Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Bobo’s Casa de Cubensis (and other psychotropic strains)

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:07 PM

Yup. If there was some overlay I overlooked it seems you got a nice pinset anyway.

With the Martha, sometimes if the tray fits too tightly against the plastic it will block the humidity from below. If there is room maybe put those on seperate racks. That might help the humidity issue.

#22 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:20 AM

Just because the overlay did not cover the entire sub does not mean it isn't there. You can clearly see it in the first pics along with the riz growth browning. It will be fine. I have also had overlay cover the entire sub and still fruit. You say tomAto, I say tomoto. As long as there is a success, that is all that matters.

I’m neurotic as fug and like to do things as well as possible. I appreciate your sharp eye.

Yup. If there was some overlay I overlooked it seems you got a nice pinset anyway.

With the Martha, sometimes if the tray fits too tightly against the plastic it will block the humidity from below. If there is room maybe put those on seperate racks. That might help the humidity issue.

I moved the trays around, and rigged a new humidifier with an inkbird set to 91.5%. This won’t be a permanent configuration, but should work to get me through this round. They are starting to go a little nuts now.

81169FE1-0D12-4941-B2AE-7B28A951712D.jpeg

149745AD-F9C7-4194-A0D8-9EF873DE8561.jpeg
  • roc and coorsmikey like this

#23 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 12:39 PM

Harvest time? A few have now separated from their annulus. Guessing it’s time to glove up and twist some fruits off the sub?

C557F4AE-EB78-42DA-9CD2-9306FFA0A044.jpeg AB7CF2DB-D8E8-44EE-97E8-2B0621B7C09B.jpeg

Edited by Bobotrank, 10 March 2019 - 01:12 PM.

• onediadem and RutgerHauer like this

#24 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:56 PM

1043ED42-BAF5-4D05-9D8F-658834E6E524.jpeg

I did it. I did something. I did something.

In all seriousness, thanks for the bit of guidance. As this is my first grow, I’d only purchased half a clue. The other half is still in the mail. Peace.
  • onediadem and RutgerHauer like this

#25 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:42 PM

So how do you like that "midwest grow" setup, does the heating system work well? or hard to stablize?

Edited by WolfWhiz, 10 March 2019 - 03:42 PM.

#26 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:59 PM

Hi Wolf. Thanks for stopping by. I’m still kinda torn on the system. The infraheater seems to be ok. I bought an inkbird thermostat that I’m going to hook up, but honestly, the rh has been more of an issue for me. Pouring water on the lava rocks helps boost it into the 90’s in conjunction with the humidifier they give you, but you have to refill it very often. Now I’ve added a third party cool air humidifier, and hooked that to an rh inkbird set to 91.5%. My hygrometer says it’s around 91-92%, but the inkbird sensor reads around 86%. It doesn’t seem to go above that, but I’m still thinking about what would be better/ more reliable. I bought another identical setup to incubate in because I like the heater, but I can tell you already that the humidifier isn’t going to get opened. I probably could have recreated a similar system for less cash, but I guess that speaks to how much I appreciate the heater. Long winded answer, apologies, but hope it helps. Peace

#27 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:26 PM

Hi Bob,

check this out, they kick ass, you can also plumb a 5 or 10 gallon bucket to hold extra water to feed these..  I have one on a digital humidity switch...

s-l500.jpg

www.ebay.com/itm/Coospider-Reptile-Fogger-Terrariums-Humidifier-Fog-Mister-Big-3L-Tank-Cool-Mist/163494028356

Edited by WolfWhiz, 10 March 2019 - 09:26 PM.

#28 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:13 PM

Thanks dude! Looks very similar to the one I just bought. I’m gonna check it out, tho. I’m fucking paranoid my shits gonna go haywire and fry all my hard work. Much appreciated.

Edit: Figured out why it wasn’t blowing fog— water backed up in my exhaust tube. The solution should be pretty straightforward.

Edited by Bobotrank, 11 March 2019 - 12:44 AM.

#29 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:16 AM

Ya, I would move that heater rheostat (dimmer switch) out of the humidity if you can.

#30 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:58 AM

I have yet to find any moisture on that part. Their humidifier is sketchy as all hell tho.
  • WolfWhiz likes this

#31 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:16 PM

Goooooood morning. Well, that escalated quickly. Started out twisting and pulling these puppies, but switched over to scalpel. Seemed to keep more pins intact, and less cleanup in the workflow. Anyone have any strong opinions on this one? Pros? Cons?

Have a wonderful day.

73949BD3-F17A-4730-A63C-031F752E8F00.jpeg 13F3C730-DF3A-4D56-9EAA-4FB597A91729.jpeg

#32 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,455 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:11 PM

Great flush!

I'm a twist and pull guy.

If you are doing both why not do 1/2 of a tray one way and the other way on the other half. Might see the pro's and cons!

• Bobotrank and WolfWhiz like this

#33 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:01 PM

Great flush!

If you are doing both why not do 1/2 of a tray one way and the other way on the other half. Might see the pro's and cons!

Please do. Theres a whole thread on the topic, so it's a hotly debated topic right now, lol.
  • roc and Bobotrank like this

#34 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:01 PM

Thanks, Roc! I indeed did just that. Thought I’d ask the pros what they thought, too. Newb lyfe! :)

#35 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:20 PM

Pretty much proven to not make any difference whether you cut or pull. So whichever makes you comfortable is fine.
  • Bobotrank likes this

#36 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:30 PM

Great flush!

Please do. Theres a whole thread on the topic, so it's a hotly debated topic right now, lol.

It sounds like it’s up there with “To case, or not to case...”

Seems like there could be contam issues if the mushroom stumps started to break down, but we shall see. Thanks for chiming in Deleena!

#37 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:31 PM

Pretty much proven to not make any difference whether you cut or pull. So whichever makes you comfortable is fine.

This makes a neurotic person like me happy. Thanks for the input.

#38 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,455 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:03 PM

Since the original post my curiosity got to me and after some research you are right - it makes no difference.

I read some major research papers on it and was personally a little surprised on the findings.

• Bobotrank likes this

#39 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:45 PM

Well it’s settled then! Lol The only real advantage seems to be that you don’t really have to clean the dirt off the base of the stipe at any point. Maybe one could argue a microscopically larger yield.

#40 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:44 PM

Since the original post my curiosity got to me and after some research you are right - it makes no difference.

I read some major research papers on it and was personally a little surprised on the findings.

Me too, I guess the slimy stumps turn back to mycelium after a few days if given the chance. I always ended up removing them after 24hrs or so bc I thought theres no way that goo will be good, but apparently I was wrong.

I'm still going to try myself doing a tray half one way half the other to see with my own eyes.
  • Bobotrank likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!