, words dont do it justice. I'm sure many of you have had similarly dramatic before/after juxtapositions.

Two. with Ayahuasca-  It's customary to fast before the ceremony. This particular one I had engaged in a longer fast than normal. It was 2 or 3 days; certainly enough time for there to be absolutely no food still left in my system.  When the purge came; it was physically A LOT. Which made no sense as far as normal conceptions of how the body operates go-   I didnt have anything physical in me to expel, and yet there it was, staring me in the face. Where did it come from?

Take Aways.

One.

Change your perception of the nausea/purge process. Our bodies are literally, quite probably the most highly advanced technology on the planet. And your continually chattering monkey mind is barely a new born in comparison to the time its taken for your physical vessel to evolve. It knows what the fuck to do.  Feel it and let it do its job- and Thank it! for taking care of all the psychic crap that you've been carrying around, and look forward to it, and look forward to the glowing light that will come once you clean your house. Personal hygiene is more than brushing your teeth and taking a shower every once in a while.

Two.  The longer that you hold the medicine in, the stronger the purge is going to be.   But, please friends, MORE/LONGER does not necessarily equal BETTER.  This is a 'trust your body' thing-  If you feel like you can't possibly take it anymore, than there are certain tricks to induce purging, which I'll get into in a minute, but dont try and be a superhero (though in those moments that is certainly the last thing on your mind.  I can say personally that 18 hours of waiting to purge on ayahuasca is NOT what you're looking for every time. Though afterwards was certainly an 'every action has an equal and opposite reaction' type of thing :)

Tricks to induce purging.

There is a reason that it's said that Ayahuasca and Tobacco are close friends- And while we're talking about mushrooms here, the same spirit (ha) applies.   Tobacco is a purgative- in situations of intense physical nausea,  a GOOD QUALITY cigar (or homegrown tobacco if possible)- Chief that thing until you let it all out.

Singing/Dancing.

There are so many facets of this realm that are unknown / not easy to describe or explain. Negative energy can take various forms. If the word 'Entity' that I'm about to use turns you off, replace it with whatever other word fits in with your mental dictionary, and try not to dismiss what I'm going to describe.

One ceremony, I had a difficult time purging- was feeling terrible nausea for hours. four or five- Finally, I realized that whatever it was was not going to leave on its own; and so I started cheifing a cigar and doing everything I could to start the process. After a whole cigar, I was feeling even more terrible, but also closer to eliminating whatever it was-  I then became aware of a sentience, like anger/rage personified, and it was as if I could feel its claws, and each time I made progress and willing it to go, it clawed its way back into my belly. Finally, in a moment of revelation/despair/Strength, I began chanting some song I'd never heard before- lots of vowels,  and  stomping/dancing around on the ground violently.  Almost instantly after beginning that, I felt that energy lose its grip and almost RUN to get out of my body. I had an excellent purge and felt lighter than I ever had up until that point.

Three.

If purging is a process of psychic cleansing; then pre-loading the ingestion with cleansing practices can go a long way to eliminating or diminishing the purge process.

Fasting- Just water fasting, or even just avoiding toxins- Cigarettes, Alcohol, Caffeine, Milk, processed foods, sugar (also sex), other substances- this all goes a long way.

Hope these words are helpful

Bump! this just needed to be repeated!

• Skywatcher, LegoMyego and Pakil like this

#51 LegoMyego

LegoMyego

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:57 PM

I like the idea of purging getting the negative energy out of your body.  When I first started taking shrooms, I threw up everytime.  I hated it and fought it every time.  Once I let go and accepted it was just part of the journey, suddenly I don't get nauseous anymore when taking them.  

I really cannot think of any physiological reason why the nausea would have stopped.  Perhaps I expelled all my negative energy and something more positive entered in.  It feels that may be the case.

#52 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,271 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:24 PM

Please excuse me, I did nor read the entire thread. Anyone who experiences nausea when eating our fungal friends should try to get their hands on zofran or promethazine. Take it on an empty stomach an hour before ingesting your fungus. Promethazine prevents motion sickness, and treats nausea and vomiting after surgery. Zofran blocks the actions of chemicals in the body that can trigger nausea and vomiting. Both can cause drowsiness, but should help big time.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!