• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 elephantshoes

elephantshoes

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:29 PM

so incredibly unboring...will be keeping this technique in mind for my puffball mycelium experiments...ty for sharing  :smile:

My apologies if this is boring - I know it's sort of a bunch the same thing without any conclusions.

I've been trying 1.5mL micro centrifuge tubes for starting the oats, and so far I think they're the best choice. $0.03 each. They're the perfect size for one oat and a drop or two of spore solution. Trich shows up before the psilocybe germinates, so far, and so it's easy to weed out the failed tubes. I have a batch of cubensis from a syringe and a batch of azurescens from a print in progress in these tubes, will post pictures once they're more photogenic. I'm still finding success rates of around 1/3, which I think is fine.

I tried some other small containers which turned out to slowly absorb water, leading to everything drying out. Whoops.

Everything is moving slowly due to the low temperatures in my space, but hopefully I'll have progress to share soon.

Here's a picture of a very rhizomorphic P. cubensis on cardboard.

<script data-pagespeed-no-defer type="text/javascript">//b||1342177279>>=1)c+=c;return a};q!=p&&null!=q&&g(h,n,{configurable:!0,writable:!0,value:q});var t=this;function u(b,c){var a=b.split("."),d=t;a[0]in d||!d.execScript||d.execScript("var "+a[0]);for(var e;a.length&&(e=a.shift());)a.length||void 0===c?d[e]?d=d[e]:d=d[e]={}:d[e]=c};function v(b){var c=b.length;if(0=c.offsetWidth&&0>=c.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{d=c.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=d.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);d=d.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+d;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.g.height&&d<=b.g.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.c[e]=!0)}y.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&z(this,b)};u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){x.checkImageForCriticality(b)});u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){A(x)});function A(b){b.b={};for(var c=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],d=0;d=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.i&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(B())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),c=!0);C=a;if©{d=b.h;b=b.j;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch®{try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(D){}}f&&(f.open("POST",d+(-1==d.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}}function B(){var b={},c;c=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(!c.length)return{};var a=c[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var d=0;a=c[d];++d){var e=a.getAttribute("data-pagespeed-url-hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].o&&a.height>=b[e].m)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b}var C="";u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return C});u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,c,a,d,e,f){var r=new y(b,c,a,e,f);x=r;d&&w(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){A®},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://mycotopia.ne...ums&module=ajax┬žion=topics&do=quote&t=105525&p=1402094&md5check=4a6e7b7764589a58080ea46b1d807c13&isRte=1,lMGhzzyjA5,true,false,98PndmqNuVE'); //]]></script> attachicon.gifrhizo.JPG&&0){for(var>)throw>

#42 piggy

piggy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:23 PM

can you put agar in the centrifuge tube? how to remove the agar from it tho?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!