#1 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,581 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:10 PM

I feel fear  as I write this,and not just because of the 3 search warrants served  last year in which my cats friend Nine Lives heard that I was an interested party. I could be labeled a terrorist for sedition tried under obscure laws in secret courts tortured for suggesting a peaceful revolution using the few laws we have left. The government likes to take citizens one at a time.

We must take back our Rights and live by the Rule of Law through peaceful means or else your children will live under conditions so horrible that they will revolt in a violent way

Now I understand why the Revolution won't be televised, well not by mainstream media, for obvious reasons.

Time to repeal corporate person-hood or amend it so the top executives board of directors face trial as the "corporate person (s)". Accountable as  any person,  ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. We the people can do this and we must, we are on the edge of a collapse, rights to privacy gone.

They break the laws knowing they will not be held accountable.

Constitutional Rights ignored by the those who swore to uphold the Constitution, defend the USA against all enemies Foreign and Domestic. 

"Pay attention to your enemies, for they are the first to discover your mistakes" [Antisthenes] "You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you" [Eric Hoffer The Passionate State of Mind]"

https://www.movetoamend.org/
Constructing Rebellion : The Overthrow of Corporate Trryany - Chris Hedges 

[Direct Link]

• roc, Coopdog and Juthro like this

#2 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,581 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:49 PM

Corporations a body without a soul, messed up the title a little maybe it can be fixed

#3 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:06 PM

Good to see you around Heirloom, I hope you've been well.

Do you think there is still a chance to turn this train around by peaceful means?  I hope you are right. 

I think we approaching the breaking point at a faster speed than ever before, and I'm concerned that it will get much uglier before it gets better.

• onediadem and Coopdog like this

#4 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,356 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:44 PM

Hopefully we don't have to go to the streets... I'm tired but in the late 60's we showed our power against the Machine.

We need fucking term limits!

We can take back our power but will anybody get up and do something?

[Direct Link]

• Myc, Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:59 PM

Heirloom, you have been missed!  

The fuckmeister/oligarchs will drive what's left of the American experiment straight into the ditch, if something isn't done soon.  Florida Maqui on Y'ube, who has been keeping me informed on the subversion of Venezuela for its rich white minority to take back over and line up the Koch Bros. and others gravy trains, has been calling for the Discombobulated States of America to become fifty independent nations.   He feels most of them would do nicely as such.   Maybe that's not a bad idea.

#6 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,443 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:58 PM

Hey Alder,

I'm glad you weighed in - especially with the Venezuela information. I've watched the Jimmy Dore interview you most recently posted showing how the Koch bros. are promoting the Keystone XL pipeline to bring dirty tar sands to Texas. 

What astounded me (10:51 of the first video) was that tar sands (bitumen) is being piped through Boston for export to China. I ask myself, "Why ship it so far?", when all one has to do is to ship it to Texas via Atlantic/Gulf of Mexico waterways? 

One or the other story is shaken. 

I wonder who among us is in possession of all of the facts?

• Coopdog likes this

#7 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:28 PM

Hey Alder,

especially with the Venezuela information...

I wonder who among us is in possession of all of the facts?

I don't know if your latter point here is connected to your former but, Venezuela sounds like a real mess. I've tried to get my head around it a little (something I haven't taken much time to do with politics lately) but it's hard to find people who don't either say, essentially that, the current regime should be overthrown (even with outside help) or that the entire shitshow that IS Venezuela is all the fault of foreign intervention - neither of which looks true. But I'll be damn if you can find more than a handful of nuanced discussion of the subject.

I did hear an interesting point the other day that, the Koch refineries are set up to refine "dirtier" crude which is why they're interested in the Canadian stuff (and Venezuelan) but that doesn't resolve your China question...

#8 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:36 AM

The back story of butt-hurt white folks who ran the show for a long time and still own much of the commerce and who can't muster a majority anymore with those Negros e Indios having become united, willing to do anything to get back on top, and a deep state who is all for it, and President Orangutan hiring known war criminals with just that humanitarian aid (weapons of insurrection) specialty, makes for an opportunity for me to write quite the run-on sentence.

#9 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:41 AM

Add in a touch of crime family dictators and heaping helping of economic ineptitude and you've got all the parameters of a shit show...

#10 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:55 AM

Who are these "dictators?"  The dumping of oil on the markets by the Saudis and the Americans to tank the price, while piling on the sanctions, what kind of eptitude is going to work?

#11 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:29 AM

How wealthy do you think Maduro's family is? Stacking the judiciary, rule by decress...ask the politically imprisoned or executed of Venezuela what a dictator is. They interrupt political opponent speeches by taking over EVERY SINGLE airwave in the country and put themselves on instead. The country's economy has been in a decline, conservatively, since Maduro took over. Ineptitude is when you haven't diversified your economy from the single income of oil for, you know, ever.

The people calling themselves the US gov't should keep their imperial fuckery out of the rest of the Americas. The Koch brothers, Elliott Abrams and "President Orangutan" are pieces of shit- not a particularly edgy position there. But your point of view will never be taken seriously if you see things so black and white (kind of ironic with regards to a lot of your espoused philosophical outlook on life). Venezuela isn't a dichotomy - Abrams AND Maduro can and should be despised. One doesn't become a hero because the other isn't.

No 20 minute video clip of platitudes on Jimmy Dore can summate what's going on in Venezuela. Step outside your emotional reaction and expand beyond the echo chambers and talking points you're fond of waxing on about and you'll find a complex, nuanced and sadly unfortunate situation.

• mushit and Juthro like this

#12 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:26 AM

No 20 minute video clip of platitudes on Jimmy Dore can summate what's going on in Venezuela. 

I couldn't agree with this part more.  (and the rest wasn't bad either)

Edited by Juthro, 08 March 2019 - 03:32 AM.

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:14 AM

I see no choice except between professional propagandists and the amateurs, if that is how one wants to frame Greg Palast's reporting.  I tend to trust that guy.  He's been to Venezuela a lot.  Jimmy Carter and others have repeatedly said that the Venezuelan election system is just about the best one going. 

#14 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,008 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:17 AM

Oh, and no one criticize those Jimmy Dore episodes with Greg Palast until you've watched them (and try to leave your own biases at the door too).

#15 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,443 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:51 AM

I will watch the 3rd installment today when I get finished-up.

I will also watch all of this information again just to make sure I didn't miss something. 

The comment on the tar sands export was just me noting a discrepancy - (or, at least, there seems to be one). It felt good to finally understand the big push behind that Keystone XL project. Wasn't trying to de-rail the original subject but I did pick up on the commonality with the mention of the "dirty" oil. 

To clarify my thinking on the matter:

It appears as though we are taking a huge risk in building the overland pipe-line - Keystone

Then I hear of another similar project which has received little or no mention - the Boston pipeline

Upon learning of the stated mission of these pipes......things stopped adding up. One pipe to bring materials overland to Texas while another pipe to bring materials to export (from the east coast of North America to China). Looking at a world map, the trip from Boston to the Gulf Coast is waaaaaayy shorter than the trip from Boston to China. I just don't get it and admit that I may be under-informed. 

#16 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,443 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

So .....

I didn't have to dig far to begin to wrap my mind around what is being talked about here. While I think that Mr. Hedges may have our best interests at heart, he seems to play loosely with fact. I keep focusing on the first part of the video that I mentioned earlier. Hedges mentions "anti-fracking activists" and "kindra morgan and spectrum" and pipeline all in one statement. 

So I went to research and found that it is the Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain Pipeline. They have nothing to do with fracking - nada. Turns out, it is an established pipeline (since 1961) which has been bringing product from the tar sands to port for export - for quite awhile now. Nothing new. 

I also don't find where any part of it runs through Boston. It runs from "Alberta to B.C." 

Interestingly, when I began researching the Kinder Morgan pipeline...........I ran across information regarding the Keystone XL project. This was interesting because I discovered that the pipeline does not serve (exclusively) the interests of the Koch Bros. (as was implied by the Jimmy Dore/ Greg Palast interview). Turns out the pipeline is bringing to market products from Canada and the U.S. and serves refineries in the Midwest along with the Gulf Coast. Palast's interview leaves one thinking that this pipeline is being installed for the sole purpose of serving the Koch Bros.'s Gulf Coast facility. Not entirely true. 

https://napipelines....eline-capacity/

I don't claim to have all of the facts. Nor do I pretend that I'm not propagandized in some form or fashion. But the Greg Palast interview left me "hating" on the Koch Bros. While I'm not defending them (I don't even know them personally) ....... I won't be the first one to arrive at their doorstep with torches and pitch-forks. 

We are all deceived. 

Edited by Myc, 08 March 2019 - 06:06 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#17 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:16 PM

Another Jimmy Dore hit job.  Just enough of the truth, mixed with his own brand of spin and showmanship to make an entertaining show to keep up his ratings.

He's an entertainer, and if you find him entertaining then more power to you.  But IMHO his version of the facts are seldom, if ever, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!