6 replies to this topic

#1 lovebunny

lovebunny

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:53 PM

Hello,

I like being here!  I'm curious and want to learn more about growing and hunting mushrooms.

I like the things they bring:  Love, unity, feeling of the divine and sacred.  I've had some of the most profound experiences in my life after eating mushrooms.

LB

#2 Acidictoes

Acidictoes

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:04 PM

Hi lovebunny!
I`m new here and quite curious as well.

Has allmost landed after my best tripp ever, and feel very familiar with your description :)

I`m a newbe to growing, and have made one successful cake that has birthed out.
but made some mistakes, where dumping was done wrong, was one of the mistakes.
not alot of shrooms, but some

Got several cakes on the way that seems promising, where i wait for pinning signs on two of them.

Learned that they should stay "cold" before pinning

can see some clusters of "knots", is that early pins?

#3 Harlow

Harlow

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:54 AM

Learned that they should stay "cold" before pinning can see some clusters of "knots", is that early pins?

Hey Acidicroes,

I'm pretty new here also, but just finished my first grow.  What you are seeing may actually be primordia, it is a good sign of growth.  As the mycelium continues to grow it will knot up like that in some places.  You may get pins there, or you may not.  But it is a sign the mycelium is growing and getting a stronger hold on your growth medium, assuming cakes.  While my cakes where colonizing I tried to keep them around 78, I think you want around 76-81.  After I birthed them I tried to keep it around 75.

I'm my probation period also so I am trying to get a post in, while adding some knowledge to my conversation.  Let anyone add more accurate info to this, or correct me on anything.  Thanks!

#4 picapau

picapau

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:19 AM

posting in a probationary post thread ;)

I grew a few ounces years ago on rice cakes and was very successful....but I don't have much knowledge to add as I was just following the instructions at the erowid site.

This spring I am going to be trying to case a few different cakes and get a bigger yield. I'm looking forward to gaining some knowledge from the minds here.

One thing I do remember from my prior experience was that I had a subtle, almost micro-dose effect, going on during the whole fruiting and drying process. The terrarium was in my bedroom. Maybe it was some type of proximity thing?  or maybe imagined? 

either way the journeys I had on the mushrooms I grew were much more impactful on me than others and I also fund that I took smaller doses to reach similar states.  

• AndyBaLLz likes this

#5 rockybia

rockybia

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 02:51 PM

This is one of the best hobbies in the world. Good luck with it and enjoy the love and unity.

• coorsmikey likes this

#6 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 671 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2019 - 03:08 PM

welcome all you new MYCO PHILES HEH !

#7 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator