• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:18 PM

yes, they are growing over night and splitting caps.. thought it might be a error on environment?

Splitting caps is typically the result of low humidity...

Its at 95% and extremely stable... 1/2 a inch of water under perlite and 4 stage air pump with 4 air hoses....

#22 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,101 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:28 PM

yes, they are growing over night and splitting caps.. thought it might be a error on environment?

Splitting caps is typically the result of low humidity...

Its at 95% and extremely stable... 1/2 a inch of water under perlite and 4 stage air pump with 4 air hoses....

It could be something genetic but splitting caps is a common side effect of low humidity.

Are you using a shotgun style fruiting chamber? They are notoriously bad at maintaining humidity. Hygrometers are touchy and not always super accurate.

Edited by PJammer24, 11 March 2019 - 02:29 PM.

#23 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,361 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:18 PM

If you could show a pic of your split caps that could be helpful. I have a feeling something is being miscommunicated here.

Wolf, by split caps are you saying they literally split like they're broken in places or are you referring to when the cap splits from the veil?
  • RutgerHauer likes this

#24 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:21 AM

If you could show a pic of your split caps that could be helpful. I have a feeling something is being miscommunicated here.

Wolf, by split caps are you saying they literally split like they're broken in places or are you referring to when the cap splits from the veil?

Split as in torn umbrella... not the veils... I think it was just the first few the cake threw... they are improving a little each time... when I came home there were a few more so I just took them.. didn't want them to spore.

I am hoping to take some prints but waiting for complete size caps.

Edited by WolfWhiz, 12 March 2019 - 01:22 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!