• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:20 PM

Today i'm preparing some tea with the 17 grams of amanita muscaria i have left.  I have never successfully dosed them before because last time i didn't prepare them correctly. This time i am being careful. 

I'm using 5 cups of water that I've already brewed some chamomile based tea into. 

The distributor i bought them from did not dry them enough, So i am drying them to "Cracker dry" in the oven at 180 F. 

I've now put them into the tea and mixed. Now i will leave it for an hour and keep the temp at 190

_

I let it boil for 1 hour and 20 minutes, And temperature fluctuated the whole time. Barely did it ever get to 200, But never over. Sometimes it went lower than 180 but this is the reason for why i left it in extra long. 

Even though i kept adding water as it went, It only ended up being 4 cups. So i'm taking 1 cup mixed with some Arnold Palmer. I am slowly sipping it because i have a weak stomach, especially after poisoning myself last time. 

The time is now 9:00 PM

I will be keeping this updated as the "trip" goes.

9:30 PM 

i believe i'm starting to feel the head high people speak of. I cant tell if its the herb I'm smoking or not, But since it's sativa i don't believe it would bring along this intense of a head high. 

10:05 I've sipped half the cup by now, I'm going to finish it soon. I can see lines of light all over my room, and when i close my eyes i see blotches of light that change colors and take forms of patterns or objects.

10:27 I just sipped the rest of the tea down, i see shapes im unaware of floating and moving around. I will experiment with a higher dose. now i will sleep and see if i have these vivid dreams people speak of.

Edited by TabbyBoy, 27 February 2019 - 11:28 PM.

• Pan1, FilzShroom and DaveyJonez like this

#2 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:35 AM

It is now 7:30 AM. I definitely didn't have these vivid dreams, I think it may have either been due to me taking it all then immediately going to sleep, Or maybe it wasn't enough. I will up my dose to a cup and a half a week from now. Any input or suggestions you have would be appreciated.

And can anyone give me a good method of cold extraction?

Edited by TabbyBoy, 28 February 2019 - 09:09 AM.

#3 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 301 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:33 PM

Thanks for sharing this Tabby, good on you for documenting your experiments. I'll be following with interest.

So it sounds like you consumed the equivalent of about 4.25 grams, which, from what I've read, is a fairly substantial dose. I have a pretty good stash of Amanita muscaria var. flavivolvata which I picked locally. I'm planning to simply eat the dried material and see where that takes me. I'll probably start with 2g and work up from there.

I'm looking forward to reading more about your experiences, thanks!

Edited by DonShadow, 28 February 2019 - 03:34 PM.

#4 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:53 PM

Thanks for sharing this Tabby, good on you for documenting your experiments. I'll be following with interest.

So it sounds like you consumed the equivalent of about 4.25 grams, which, from what I've read, is a fairly substantial dose. I have a pretty good stash of Amanita muscaria var. flavivolvata which I picked locally. I'm planning to simply eat the dried material and see where that takes me. I'll probably start with 2g and work up from there.

I'm looking forward to reading more about your experiences, thanks!

It felt pretty light of a dose. I will take 2 cups next time.

#5 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:13 AM

When I ate A.Muscaria we sliced them and semi dried the pieces in an oven on low temp with the door ajar. We ate a couple of slices(would have been a lot more than 2 grams) each and nobody had anything to report back from the experience?

Also it tasted badly, I can remember that. I have read people saying they taste really nice, not this one! maybe it was the way we prepared it but..... :thumbs_down:

And can anyone give me a good method of cold extraction?

METHOD FOR PRODUCING MUSCMOL AND/OR REDUCING IBOTENIC ACID FROM AMANITA TISSUE

Amanita tissue was manually cleaned to remove debris, and was there
after shade-dried in a dehydrator for approximately 36 hours
at 155 degrees F. Thereafter, the dried tissue was inspected
after drying to verify it is dry to approximately 0.3% to 5%
water by weight. The dried tissue was then ground to a fine
powder using a bungrinder. A quantity of 300 grams or more
was ground per batch, and placed in a single container
capable of forming a hermetic seal.
0015 Thereafter, the dried powder was stirred for 2 min
utes, then shaken in the sealed container for approximately 2
minutes to ensure homogeneity of the sample and account for
differences in sample tissues. Next, 60 grams of powder were
combined with 60 ounces of cold, distilled water, in a con
tainer capable of forming a hermetic seal. The combined
powder in aqueous solution was then placed in a refrigerator
at approximately 42 degrees F. for about 5 days, with inter
mittent agitation to enhance the mixture of the contents. After
5 days, the contents were filtered by pouring through a cotton
sieve sized sufficiently to remove all solids contained in the
mixture. The solids were then discarded, and the filtrate was
combined with additional distilled water sufficient to create a
total of 60 ounces, as needed.

https://patents.goog...t/US20140004084

From the same patent;

The present disclosure relates to methods for pro-
ducing a product having increased muscimol and/or ibotenic
acid from Amanita tissues (excluding Amanita phalloides and
Amanita virosa).

This is the procedure for example of increasing the muscimol content of the filtrate.

Additionally, a second sample, “HCl as shown in
FIG. 1, Reagent grade HCl was diluted with distilled water at
a ratio of 7:1 water to HCl, and then added to a portion of the
untreated, undiluted filtrate, in sufficient quantity to lower pH
to 2.6. The sample was then maintained at 195 degrees to 212
degrees for 3 hours. The results of the ratio of muscimol to
ibotenic acid for the HCl are shown in FIG. 1, which resulted
in a ratio of 53.89 muscimol to ibotenic acid, as compared to
the control sample of 0.29 muscimol to ibotenic acid.

Edited by PistolPete13, 06 March 2019 - 02:36 AM.

#6 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:20 PM

I am sorry if I complicated your thread tabby.....

But now the deed has been done.....

I have not been paying attention to Amanitas, so I do not know if everybody is aware of this. But as pointed out in the patent above you can make an aqueous extraction like above then ferment it with Lactobacillus and it converts 92.77% of the ibotenic acid to muscimol. You can then filter and pastuerize it, in the patent it says you can tell it fermented correctly because the taste goes from sweet to sour. Also Lactobacillus Plantarum which they use in the patent is available anywhere you can buy health supplements. I was going to get into detail, but fermenting is enough for now.

Edited by PistolPete13, 07 March 2019 - 07:21 PM.

#7 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:48 PM

I am sorry if I complicated your thread tabby.....

But now the deed has been done.....

I have not been paying attention to Amanitas, so I do not know if everybody is aware of this. But as pointed out in the patent above you can make an aqueous extraction like above then ferment it with Lactobacillus and it converts 92.77% of the ibotenic acid to muscimol. You can then filter and pastuerize it, in the patent it says you can tell it fermented correctly because the taste goes from sweet to sour. Also Lactobacillus Plantarum which they use in the patent is available anywhere you can buy health supplements. I was going to get into detail, but fermenting is enough for now.

I am very interested in the fermenting technique. However, Im taking the rest this weekend so i'm short on time. I planned on bringing it back to temp for another hour or so to do the deed again if it wasn't done the first time. you did not complicate my thread, You did however add information to it which i greatly appreciate.  Thank you for your input and it will definitely use any information you gave me as needed.

• PistolPete13 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!