• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cg3p0

cg3p0

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:57 AM

Having issues with pan cambo sandose not growing tall.  First flush grew caps right on top casing, some caps only developed half the cap the rest appeared buried but never developed.  And the caps were very dark brown and wavy with fat stump stem.  Pretty sure humidity was too high as when it was decreased it the caps lightened up to more so thier normal color.  Huge pain to harvest like that.  Second flush underway, using much lower humidity and they are not as wavy this time and are a lighter color as well but still seem to be opening too soon while still extremely short.  Any suggestions.

Edited by cg3p0, 03 March 2019 - 12:59 PM.

#2 SkeleDan

SkeleDan

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:52 AM

Damn.  I can't lend any advice, just my support.  Hope you get it figured out!  I'm about to grow some pans as well, hoping for the best, but I've heard a lot of people run into difficulties with them.  

#3 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:41 PM

Got some pics?

#4 cg3p0

cg3p0

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 01:30 PM

Sorry didnt get any pics of first flush, they were much bigger and darker in color  and extremely wavy like Psilocybe cyanescens caps and it was a much heavier flush.  Second flush here, much smaller and lighter about dime sized.

sand1.jpg

sand2.jpg

sand3.jpg

sand4.jpg

#5 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2019 - 01:35 PM

I've had entire colonies flush like that, not really sure why. I top light all of my colonies, cubes and exotics, to have them grow towards the light source. It almost always works.

Maybe peacefrog knows why. :biggrin:

#6 cg3p0

cg3p0

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 01:38 PM

Lights are on top here 12/12 6500k floro.  

Edited by cg3p0, 03 March 2019 - 01:40 PM.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2019 - 01:52 PM

Lights are on top here 12/12 6500k floro.  

Not sure if it's environmental. I had one colony do the goofy thing sitting right next to a colony with the same genetics(MS)/germination conditions/substrate/etc..

#8 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:23 AM

I had some tubs that I had the top(GE) holes stuffed too tight with polyfil, and the bottoms looser(didn't know what I was doing at the time) and they(cubes, B+) grew short with fat stems, thick caps that had creases around it, sort of like a glass soda bottle cap(the ones you pry off with a tool haha), and some had the caps growing seemingly on the surface. I think because there was more fae near bottom than the top, because of the tightness of poly in the the top holes. Just sounded like the same situation, I could be wrong.

Edited by Billcoz, 04 March 2019 - 11:25 AM.

#9 thehawk420

thehawk420

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:23 PM

I had the same thing happen several times and posted about it on here.  I was told that it was most likely just bad genetics.

• PJammer24 likes this

#10 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:14 PM

Yes it could be bad genetics, that is a possiblity.

How deep was your casing?
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#11 cg3p0

cg3p0

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 01:31 PM

Was wondering about genetics, but this is multi spore, thought some would have popped up.  After increasing the internal airflow/evaporation and decreasing humidity some are standing a little taller.  Getting first signs of the green monster so dug it out of the tray and noticed the inside of the substrate is looking pretty dry like water isnt soaking in all the way.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it.  The casing is pretty thin ~1/4" 50/50+, sub ~1.5" oats bulked to hpoo.  5th flush about to start now and will probably toss after that, such a pain to deal with.  Got tons of stumps with casing stuck to them after cutting off all thier heads. Probably end up making filtered extractions with all the stumps.

Edited by cg3p0, 10 March 2019 - 01:32 PM.

#12 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:41 PM

Was wondering about genetics, but this is multi spore, thought some would have popped up.  After increasing the internal airflow/evaporation and decreasing humidity some are standing a little taller.  Getting first signs of the green monster so dug it out of the tray and noticed the inside of the substrate is looking pretty dry like water isnt soaking in all the way.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it.  The casing is pretty thin ~1/4" 50/50+, sub ~1.5" oats bulked to hpoo.  5th flush about to start now and will probably toss after that, such a pain to deal with.  Got tons of stumps with casing stuck to them after cutting off all thier heads. Probably end up making filtered extractions with all the stumps.

Well 5 flushes is pretty good without getting green sooner.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!