Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Bobo’s Casa de Cubensis (and other psychotropic strains)

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:11 PM

Mind. Blown. What are they then?? Sub strains?

#62 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 1,980 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:53 PM

Its a poorly organized naming convention. A strain my or may not have well developed genetics.

I love collecting strains as much as the next guy though.
  • Bobotrank likes this

#63 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:18 PM

In what form do you normally collect?  Prints, or do you make slants?

#64 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 1,980 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 March 2019 - 10:38 PM

Prints. Can't beat prints. Agar rules.
  • Bobotrank likes this

#65 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 11:15 PM

Noted! Thanks JK. I appreciate the knowledge.

And on that note...

Made a diffuser for my humidifier. Felt like it was coming out very localized, and saw someone make one of these somewhere. I should have taken a pic before I installed, but you get the point. Three rows of staggered, evenly spaced holes.DDBB1D75-F094-4766-AF88-84A22CDA9840.jpeg 3135F2E5-9FE4-4ECC-B8E7-D2017A77909C.jpeg

I feel like the temp/humidity is a little off on my inkbird digital switch. Compared to the thermometers/hygrometers in my tent, it always reads a little low. I see mycelium on the tips of my primordia, so I turned it down. These lil ones seem happy, though.
F6977A83-FEA6-4541-BEAA-CB7F224EB180.jpeg E76F2477-7D66-4326-A77F-DD224440D1CD.jpeg

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

#66 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:35 PM

Flush 2 is under way.  I never get tired of looking at these guys.  So darn purty.

IMG_2326.jpeg

Figured I'd try my hand at making a spore print.  Gonna let this puppy sit for a day, and see what I get.  Hopefully a clean ass print.  I made a couple from my last flush just using clean glass cups, but the humidity seemed like a hurdle.  I let it air dry, and am thinking I just throw it out.  Probably contaminated.

IMG_2330.jpeg

I've got a nice cluster that I'm going to try and clone day after tomorrow.  Prepping some grain as we speak, and going to try and try it without agar first.

#67 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 1,980 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:38 PM

For prints, let them mature til you see spores begin to drop.
  • Bobotrank likes this

#68 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:29 PM

Thanks. I might have jumped the gun on this one then. Should I bother to let it ride, or just pull it now?

#69 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 1,980 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:44 PM

If it's already there, give it 12 hours or over night and check it. Should be a noticeable print by then, if not, probably won't be.
  • Bobotrank likes this

#70 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:23 PM

Got it, gracias. I’m going to go check on things in a bit. Should have some more mature caps by now.

#71 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:56 PM

Flush 2 has pretty much flushed.  Waiting for some caps to open still, and a couple more decent pins coming up.

IMG_2335.jpeg

Overall seems like the fruits are a little larger, little more sparse.  So when do you guys like to harvest?  I thought as the veil is breaking was always the consensus, but I see so many of you on here letting your caps mature more than that.  Am I doing it all wrong by harvesting them after veil has broken, or the cap has pulled away from the annulus?  Admittedly I think they look way more badass once they've hit full maturity, and the cap has flattened out a bit.  

Boiled and jarred up some rye berries last night.  I have 4 1/2 pint jars that will be ready for some milking.  Excited to give that a shot.  

Also, after reading Deleena's thread about Organic Miracle Grow, thinking I'm going to grab some Vermifire (similar to Fox Farm but a little richer) I have sitting around my house, and give it a run.  Won't be for about another month or so.

#72 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 1,980 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:41 PM

Any time after veil break is good for harvest.

You'll see variance for a few reasons, One is you'll often have a few "over achievers" I call them that mature faster, some folks with wait for a good time to harvest the whole flush, letting a few go to spore.

I'm going for prints on small tubs, you'll see mine are mostly full open and dropping spores.

Sometimes also it will seem like forever waiting for them to mature, then you turn back for minute and boom, full open and spore dropping.

And the open caps make for better pictures, lol.

Ideal time is after veil break, but before spore drop. That can be a 12 hours or 2 hours.

I'd harvest most of those and maybe give the smaller ones another day.
  • Bobotrank likes this

#73 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:23 PM

Thanks JK. That is exactly my plan. I took all the ones that were showing off, and I’ll be checking in on the others starting this afternoon. I appreciate the time you’re taking to help me. I’m absorbing it all.

#74 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:58 PM

Spluffed some grains this morning.  Did a small jar of Azurescens and Cyanescens each, and then a qt of Mayan Masters (whatever that is), and Mazatapec.  

IMG_2339.jpeg

I PC'd some rye last night.  90 min at 15 psi.  I noticed some of my grains are bursting. First, is this from too high a water content?  Second, is it something to worry about?  I normally soak my grains for 12-24 hrs with a tablespoon of gypsum.  Then boil 10 min, and drain/let a bunch of water steam off for a bit in colanders while stirring.  They get a pretty good cool down before I jar them up, but are admittedly still warm at that point.  In the morning when I saw them, there was a little bit of condensation on the inside of the jar.  

Have a good day my friends.

#75 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 1,980 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:07 PM

Burst aren't a death sentence, but it does mean overcooked/over hydrated. Helps to either then dry well before putting in the jars or underhydrate a bit and shake well out of the pc to distribute any excess moisture.

#76 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:26 PM

I think I let the temp get too high at the beginning of my boil. I always get busy and then miss the initial onset, and next thing I know it’s raging in the pot. I always do the post PC shake, tho, so at least I’ve got that going for me.

Have a good day JK!

#77 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 815 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 03:55 PM

Welcome! Stop spraying Peroxide on your mushrooms! It will only damage your desired mycelium as effectively as it will damage any competitor molds and fungi. Weak damaged mycelium cannot fight off competitor as well as healthy mycelium. Please ditch that idea of peroxide and mycology together. just because it worked once for somebody doesn't mean its good practice. I could add used motor oil to my substrate and still grow mushrooms, That doesn't mean that its good for them just because it worked.
Check this thread out https://mycotopia.ne...ly-to-the-site/

Okay, but what should my ratio of brown rice flour to motor oil be for my Mikey cakes?
  • Bobotrank likes this

#78 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:31 PM

Welcome, PinkMenace. I think if your cakes are just floating in the oil you should be all set.
  • PinkMenace likes this

#79 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted Today, 12:59 AM

Little Sunday night update.

Will uncover both my trays tomorrow. They’ve had a couple days in the dark since they got scraped and dunked. I peeked today for a second, and there was tons of new myc growth, and a couple pins starting up again. Hoping to get a decent final flush out of these.

I also have a 3rd tray of GT that I’m currently spawning. Going to let this one fill in more this time. Hoping for a more even flush.

Did a culture from a nice GT cluster into a small amount of grain. First time attempt. Not seeing any growth on that one yet, but both my Azurescens and Mazatapec MS are showing white fuzzies, which frankly gives me the warm fuzzies. That Azur is aggressive, as everyone else seems to agree.

12E5C3FD-D4D1-4EB4-9F57-567BCA2AD979.jpeg 26BF67B6-420F-4195-906B-2F886B54704B.jpeg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!