52 replies to this topic

#41 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:37 AM

You're probably fine. I just like for people to stay informed.
  • RutgerHauer likes this

#42 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:09 PM

I saw a PE like pin that is half dug into the substrate, just deciding to grow below the surface.. odd stuff man!

We love pics bro.  Why the tease??lol

• Skywatcher, Billcoz and RutgerHauer like this

#43 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:53 PM

I'm sorry, can't get that in focus on camera.

It could very well be the thing is fucked. See some colors coming in: brown spots on white mycelium with brown water drops on it and the vicinity I see some tiny spots coming on with a turquoise/blue like, very bright color.
Pins are doing the weirdest things: some form like the blobs you see on many othergrows, some grow gills on the sides of their horizontal stem and most of the have fucked up hats, some weird Upside Down monster in there.

I probably made a mistake pasteurizing the bulk substrate. I bet I don't have the technique down and am better off sterilizing that stuff. If the bulk substrate was contaminated that means basically 50% in there is possibly not the good mycelium, and I have some other white mycelium growing too..

Not sure about contamination, metabolites (brown stuff) or bruising, it is all too hard to see still. Maybe I'm missing or don't want to see something very obvious. Might try and take a few pics and share tomorrow so I can hear your thoughts on this.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 16 April 2019 - 05:00 PM.

• Billcoz likes this

#44 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:17 PM

How about this for pictures? I live in the most horrible place to grow mushrooms. This happened the other day. The whole building is about to get knocked down in a few months.. I am lucky and unlucky that this nasty, shared part of the house is 20 or 30 yards away. Lucky because I dont grow nearby and unlucky because I need to take a walk before I can do my business.

If this grow is done for, good thing my Cambodian is doing good after a G2G.

Attached Thumbnails

• CIMG4176.JPG
  • CIMG4178.JPG

Edited by RutgerHauer, 16 April 2019 - 05:22 PM.

#45 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:37 PM

That's rough bud, sorry. 

Agreed the brown water spots likely myc piss, defense for your grow, I'm told to leave it.

The other colors prob. need a pic to properly identify.

Not tried my hand @ pasteurization yet, I know it's popular round these parts and I take my hat of to you for giving it a go, I just started working w/ poo myself.  Trial and error, it's all education IMO.

Plan on finishing your grows before the move then?

• RutgerHauer likes this

#46 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:55 PM

Could be very well that I'm just freaking out after smoking a J, thinking too much of it doesn't help. Will leave it, and make some pics of the freaks for you freaks tomorrow. There are two normal looking pinsin there as well. I wonder if it would possible to shoot a bunch of bad genetics in such a big grow. Used 1ml to make a LC of 150 ml, and used in total about 20ml out of that. Maybe the first ml was bad.

Again, thinking does not help.

Will round up my grows I have going now, can't look for a new place anyway anytime soon.. I'll be good for a month or two..

Edited by RutgerHauer, 16 April 2019 - 05:59 PM.

• Billcoz and aqudoc like this

#47 aqudoc

aqudoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:21 PM

"It seems like a lot of complicated work and looks like a lot of stuff can go wrong, but it is all very doable when the process becomes clear to you. Things will go wrong though and you will learn from it. I learn so much about myself too and believe the practice of cultivating mushrooms teaches me to get things done better, in general - to plan, research, keep records of things, be precise, consistent, rational, calm, patient and clean."

Someone wrote this on another thread, thought you might find it helpful... :wink:

• Billcoz and RutgerHauer like this

#48 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:02 AM

Alright, pictures are in. You can see some blueing. Probably had way too little FAE from the moment I put it into fruiting conditions, could this be the culprit? I think so.

I opened up the breathing holes a bit yesterday and am fanning a bit longer, seems to smell a bit fresher now when I open the lid. Less stale air.

Attached Thumbnails

• 72425F20-9F6F-4B0D-B98E-ADCB0080C4B3.jpeg
  • F7C0DEAB-A0B1-4514-BCBE-221F1431D447.jpeg
  • A8387E3E-B056-4003-B6FB-74BCA916ABD9.jpeg
  • 936B4772-A55D-418D-A8E5-B7E514739E6D.jpeg
  • 95F034CD-1B51-427B-A893-D8F0EA126750.jpeg

#49 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:42 AM

More FAE is great, but lack of it isn't the cause. Could be a chemical contamination, Lysol, bleach, petroleum products. Looks like you have straw in the substrate? Could even be pesticide residue on the straw.

But more common is verticillum or mycogone. If those blobs are weeping or have wet spots, mycogone.
  • Billcoz and RutgerHauer like this

#50 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:54 PM

Thanks Jk. I used coco coir, that's what you might think is the straw. That and vermiculite. Had the vermiculite bag open for quite a while, might be bad. Used it for my first grows over a year ago and had some left, combined that with finer 'fresh' vermiculite. The whole mix was a bit uneven, big chunks of coco husk and thin straws of coco, together with some real fine vermiculite.

Think the sterilization plans in stead of pasteurizing isn't a bad idea. Could have easily not completely pasteurized the substrate and left some nasties in there.

It looks like verticillium now I am reading into it. Gonna take care of it tomorrow and clean it out. Don't think I will get many shrooms out of this, most of them are fucked. Too bad.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 17 April 2019 - 05:23 PM.

#51 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:33 PM

Verticillum is mostly cosmetic. If its not oozing metabolites I'd just isolate and fruit.
  • Billcoz likes this

#52 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:34 AM

Can't isolate a thing where I'm at, I have one room. It is taken care of, I want to grow healthy mushrooms, not just harvest for the sake of it.

Here are final pictures so other people have picture material for verticillium.
Split stems, brown spots, dry bubble and other weird monsters.

Attached Thumbnails

• 5D8494D0-A24D-48F7-AD90-7AB1D8A02B36.jpeg
  • 9F72D908-370E-496F-8384-05D95A6D047C.jpeg
  • 5032F9BD-8DBD-4B2A-BACE-E4B4D2327ACB.jpeg
  • 11B2A3E3-7154-4A60-9243-FC8A6D3256CF.jpeg
  • 043C9A65-039D-44DA-A24E-6324A2D4E711.jpeg

#53 PasF

PasF

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:25 PM

I've enjoyed reading thru this thread. Nice people. I'd give you all a beer, but I don't know you, so I will take a drink for you instead. I'm late to the grow. Looking forward to more pictures :) RutgerHauer very nice. I hope to be as skilled as you one day CHEERS!

• RutgerHauer likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!