23 replies to this topic

#1 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:15 PM

First time for a FOAF  :blush:

Is wondering how long before they will see full caps? It is pinning now...

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0002 - Copy.jpg
  • DSC_0003 - Copy.jpg

Edited by WolfWhiz, 08 March 2019 - 10:16 PM.

• skunk and RutgerHauer like this

#2 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,285 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:32 PM

2-3 days away.

Moisture is high don't mist those directly for now.

Nice rhizo growth!

• peacefrog and WolfWhiz like this

#3 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:41 PM

Ya, it is beautiful looks like flower pedestals with gills

#4 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,162 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:23 AM

Pin dance!

Yep as roc said, don’t mist them for now they look pretty wet.

Good vibes.

#5 Turtlegirl

Turtlegirl

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:34 AM

2-3 days away.

Moisture is high don't mist those directly for now.

Nice rhizo growth!

I’m glad he asked because I was wondering the same thing. Mine started pinning on Thursday. They have been growing every day but the are only about an inch. I guess I’m wondering how many days it can take? Every step on this grow has been taking longer than “normal”. Btw they are supposed to be Golden Teacher.
  • roc and peacefrog like this

#6 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:08 AM

I have also spotted the tiniest pins I have ever seen yesterday on my second tray. Have a thinner casing layer on this run so I can see things pretty clearly like on the cake in the OP. Good going on the grow. I also can see how growth tempo is relative to temperatures.. I have my room temperature at about 70 degrees F/21 C, so it'll all take a little longer than usual in my case.
  • peacefrog likes this

#7 Turtlegirl

Turtlegirl

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:43 AM

I have my colonizing jars sitting on a heating pad for plants.  I keep mine at 79 degrees.  My fruiting chamber is running about 75 degrees.

#8 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:49 AM

I have my colonizing jars sitting on a heating pad for plants.  I keep mine at 79 degrees.  My fruiting chamber is running about 75 degrees.

Be careful with that heating pad! How do you conclude the temperature of your jars is 79 degrees?
  • roc, PJammer24 and Turtlegirl like this

#9 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

Yes, please be careful with the pad.

A general rule to go by is that a pin will double in size every 24hrs once it starts.

This isnt exact at all but it's close. I grow a bit cold and I expect to harvest within 5 or 6 days after I see full pins. Depending on the strain and temps it can be a couple days faster or slower.
  • roc and Turtlegirl like this

#10 Turtlegirl

Turtlegirl

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:12 PM

Be careful with that heating pad! How do you conclude the temperature of your jars is 79 degrees?

We keep our house really cold so that is why I bought a seedling heating pad. I have it plugged into a thermostat controller with a probe. I independently verified temperature with both a human thermometer and a Fischer precision thermometer. The controller is surprisingly accurate. I have it set at 79 and it keeps the temp between 78 and 80.
  • RutgerHauer and WolfWhiz like this

#11 Turtlegirl

Turtlegirl

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:20 PM

A general rule to go by is that a pin will double in size every 24hrs once it starts.
This isnt exact at all but it's close. I grow a bit cold and I expect to harvest within 5 or 6 days after I see full pins. Depending on the strain and temps it can be a couple days faster or slower.

It does seem to be growing at the rate you mentioned. I’ve been surprised by both the rate of growth and the diameter of my stems. I will go grab a pic and post soon. Hopefully I don’t get distracted between here and there

#12 Turtlegirl

Turtlegirl

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:32 PM

How do these look?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_16251.JPG
  • IMG_16201.JPG

• Deleena24, skunk and WolfWhiz like this

#13 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:36 PM

OK, pins are not doubling every 24 hours they are growing to 3 in stems over night, also having a issue with caps splitting and not opening is it too dry?  

#14 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:40 PM

I'm sorry I dont understand, they're growing slower or faster?

I said the doubling rule is a total estimation, it can be faster or slower. Fruits that grow very fast do tend to have a tendency to split the stems or caps, it can be a number of things, though.

#15 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:14 PM

yes, they are growing over night and splitting caps.. thought it might be a error on environment?

#16 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:27 PM

I'd have to see a pic to see exactly.

Temperatures and humidity are common factors for split caps, usually high temps and slightly low RH, but going from pin to full fruit with open cap in 24hrs is crazy fast either way you cut it.
  • WolfWhiz likes this

#17 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:01 PM

That was the very first it was removed, will have pics shortly looks like there are a few more following suit.

#18 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:36 PM

OK, here is a over night number 3 they are not getting very big maybe 3 inches from cap to root... but they do not look like other IW I have seen? They bruise blue, so they should be ok to use?

Attached Thumbnails

• 1DSC_0001.jpg

#19 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:14 PM

Awww how cute. Lol. Just looks like a tiny cube. Probably a genetic thing.

I should amend my statement to they about double in size until mature, which that is. It's just tinier than usual. Cant double in size if you're fully grown, ya dig?

#20 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,101 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:05 AM

yes, they are growing over night and splitting caps.. thought it might be a error on environment?

Splitting caps is typically the result of low humidity...

• WolfWhiz likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!