3 replies to this topic

#1 lovebunny

lovebunny

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:45 PM

Hi!

I want to grow caynescens and am trying to piece things together.  It is new stuff to me.  I haven't done much gardening!

I'm thinking Lovebunny might not be the best name!  It seemed appropo of the shrooms and woodsy, but I'm a dude.  I'm not sure it fits!

There is a lot of good info on the site!  I'm understanding the need for sterilization, keeps the invasive bacteria and mold away, yes?

LB

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,723 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:59 AM

Welcome LB!

You are correct. Sterilization and pasteurization level the playing field by suppressing or eliminating competitors from a substrate. 

#3 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:02 AM

lovebunny seems like a great name to me!!

I am a dude and honestly, I would love to make love like a bunny!! Bunnies spend a lot of time getting down!!

Welcome Hombre!

#4 lovebunny

lovebunny

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:05 PM

Thanks for the welcome and input.  Micophiliac & El Jardinero I have appreciated your comments to posts.  Thanks for guidance.  PJ, thanks for the welcome and getting down like a bunny would offer it's own rewards!

Any input to the following grow project would be appreciated:

I purchased some syringes of Cyanescens to attempt my first grow.  I have permission to grow on a property on Whidbey Island.  I have a bunch of fresh wood chips, chipped last week.  Other than that I don't know much.  I wanted to create a few outdoor beds, I'm assuming I use wood chips plus enrichers, i.e. compost etc.? 

I understand the need for pasturization.  I was thinking of getting a big container like an oil drum, loading it with the growing media (chips, compost, etc.?) and water, building a fire under it and getting it up to time/temp for pasturization.

After that, I'm guessing I make the beds in half sun/half shade sort of environments, and maybe make the beds up to 6 inches deep?

Questions:

1) Fresh wood chips OK, and what for media augmentation?

2) Plant in 3-6" of chips/media?

3) Plant in 50/50 Sun/shade mix?

4) Pasturize as above, in water?

5) How/when do I plant?  Is Feb/March ok for Fall crop?

6) What does the 'planting' process look like with syringes?

Many many many thanks.

I do have the Stamatz, 'Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms' but in a quick read I still was confused.  If you could point me to sources, ie other books, or help me understand Stamatz 'G&M shrooms' it would be greatly appreciated.

LB

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!